• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tapscott

Field Marshal
78 Badges
Apr 25, 2011
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hello everyone. Ive been a fan of Paradox games for a few years now, and I have just recently stumbled across this particular game of theirs called 'Rome'. I love the Roman period in history, and am considering purchasing this game (plus expansion). However I cant help but wonder whether I would be better off waiting for Rome 2 to come out, that is if it is. Is there going to be a Rome 2 (or any hints that there may be) or should I just go ahead and buy Rome?

I just bought Rome Gold when it was on sale and haven't regret it so far.

Buy Rome gold with Vae Victis included. Its currently sold for 8.99€ at GamersGate and Steam. Thats practically "On Sale" for most Paradox games. :)

Remember to download the latest beta patch. It's actually quite stable and remove some annoying bugs.

For that price you get many hours days of entertainment.

Edit: Even if Rome 2 was revealed today it would take 6-12 months before it's actually released, so you will have plenty of time waiting. ;)

Last edited:
There have been hints that Rome 2 will be developed but there won't be any official announcements about future releases for another month or so.

I just bought Rome Gold when it was on sale and haven't regret it so far.

Buy Rome gold with Vae Victis included. Its currently sold for 8.99€ at GamersGate and Steam. Thats practically "On Sale" for most Paradox games. :)

Remember to download the latest beta patch. It's actually quite stable and remove some annoying bugs.

For that price you get many hours days of entertainment.

Edit: Even if Rome 2 was revealed today it would take 6-12 months before it's actually released, so you will have plenty of time waiting. ;)

Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like Ill buy Rome, and hope that Rome 2 will be announced and released some time after my purchase!

I'd say waiting for Rome 2 is just as good decision as waiting for EU4 so basically if you want to play any time soon (instead of waiting and waiting and waiting, because it may never come) buy the current game :p

And who knows if they release an expansion instead of the much talked 2nd game, it at least would be a lot more likely to happen.

as Wave, says, buy it in its own right. In gameplay terms it sits between EU and CK - ie there is a lot of characterisation but you are still playing the 'state' not a family. So you can lose a civil war and carry on, also like both those games, there are different challenges to be had all over the map

I'd say waiting for Rome 2 is just as good decision as waiting for EU4 so basically if you want to play any time soon (instead of waiting and waiting and waiting, because it may never come) buy the current game :p

And who knows if they release an expansion instead of the much talked 2nd game, it at least would be a lot more likely to happen.

as Wave, says, buy it in its own right. In gameplay terms it sits between EU and CK - ie there is a lot of characterisation but you are still playing the 'state' not a family. So you can lose a civil war and carry on, also like both those games, there are different challenges to be had all over the map

Thanks for the responses. I guess its decided then. If this game is a good mix between CK and EU then Im sold. Look out Steam, here I come!