• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kalsir

Recruit
4 Badges
Feb 22, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Currently the ambitions for council positions can be exploited. If your heir wants a position on your council you can give this to him for increased stats which ofcourse is not a problem, but if you immediately remove him afterwards and wait for him to get another council ambition you can place him in the council again for another stat increase. You can continue doing this forever which gives your heir way too high stats. Just after I found out about this my newly bred genius heir easily got 40 stewardship and 25+ in the other stats while doing this for just a few years. Theoretically you can get heirs with stats over 100 if you keep doing it long enough. I know I shouldn't do this because it kinda ruins the game for me, but my perfectionist/micromanage side doesn't want to let an opportunity to make a better ruler slip.
Its mostly my own fault for not being able to stop myself from exploiting :p, but the exploit could easily be removed from the game by making the ambition available only once or alternatively by removing the stat boost from the reward.

You seem to take a lot of pride in sharing exploits.

If you really thought this was something that needed to be fixed, the proper place would be either Bug Reports or Tech Support. And probably not even there, because I've seen this report before, so it's not like Paradox isn't aware.

But congratulations on gaining an awesome character through an exploit. That's really super awesome.

If you really thought this was something that needed to be fixed, the proper place would be either Bug Reports or Tech Support. And probably not even there, because I've seen this report before, so it's not like Paradox isn't aware.

But congratulations on gaining an awesome character through an exploit. That's really super awesome.
Welp, that's one way to be a jerk.

Excuse me ma'am but i do believe you have an entire sandpit sticking out of your vagina.

OT: though not a gamebreaking bug this should get fixed seeing as how sometimes you do change council members back and forth because of random events such as death/intrigues/marriages etc.

Not really an issue, since stat bonuses are capped. So a lvl. 100 stewardship and a lvl. 12 stewardship work roughly the same. And your kids are maxed out at 10, so having a 100 stewardship son knocking up a 10 stewarship girl, won't give your grandchildren more than 10 stewardship, even if you'd like the stats to be 55. :D And doing this over and over again, means he has a very negative opinion of you, for being fired from council -20 for each negative hit. Wait until he assassinates dad and gains the Kinslayer trait and then try to rule your Kingdom and tell me how much of an exploit it really is, when you get excommunicated and your vassals want to kill the new 100 stewardship King.

Not really an issue, since stat bonuses are capped. So a lvl. 100 stewardship and a lvl. 12 stewardship work roughly the same.

? There are a couple things that are capped, like a lot of the council jobs and tactics choices, but by and large I don't think anything that's actually important for rulers is capped. Opinion bonuses from diplomacy? Not capped. Demesne limit bonuses from stewardship? Not capped. Tech bonuses from martial/stewardship/diplomacy/learning? Not capped.

And your kids are maxed out at 10, so having a 100 stewardship son knocking up a 10 stewarship girl, won't give your grandchildren more than 10 stewardship, even if you'd like the stats to be 55. :D

Pretty sure I've had plenty of kids with stats above 10, unless maybe you mean the base stat unmodified by traits.

Opinon bonuses are based on traits more than on stats. Personal diplomacy is capped. You might get +5 for being kind +10 for being Charitable, but those are trait bonuses not actual skill bonuses.

Open up one of your saves and give your king 20 points more in stewardship and then tell me if your yearly income went up? :D

As for the 10s, yep, that's base stats. So if you give your son a good stewardship education +1, he might come out with 11 in Stewardship at 16 years old, but he won't ever come out more than one or two points above the max 10.

Opinon bonuses are based on traits more than on stats. Personal diplomacy is capped. You might get +5 for being kind +10 for being Charitable, but those are trait bonuses not actual skill bonuses.

While it's true that traits are a major factor in diplomacy, you also get a bonus to opinions that is equal to your state diplomacy/2. This value is not capped. In the case where you exploit it to insane levels it will be enormous.

Here as a screen shot of my relations with a character at a diplomacy of 23:

0ez0x.jpg

Same, but edited save to make it 53:

D25gi.jpg

Note the state diplomacy bonus increases by 15.

Open up one of your saves and give your king 20 points more in stewardship and then tell me if your yearly income went up? :D

No, but I never said it would. I did say though that demesne limit increases are not capped, and they aren't.

Demesne limit at 20 stewardship:

H1DZH.jpg

And at 50:

ldHCm.jpg

So, going to have to disagree with statement that "a lvl. 100 stewardship and a lvl. 12 stewardship work roughly the same".

I also said tech bonuses were not capped, and they're not, as we can see from these screenshots.

At 19 learning:

HSE4H.jpg

And 49:

aaSdg.jpg

So lots of stuff is not capped.