• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote Yes to the Poland Act

I vote yes on the Poland Act, though I note that the 2/3 majority required in the senate will likely result in legislative deadlock.

OOC: Quorum was incorrectly applied there, as voted abstentions count for determining quorum, additionally quorum rules tend to require at least half of the voting population ie. at least 199 seats, there were only 195 seats present.

I would like to remind the chancellor and the other members of the Reichstag, that having the ssk report to the Reichstag would make such an institution inefficient as the mass of people having access to these informations makes secrecy a very hard thing. As well as giving several members of the Reichstag access to leadership will make them use it either against opposition parties or will use the threat of publishing information as manipulative effect.
While we, as members of the Reichstag are bound to the laws of politics and parties, the Kaiser is not tied and thus is the best to be, or to choose the formal head of the SSK

- Theodor Franz von Lauendorf

((Why is OPO shown as passed when the Kaiser didn't sign, I do believe they need signatures to pass))

I support the Poland Act

"I vote YES on the Poland Act."

The fact that the Kaiser opposes the OPO Act is yet one more reason why the Kaiser should be removed from influencing political affairs. If we are to have a democracy is is shameful that a man can oppose the will of the people simply because he was born into his position. Germany must become a republic and the Kaiser must relinquish his dictatorial control of the nation. We do not need a Kaiser who imposes his will on the German people. The people can rule themselves. Down with the Kaiser and yes to Germany.

Herr Heisenberg - German Democratic Party

And what good would being a republic do it would replace the Kaiser the symbol of German might and unity and who's loyalty is to Germany and its people with a leader who loyalty is only to coin and there political party, a republic would destroy the traditons of the German Reich forever.

And what good would being a republic do it would replace the Kaiser the symbol of German might and unity and who's loyalty is to Germany and its people with a leader who loyalty is only to coin and there political party, a republic would destroy the traditons of the German Reich forever.

So you mean you would rather have two consecutive embarrassments in a row whom we can do nothing about, then have someone who you could choose yourself, and dismiss yourself?

And how, exactly, is the Kaiser a symbol of German might and unity? If he is such a symbol, we must be a weak, pathetic, unraveling nation, because his various actions thus far indicate naught but how pathetic we are, constantly tripping over ourselves while fighting off Frenchmen and Russians.

((Why is OPO shown as passed when the Kaiser didn't sign, I do believe they need signatures to pass))

They are shown as passed because the Reichstag passed them, and you still need to sign them. If you veto it, I will add a "VETO" after it.

I also announce that the Poland Act currently is running at 201 For, 51 Against, and 144 Abstentions.

I also bring this to the floor of the Reichstag.

The German Electoral Reform Act of 1918

a. The districts of the German Empire that elect members of the Reichstag will be re-drawn by an independent commission.
b. Each district shall contain a population of about 145,000 citizens, spread across 501 districts.
c. This changes in the electorate shall be finalized before the next Election of the German Reichstag
d. The German Electoral Commission, separated from the German Government and free from political influence, shall maintain and re-draw these boundaries to account for shifting populations.

Last edited:
So you mean you would rather have two consecutive embarrassments in a row whom we can do nothing about, then have someone who you could choose yourself, and dismiss yourself?

And how, exactly, is the Kaiser a symbol of German might and unity? If he is such a symbol, we must be a weak, pathetic, unraveling nation, because his various actions thus far indicate naught but how pathetic we are, constantly tripping over ourselves while fighting off Frenchmen and Russians.

Why would I need to choose the Head of State? The German people vote for those who represent them in the Reichstag and then Kaiser will nearly all the time, choose the leader of the largest party to lead the nation as Reichkanzler. Do you think the French President still has the support of his people no he and his wicked nation have been shamed because they did not have a strong leader they were lead by corupt and selfish republican leadership who's only goal is to make money at the exspense of the people. However in our nation the Kaiser stops the polticians such as your self who want to change our government to where you and all republican filth can extract money from the people to fill your unrlenting greed. Also you need not look any farther then South America to see how "successful" republics are, constant military coups and dictatorship, and coruption on a massive scale. We, thank God, have the Kaiser to protect the freedoms that the German people enjoy and whom the people rally around in the times of crisis, republics can't do this as there will always be people who would rather lose a war then have the current president stay in power; is that what you wanted, for France to conquer us and turn our great Reich into a corupt and weak republic. If so you sir are no German but a tratior not worthy to represent the German people in this great Reichstag.

Why would I need to choose the Head of State? The German people vote for those who represent them in the Reichstag and then Kaiser will nearly all the time, choose the leader of the largest party to lead the nation as Reichkanzler.

Funny how you say that, since the Chancellor chosen during 1912 was the leader of one of the smaller-sized parties, not to mention his attempts during the war to select members of the smaller Zentrum and National Liberal parties as Chancellor.

Do you think the French President still has the support of his people no he and his wicked nation have been shamed because they did not have a strong leader they were lead by corupt and selfish republican leadership who's only goal is to make money at the exspense of the people.

Do you think the German Kaiser still has the support of his people? No, he and his wicked nation have very nearly been shamed because they did not have a strong leader, they were led by a corrupt and selfish monarch whose only goal was to amass more power for himself at the expense of the people.

However in our nation the Kaiser stops the polticians such as your self who want to change our government to where you and all republican filth can extract money from the people to fill your unrlenting greed.

Because obviously anyone who disagrees with you is a greedy politician who wants to profit off the people, right? Ignoring, of course, who are Chancellor is, and that he leads a pro-Imperial administration, of course.

Also you need not look any farther then South America to see how "successful" republics are, constant military coups and dictatorship, and coruption on a massive scale.

Funny that you say that, considering it was the MILITARY who implied a coup would be imminent, had Kaiser Wilhelm II carried out his intentions to select a member of the SPD to be Chancellor.
Let's also not forget, of course, the political corruption during the war that lead to Kaiser Wilhelm III's embarrassing actions, the corruption that arose from predominantly pro-imperial political parties.

We, thank God, have the Kaiser to protect the freedoms that the German people enjoy and whom the people rally around in the times of crisis, republics can't do this as there will always be people who would rather lose a war then have the current president stay in power; is that what you wanted, for France to conquer us and turn our great Reich into a corupt and weak republic. If so you sir are no German but a tratior not worthy to represent the German people in this great Reichstag.

Funny how I am the traitor, when it is you who supports the man who very nearly cost us the war and our sovereignty as a nation. Had Wilhelm III not had the overwhelming amount of power that he did, and had he not possessed the power to dissolve the Reichstag at his leisure, then we would not even be having this discussion right now.

For the German Electoral Reform Act of 1918, I propose that the redistricting for those districts West of the Rhine be postponed to the depopulation caused by the French and that it will take some time for the population to recover as people return to the region.

I also bring forward two more bills meant to cover the costs of reconstruction and lend to the better management of our national currency.

The Economic Revitalization Act

The Reichsmark will be competitively devalued by 3.5%. The treasury department will print 10,500,000,000 RM in response to this devaluation, this money will be used to help finance the reconstruction process. The purpose of this devaluation is to improve the competitiveness of German goods in the global market place.

The National Bank Act

The Treasury Ministry and Parliament shall be divested of their ability to control the monetary supply of the German nation. Instead this power will be transferred to Bundesbank. The Bundesbank will be independent of legislative and political oversight. It will be charged with maintaining a stable currency for the German people and responding to the changing economic necessities of the nation (ie price targeting ((inflation control for later)) and some growth targets).

I present the 1918-19 budget for the German Reich; this bill represents the transfer from the war back to peacetime; spending, while certainly not back at the prewar numbers, are slowly returning to more moderate levels. Military spending has made a truly dramatic drop, and is the surest sign of this government's commitment to peace and normalcy.

German Reich 1918-1919
Total Spending: 866,500,000 RM
Military: 450,000,000
Consumer Goods: 85,000,000 RM
Industrial Subsidies: 50,000,000 RM
Infrastructure: 35,000,000 RM
Welfare: 40,000,000 RM
Education: 75,000,000 RM
Government: 55,000,000 RM
Colonies: 16,000,000 RM
Other: 11,000,000 RM
Debt Interest: 50,000,000 RM

Total Income: 572,000,000 RM
Taxes: 517,000,000 RM
Tariffs: 55,000,000 RM
Total Balance: -294,500,000 RM
Treasury: -794,500,000 RM (started at -500M RM)

German Reich 1916-1917 Emergency Budget
Total Spending: 3,294,000,000 RM
Military: 1,167,500,000 RM
Consumer Goods: 320,000,000 RM
Industrial Subsidies: 260,000,000 RM
Infrastructure: 235,000,000 RM
Welfare: 240,000,000 RM
Education: 259,500,000 RM
Government: 250,000,000 RM
Colonies: 216,000,000 RM
Other: 210,000,000 RM
Victory Bond Interest: 10,000,000 RM
Debt Interest: 126,000,000 RM

Total Income: 352,000,000 RM
Taxes: 342,000,000 RM
Tariffs: 10,000,000 RM
Total Balance: -2,942,000,000 RM
Victory Bond Debt @ 5%: 200,000,000 RM
Treasury: -4,195,000,000 RM

I also declare my support for this most recent proposal, concerning economic reform.

In an effort to compromise and in goodwill, I put forward the SSK bill to the Reichstag floor, so you, the members can decide who leads it and mine and the Reichstag's influence.

Secondly, I sign both of the reconstruction acts but refuse to sign the OPO.

Lastly, I would like to consult all party leaders soon.

((Sent from phone))

((If there is still a net loss of money, how come the debt has decreased from 4.2 billion RM to 0.8 billion RM? I assume that it is due to reparations and such, but could this be explained more fully...

Also, it wouldn't be the Bundesbank, because Germany is still a monarchy, not a federation, so it would be the Reichsbank.))

I address the following two questions to the Vice-Chancellor:
-will the extra money being printed be used to pay off government debt, or will it be spent in addition to the reconstruction plans already proposed?
-who shall be part of the Reichsbank, and who would appoint them?

I support the Vice-Chancellor's suggestion to delay the redistricting of the Rheinland until the population has had time to recover, so as not to deprive this area of political representation.

I am pleased that the Kaiser is keen to engage will all political parties; is he willing to divulge to the house the nature of the conversation he hopes to have, so that other members of the Reichstag are not left in the dark?

Last edited: