• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Overlord123

Colonel
105 Badges
Aug 14, 2007
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
After a war the AI never moves some of their troops out of the enemy's territory preventing them from declaring war again, I noticed this with Italy in Austria and China in Heavenly Kingdom. If I tag-switch to them and move their troops out, they will immediately declare war after I have switched back.
The AI should either move all their troops back, disband them or ignore that rule, because I nearly consider this a game breaker.

(Maybe this should be in bug reports?)

IIRC, tag switching breaks the military AI of the country you switch to. If you save the game, resign, then go back and load up your save again then it reboots the military AI and the troops should be ordered out.

They stay before I tag-switch, and if I switch I always reload too. So that should not be the problem.

If that's the case, you'd definitely want to put it in a bug report-- but be very clear as to what's happened. Screenshots help, descriptions of the conditions which led up to the AI doing this, as well as clarifications that you haven't been tag-switching or using any other kinds of cheats/mods.

Yep, I have noticed it as well. I had to tag-switch in order to get the last bavarian troops out of Austria, and the ukranian army out of Russia. I don't know if it is relevant, but both nations were my puppets.

This is all well and good, but it won't do much without a proper bug report-- and some details on the conditions that might have led to it. The assumption will be that tag-switching is responsible, after all (as that's known to cause this behavior).