+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japan invasions

Japan invasions

How do i get the Japanese to invade Indonesia?
    I used "JAP_Pacific_War_Phase3.ai" as a base. The provinces got an invasion priority of 3250, i used the "target" ai command to give the provinces an extra priority. I noticed that the staging provinces (Manila, Truk and Saigon) do not have troops stationed in them, but when i set the garrison command for them, the troops just sit in their staging provinces and do nothing. There are ~ 40 Transports waiting in front of Saigon, also doing nothing. If i use "fullcontrol" and load them manually, they just unload the troops in Saigon.

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

I write custom events that place Japanese divisions in Indonesia at certain dates. These are AI = YES events so they don't affect a human Japanese player.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
    "It is dangerous to be right when your government is wrong"
    -- Voltaire

Well, ai cheating would be my last resort - the ai is able to invade the phillipines, so it should be able to invade indonesia ..

Field Marshal
    Arsenal of Democracy

Usually it does invade indonesia.

yeah, i found the bug - max_distance was set too low.

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by NiL_FisK|Urd View Post
    Well, ai cheating would be my last resort - the ai is able to invade the phillipines, so it should be able to invade indonesia ..
    AI cheating WAS my last resort!

I don't call it cheating for the AI to do it. The game is full of AI cheats. So what!?

I give the AI +20% IC, resources, and manpower across the board to start. I give Japan a whole lot more when I play as US. I restrict US garrisons in the Pacific. I have a Pearl Harbour event that does 50%-95% damage to 8 US battleships. Is is only right to do so.

It is only handicapping the game as it needs to be done.

I also give human USA a -20% org hit for all naval and ground units that is cut in half after one year and eliminated by Jan 1944 and -10% combat that is reduced to -5% after one year and eliminated by 1944. I give Japan a +80% naval org and +40% ground org that is cut in half after 1 year and eliminated by 1944. It is just and right!
    Last edited by froglegs; 21-06-2012 at 22:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
    "It is dangerous to be right when your government is wrong"
    -- Voltaire

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

I write custom events that place Japanese divisions in Indonesia at certain dates. These are AI = YES events so they don't affect a human Japanese player.
    I have a Pearl Harbour event that does 50%-95% damage to 8 US battleships. Is is only right to do so.
    Thanks Frogslegs, you give me food for thought!

+ Reply to Thread