+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI never moves troops out of enemy territory after war

AI never moves troops out of enemy territory after war

After a war the AI never moves some of their troops out of the enemy's territory preventing them from declaring war again, I noticed this with Italy in Austria and China in Heavenly Kingdom. If I tag-switch to them and move their troops out, they will immediately declare war after I have switched back.
    The AI should either move all their troops back, disband them or ignore that rule, because I nearly consider this a game breaker.

(Maybe this should be in bug reports?)

Happens all the time. Posting it in the bug forum might get it solved if another patch ever comes out...

IIRC, tag switching breaks the military AI of the country you switch to. If you save the game, resign, then go back and load up your save again then it reboots the military AI and the troops should be ordered out.

They stay before I tag-switch, and if I switch I always reload too. So that should not be the problem.

I get it even when I'm not tag switching.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord123 View Post
    They stay before I tag-switch, and if I switch I always reload too. So that should not be the problem.
    If that's the case, you'd definitely want to put it in a bug report-- but be very clear as to what's happened. Screenshots help, descriptions of the conditions which led up to the AI doing this, as well as clarifications that you haven't been tag-switching or using any other kinds of cheats/mods.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It happens to me too, without tag-switching.

I've had this happen as well.

Yep, I have noticed it as well. I had to tag-switch in order to get the last bavarian troops out of Austria, and the ukranian army out of Russia. I don't know if it is relevant, but both nations were my puppets.
    "I have no fear, i have no hope, i am free" inscription on a greek writer's tombstone.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

This is all well and good, but it won't do much without a proper bug report-- and some details on the conditions that might have led to it. The assumption will be that tag-switching is responsible, after all (as that's known to cause this behavior).

what does tag switch mean?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It's a cheat which gives you the control of another country.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrt View Post
    It's a cheat which gives you the control of another country.
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread