• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 16, 2012
Hi guys of TurboTape, is there any news on how far you are wíth solving that freezing issue? I hope you´re still working on it and don´t lean back and let us users that are suffering with the bug hang in the air... Some kind of short info would be really much appreciated.

Upvote 0
@MeAnMe:

If you want to give it another try, play the mission without launching any air-to-air refueling planes. I think the bug lurks somewhere in the refueling routine due to my tests regarding the freezes I experienced. It could also help to pinpoint the problem in general if you - or anybody else - does not get any more freezes when deliberately not using air-to-air refueling.

I can replicate this bug with 4 Kirovs, 12 Nimitz class ACs (just easier to test) and 72 F35s launching ASMs at Kirovs - every time. Or without Kirovs, just ordering planes to patrol. Every single time.

My units freeze up on even the smaller scenarios. I can replicate it every time I play the game :sad:

so why this bug hasn't been fixed yet is beyond me.

It seems quite clear to me. The devs have abandoned support for the title. When was the last time JanH even bothered to respond here? A month ago? Even when he did, it was always with a sneering tone implying any freezing issues were exceedingly rare and pretty much our fault.

I figure they'll churn out their DLC, grab the cash and that'll be all she wrote for this turkey.

Some bugs are exceedingly more difficult to fix than others, especially if the devs have no reliable way to reproduce them. Let's not be harsh, and let the devs do their work.

Note, I have no inside information whatsoever, I am just a volunteer mod here.

Some bugs are exceedingly more difficult to fix than others, especially if the devs have no reliable way to reproduce them.
I agree, and that's exactly the point: there is a reliable way to reproduce this bug. And if there isn't we still have to hear that.
Even with reproducibility some bugs can still be difficult, but it's starting to take way too long

Let's not be harsh, and let the devs do their work.
Are they?
Sorry mate, but it seems that everyone disappeared.

Those who purchased the game on sale for $5 definitely got their money's worth.

I was a strong supporter early on, but the latest patch had units freezing on me. And I must have the most vanilla (and trouble free) rig in the world.

They did come through on the editor, though. And those who can run without problems have a nice game on their hands.

@MeAnMe:

If you want to give it another try, play the mission without launching any air-to-air refueling planes. I think the bug lurks somewhere in the refueling routine due to my tests regarding the freezes I experienced. It could also help to pinpoint the problem in general if you - or anybody else - does not get any more freezes when deliberately not using air-to-air refueling.

Cheers Abirner..
Might give that a try see if I can finish it without refuels.. once I can force myself to play the same mission for the hundreth time that is :)

Shame they seem to have run out of cash or something, maybe one day they can release the source and the community can fix the bugs and turn it into the game it could be (dreaming I know).

-edit "Sorry, not meaning to imply there that i actually know anything that is going on.. just guessing they must have run out of cash or similar for no actions to be taken for this long, could be for a completely different reason for all I know."

Last edited:
well .. now I'm free to say it's a big shame for this company to leave forum and not to fix the biggest bug. The bug was known from the first days after release and we have 0 result. Let's tag the main words for turbo games for google - turbo games - not good company, do not buy games from them :)))

Thanks for your work and help looking into the issue, abirner. That's actually far more useful to a dev than "the game freezes sometimes"! :)

Note, I have no inside information, and I do not work on this title. I am just a volunteer mod here.

Hello again!

From what I understand the game does not contain any caps on the amount of units you can launch at once which means that anyone can make the game freeze/crash by adding infinite amounts of carriers launching their aircrafts all at once (depending on your computer when it will freeze up). Did anyone manage to find a way of reproducing the issue under "normal" circumstances that works every time?

unfortunately what is needed is a description step by step. Not so easy in my case. Without that the problem cannot be considered reproducible

Bjorn, I can understand that a game can freeze if you just overload it, but in that case the CPU load wouldn't go to 0, as it has been reported. It rather looks like a deadlock somewhere to me.
As a side note, freezing with an excessive load is okay, crashing not so much

I can reproduce the freeze bug every time. I just load the game and try to play ANY mission. guarunteed 3 minutes or so and everything freezes in place, yet I lose units to lack of fuel and enemy action, I have even had the luck to destroy an enemy unit or two, yet nothing moves. The only thing I can see is units that are destroyed dissapear from the map.

It doesnt matter what units I have launched or not launched, nor whether I have or have not fired a missile at an enemy unit. Time compression works, but when I reset the compression rate back to 1:1, the time usually kicks back to the time of the original freeze.

Enough people have spent a lot of time describing the crashes in minute detail to the devs in previous threads, not just overloading the game with a gazillion units with missile launches, which I believe to be just a forced way to crash the game, and not a true representation of the bug/s that plague/s this game.

And I know there are more than one bug, the air refueling plane bug is one, and the bug I get which is another, sad to say I have not ever experienced the air refueling bug once, as my game has never progressed far enough for it to happen....

I know I have promised someone who I wont name that I would walk away from the game in return for some truthful information, but I am sorry I don't think that I can do that. This game has so much potential to be a really fun game, and I am really pissed that I have spent hard cash on the game at FULL price, I might add, not a cheap sale price, and that I have brought a bugged product, it defies the natural process of Quality Assurance that ANY honest company on this planet would use to ensure a good product, That aside I know programming to be a much different animal to your standard run of the mill product that is released by your average business, but in the real world you would be crucified by the consumers for doing it. THAT is starting to happen here.

What I want are some hard figures. how many copies of the game have been sold vs the number of people who are experiencing this bug (percentage of those affected by the bug), The different types of bugs that have been reported,
and what are the common denominators to those that have the bug/s (this requires a compilation of the bug reports to see if there ARE actually common denominators to help tick off the possible causes of the bug)

This is all standard Quality Assurance Techniques, if the community had this kind of information then you have a dozen free bloodhounds that go forth armed with this information to reproduce the bugs under different situations to narrow things down further, obviously this leads to false reports from excited individuals who can overload the game with a gazillion units and missiles and the like but there are the dedicated few who want to see this game succeed, who have Alpha and Beta Gaming experience (like myself), who can actually help to fix the issue. I see a negative few whining, and TBH that is normal, but I also see a dedicated few that want to see the game succeed because of the potential awesomess of the game. I am one of them, I am even willing to pay again for the game to see it succeed, I would enjoy the replayability of it that much, even more so with the scenario creator... That I believe that it is worth the capital investment... If I ever got the ability to play it completely in the first place.... :/

Just my personal opinion, but yeah....

~boydy

Exactly my experience. I would feel a lot better if I were in the minority with the freeze bug. But fact is (to my embarrassment), I have 150 Steam games that work fine. Then there's almost every Matrix game, Paradox....

But when I upgrade from XP SP3 Quad 3gig to a new system in a few months, you can bet I will try this game again.