• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote Yes to all.

Currently, the voting stands at 218 Ayes, 19 Nays, and 159 Abstains for the The Economic Revitalization Act, for the The National Bank Act, the voting stands at 153 Ayes, 83 Nays, and 160 Abstains.

I vote Nay to the Economic Revitalisation Act, which will surely undermine our solid economic foundations whilst only addressing an issue already dealt with by this house, and Nay to the National Bank Act, for I see no reason for this momentous change to a bank that has almost the same powers as our existing institution.

I will remind my colleagues of a single fact Economic Revitalisation Act, our nation will acquire an additional 9 billion RM in debt, which would increase yearly interest payments by 900 million RM. Ask that those voting remember this. While the second bill is meant to separate those who would do ill to our economy from its control.

"I vote YES to all proposed bills."

Following the failure of the Poland Act to secure a sufficient majority, I must point out that the Kingdom of Poland is now without a legal settlement. As such, there currently exists no system of governance in Poland. There is no executive to lead the nation, and no parliament for them to account to. There is no judiciary to appeal to, no police force to provide law and order, and no army to uphold the sovereignty of the state. Even the office of King of Poland, and his viceregal lieutenant, is without proscribed powers or prerogatives. This is sure to result in constitutional chaos at the critical juncture of Polish restoration, which may even delay the deployment of the Polish legions to the Eastern Front. We cannot allow a border nation and a crucial cog in the German continental system to lapse into anarchy. As such, I petition the Reichstag to grant the Viceroy extraordinary powers in regards to Poland, in order to enact a constitution by decree and thus install a Polish political system.

Law to Settle the Affairs of the Polish People and Nation, 1918

The Reichstag has enacted the following law, which is hereby proclaimed with the assent of the Reichsrat, it having been established that the requirements for a constitutional amendment have been fulfilled:

Article I

In regards to the constitutional, political and legal affairs of the Kingdom of Poland, the Viceroy of the King of Poland and Governor-General of Warschau shall be empowered to enact legislation pertaining to the aforementioned affairs.

Article II

Laws enacted by the Viceroy cannot affect the institutions of the Reichstag and the Reichsrat.

Article III

Laws enacted by the Viceroy shall be issued by the Crown and announced to the Reichstag in the National Gazette. They shall take effect on the day following the announcement, unless they prescribe a different date.

Article IV

Treaties of the Kingdom of Poland with sovereign states shall require the review of the Reichstag and the Reichsrat before the Viceroyalty may undertake their implementation.​

Having thus restored government to the Kingdom of the Poland, I shall afterwards relinquish these powers.

- His Royal Highness, Prince August Wilhelm, Viceroy and Governor-General of Poland

I declare that the Economic Revitalisation Act and the National Bank Act have been passed.

I hereby ask the Vice-Chancellor to submit one more bill for voting, and bring the Polish Act of 1918 to vote once more.

I suggest that we commemorate the lives of those who died at the hands of the vile French by voting on the War Memorial's Act.

The War Memorials Act​

The German government shall preserve the mass graves created by the French during the war as an eternal reminder of the devastation of war and the horrors perpetrated by those in power in France. Similarly a new memorial will be built in Koblenz to commemorate our victory. The graves of those who fought and died for our nation will be similarly funded.

This project will be funded with 50,000,000 RM initially and 5,000,000 RM each year thereafter.

Vote yes on both bills.

Yes to both bills.

Yes to the memorials act; yes to the Poland act, if you mean the original, but no of you meant the Law to Settle the Affairs of the Polish People and Nation, 1918, which will give the Kaiser and his deputies unchecked powers over Poland.

I vote Yes to anything I haven't yet voted on.

I announce that we are voting on the War Memorials Act and the Revised Poland Act.

I vote YES to both.

Berlin Times
12 August 1918 - Gascists Win!

PARIS - The Gascists have proclaimed victory in the French Civil War, and have uncovered details that the German Communist Party has been directly aiding the French Communists with guns, and even manpower. Hermann Schmidt's signature, along with other personal items, have been found on the bodies of dead German Communists in France, and it is proven to have come from him. The Gascistic Government is demanding an apology from the German Empire, and demands that the German Communist Party be outlawed, and their members extradited to the French State for trials and, presumably, the execution squad. Besides that, relations between the German Empire and the French State remain neutral, warm even, as they are still reeling from the Civil War, and their loss in the Great War.

((Only Mama (Fry) knows))