+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deciding on Rome

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Deciding on Rome

Hello everyone. Ive been a fan of Paradox games for a few years now, and I have just recently stumbled across this particular game of theirs called 'Rome'. I love the Roman period in history, and am considering purchasing this game (plus expansion). However I cant help but wonder whether I would be better off waiting for Rome 2 to come out, that is if it is. Is there going to be a Rome 2 (or any hints that there may be) or should I just go ahead and buy Rome?
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Major
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There have been hints that Rome 2 will be developed but there won't be any official announcements about future releases for another month or so.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I just bought Rome Gold when it was on sale and haven't regret it so far.

Buy Rome gold with Vae Victis included. Its currently sold for 8.99€ at GamersGate and Steam. Thats practically "On Sale" for most Paradox games.

Remember to download the latest beta patch. It's actually quite stable and remove some annoying bugs.

For that price you get many hours days of entertainment.

Edit: Even if Rome 2 was revealed today it would take 6-12 months before it's actually released, so you will have plenty of time waiting.
    Last edited by Sn3ipen; 21-06-2012 at 17:47.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by FmrPFCBob View Post
    There have been hints that Rome 2 will be developed but there won't be any official announcements about future releases for another month or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn3ipen View Post
    I just bought Rome Gold when it was on sale and haven't regret it so far.

Buy Rome gold with Vae Victis included. Its currently sold for 8.99€ at GamersGate and Steam. Thats practically "On Sale" for most Paradox games.

Remember to download the latest beta patch. It's actually quite stable and remove some annoying bugs.

For that price you get many hours days of entertainment.

Edit: Even if Rome 2 was revealed today it would take 6-12 months before it's actually released, so you will have plenty of time waiting.
    Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like Ill buy Rome, and hope that Rome 2 will be announced and released some time after my purchase!

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club

I'd say waiting for Rome 2 is just as good decision as waiting for EU4 so basically if you want to play any time soon (instead of waiting and waiting and waiting, because it may never come) buy the current game

And who knows if they release an expansion instead of the much talked 2nd game, it at least would be a lot more likely to happen.
    My modding stuff:
    Wave's modding guide:
    a tutorial for adding countries to EU: Rome, works with EU3 too!
    Wave's modding guide #2: Understanding and creating events

Ongoing AARs:
    Letters from wAAR - An experimental Rome AAR with Epigoni Mod
    Winner of the Best character writer of the week award 1/6/12
    This is SPARTA! Can the world be dominated by squads of 300 men swinging spears and crying the name of their home country?

Legions of Rome! RISE and show them all our might!

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

as Wave, says, buy it in its own right. In gameplay terms it sits between EU and CK - ie there is a lot of characterisation but you are still playing the 'state' not a family. So you can lose a civil war and carry on, also like both those games, there are different challenges to be had all over the map

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    I'd say waiting for Rome 2 is just as good decision as waiting for EU4 so basically if you want to play any time soon (instead of waiting and waiting and waiting, because it may never come) buy the current game

And who knows if they release an expansion instead of the much talked 2nd game, it at least would be a lot more likely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    as Wave, says, buy it in its own right. In gameplay terms it sits between EU and CK - ie there is a lot of characterisation but you are still playing the 'state' not a family. So you can lose a civil war and carry on, also like both those games, there are different challenges to be had all over the map
    Thanks for the responses. I guess its decided then. If this game is a good mix between CK and EU then Im sold. Look out Steam, here I come!

My Inkwell

+ Reply to Thread