• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NiL_FisK|Urd

First Lieutenant
24 Badges
Mar 21, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
How do i get the Japanese to invade Indonesia?
I used "JAP_Pacific_War_Phase3.ai" as a base. The provinces got an invasion priority of 3250, i used the "target" ai command to give the provinces an extra priority. I noticed that the staging provinces (Manila, Truk and Saigon) do not have troops stationed in them, but when i set the garrison command for them, the troops just sit in their staging provinces and do nothing. There are ~ 40 Transports waiting in front of Saigon, also doing nothing. If i use "fullcontrol" and load them manually, they just unload the troops in Saigon.

I write custom events that place Japanese divisions in Indonesia at certain dates. These are AI = YES events so they don't affect a human Japanese player.

Well, ai cheating would be my last resort - the ai is able to invade the phillipines, so it should be able to invade indonesia ..

AI cheating WAS my last resort!

I don't call it cheating for the AI to do it. The game is full of AI cheats. So what!?

I give the AI +20% IC, resources, and manpower across the board to start. I give Japan a whole lot more when I play as US. I restrict US garrisons in the Pacific. I have a Pearl Harbour event that does 50%-95% damage to 8 US battleships. Is is only right to do so.

It is only handicapping the game as it needs to be done.

I also give human USA a -20% org hit for all naval and ground units that is cut in half after one year and eliminated by Jan 1944 and -10% combat that is reduced to -5% after one year and eliminated by 1944. I give Japan a +80% naval org and +40% ground org that is cut in half after 1 year and eliminated by 1944. It is just and right!

Last edited: