• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
REICHSTAG MEMBER FOUND DEAD! COMMUNISTS SUSPECTED!

BERLIN - Around 5 o'clock this morning, National Liberal party member Oberst Tiberius von Ramstein was found dead in his apartment, with the words "DEATH TO THE KAISER, LONG LIVE THE RED REVOLUTION!". Berlin Police are looking into this murder to see who, or what, could have caused this. Although the writing on the wall indicated it's a member of the local Communist factions, some believe that there is evidence from inside the Social Democratic Party that was responsible for this murder, a more radical member who is more inclined towards Communism than their left-leaning core beliefs. The Berlin Police has yet to name any suspects, but this shocking revelation shows how unstable the current government actually. News from the Kaiser's office has been heard that a possible dissolution of Parliament may be in order, to call another election.

Gentlemen, this is a dark hour for democracy in our nation and the freedoms of our people. I offer my sincere condolences to the family, and the party, of Oberst Tiberius von Ramstein. The base actions of these "revolutionary" terrorists is deplorable. Reform does not come through revolution and violence, but instead through democratic debate and the exchange of ideas and principles. We must work to counter the actions of these revolutionaries and restore peace, stability, and faith in the Reichstag and the government.

~Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld, Chancellor of the German Empire

OOC: I will no be accepting proposals for legislation on this matter.

Oberst Tiberius was a great friend of mine, in our time together as partners in the National Liberal Party. His assassination has left a wound perhaps even more deadly than that of any bullet upon me, one that I am not sure that I will be able to heal from.

Despite this, I am a man of rational thought, and I know that my friend would not want any rash action to be taken. A full investigation should and must be carried out, and fingers must not be pointed willy-nilly.

I will continue in my duty as His Imperial Majesty's Colonial Minister, however I am not sure that I will ever be the same after this event.

"It is truly shocking and saddening to hear of a friend's death, as well as its sudden-ness and lack of any previous warning.

As Minister of Justice in the Reich, I can assure all that justice will be served; the perpetrators will be caught and punished to the furthest extent of the law. For Germany, for the Kaiser, for the Coalition and for Tiberius' family, the persons behind this terrible tragedy will be caught and punished. I believe I may speak on the Kaiser's behalf in stating that a full investigation will begin into Tiberius' death, in order to find and apprehend the perpetrators.

Also, on the Kaiser's possible dissolution of the Reichstag and calls for new elections (according to the rumors from the Kaiser's office): whatever his choice may be, I have full confidence in him, as well as the Chancellor of the Reich, in doing what is best for our nation."

~ V. Chancellor and Justice Minister von Weiss

Last edited:
I announce that a full investigation will be undertaken into this crime. I also wish to announce that I will not be dissolving the parliament and calling a new election. The National Liberal Party will retain the late Mr. Tiberius seat until the next election. Due to this crime all members of the Reichstag will have one member of the Imperial Guard as a personal bodyguard while ministers will have three and the chancellor five. This is to prevent this kind of event from ever happening again.

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Wilhelm II Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia

It is shocking and appalling that these communists have resorted to violence once again... I am glad that the Kaiser in his wisdom has decided not to disolve the Reichstag. These individuals thrive in chaos, and chaos is all they want; we must face them using the full arsenal that law provides, nothing more and nothing less.

A. R. Fahm, Minister of Post

Last edited:
Myself and Tiberius did not see eye to eye on many an issue. However his murder is still both greatly saddening and disturbing. Today the Communist scourge have once again shown how they cant be trusted. They again let us see the great and grave threat they pose to the whole of Germany. This threat must be dealt with and I applaud the actions being taken by both the Kaiser and the Justice Minister.

Lastly, I give my thoughts to the Ramstein family.

-Gustav Goldschmidt

I thank the Kaiser for his support of the current government in his decision to not dissolve parliament, such actions would only serve to strengthen these radicals. I hope that investigation will deliver a satisfactory conclusion. I place my confidence in the Justice Minster.

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld, Chancellor of the German Empire

Reichstag Colonial Ministry signs deal with Krupp Industries

ESSEN - News from the offices of Krupp Industries offers insight into the working of the new Government. Germans lands in Afrika, specifically Sudwestafrika and Cameroon, have been sold off Krupp Industries for their own personal usage. Reports that all of Cameroon have been sold have been proved true, but only half of Sudwestafrika has been annexed by Krupp Industries. These land-breaking deals involved Krupp handing over 45,000,000 RM to the Government, and in exchange Krupp Industries is granted fifteen years of immunity over their operations in the area, so long as it does not involve massive violations of German Colonial Law. Furthermore, for the first year Krupp will lower all costs to the German Government by 10%, bring the budget for this year down. However, when questioned how long it would last, Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach replied, "The 10% shall continue for one year, and after the 15 year immunity is up, for any amount of immunity granted over this set period of 15 years, meaning extra immunity, shall result in lower prices for the German Government." Many have hailed this is as a great success of the new Government, while anti-colonialists rallied to a company's buying of lands in Africa. As of now, the Government has the support of this newspaper in her endeavors.

I am pleased to hear that our colonies are getting support, however the shooting of a reichstag member is utterly unacceptable and i hope that no more political murder has to happen. This is especially shocking as a politician was shot that was not even radical but rather liberal and believing in our state. A special thank to the Kaiser for protecting us all and allowing us to continue our work safely.
If i may be allowed to change the statement that was done with the killing towards something that should fit any citizens of our country better:
DEATH TO THE RED REVOLUTION, LONG LIVE THE KAISER!

I'm utterly shocked by news of the vile murder of a Member of the Reichstag. This kind of act is utterly unacceptable and can never be tolerated. The culprit must be hunted down by a fully fair investigation to thoroughly determine the Culprit and Bring them to Justice. The news that our colonies are getting much needed support is welcome but is vastly overshadowed by the horrific news of the Death of Oberst Tiberius von Ramstein.

The franchising of colonies to private enterprise is an absurd idea, and has been proven to never succeed. Only in the control of the government, and thereby the people, can colonies be properly managed. The supposed deal to gain cheaper products is also absurd, and accepting such a pitiful deal proves that the government is unable to stand up to private industry, and therefore can not defend the rights of German citizens.

~H.C.A

I hereby announce that I refuse to sign this. Kameroon and Sudwestafrika will remain German Imperial colonies governed by the Imperial Government. On a different note I also announce that German companies may not sell weapons to other nations unless the government agrees to the it.

His Royal and Imperial Majesty, Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia

OOC: As the Kaiser's Government, the Afrikan Colonies were carried out by the Chancellor, making them fully legal. The Kaiser did not have to approve this measure, however, since it was NOT a vote of the Reichstag, he cannot veto it. He can only dissolve Parliament to make the deal void, or pressure the current government to fire the minister.

- Kaiserliche Post und Telegraphenverwaltung -​

The Reichpost is glad to announce the expansion of it's banking services, for the greater benefit of Germany. Now all the owners of a postal account will be able, with the presentation of their postal identity card, to transfer to and from their accounts a sum of up to 50.000 marks through a postal giro; 5 times higher than the current amount. This service will have a fare of 20 pfennings, plus a 1/1000 part of the transferred amount per operation.

This service will be specially useful for the small companies and the travelers alike, considering that operating with the Reichpost is an easy and common practice for them. Currently the service is limited to 14 post offices located in the main German cities, and there are plans to open more offices in the rest of the homeland, the colonies and abroad.

Naturally the system will work with the private banking, instead of competing with it as the physical transfer and deposit of funds is done through them. Overall, we expect that this plan will draw more resources into the German Banking system, making it stronger.

A. R. Frahm, Post Minister

Name: Władysław Skrzyński
Political affiliation: Leader of the Polish Representative Party.
Biography: Władysław was born in 1859 in the city of Zagórzany. He got into politics fast after his degree in law. He has been in the Reichstag for as long as Poles have been allowed.

I will present a law for the Reichstag:

The Polish Dominion Law.

1. All Poles are equal to all Germans and have the same rights in all aspects.
2. The Polish state is a dominion under the rule of Germany and will have Germany as their sovereign and the Emperor as our Lord, who we have and will swear eternal loyalty to.
3. It is the goal of the German Empire to unite the rest of the Polish people under the good rule of Germany and to include them in the Polish dominion.

I must express my deep opposition to this law. Not only would this fracture the integrity of the German Empire, it would end the confidence the people have in the Government. This is the German Empire, not the German-Polish Empire.