• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(174159)

Still Alive
2 Badges
Oct 18, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
Got a question that doesn't quite fit into Events or AI fixes? Need help figuring out how to resolve a sticky problem? Then this is the place!

This is the thread where you go 'Why isn't my flag showing correctly?' - 'How do I make it so I can liberate puppets' - 'The new revolter I made causes the game to crash' and so on. So post your queries here and perhaps you'll get some answers.

I'll even start work on organising the damn things with question and answer links if you ask nicely ;)

'The fundamental problem with program maintenance is that fixing a defect has a substantial chance of introducing another.'
-Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.

What range is the User Defined Nations? I tried UAA but nothing happened. I know it's U00-U99 yet does it include letter as well?

What range is the User Defined Nations? I tried UAA but nothing happened. I know it's U00-U99 yet does it include letter as well?
Just U00-U99; no letters allowed.

Avaliable slots in DH Full:
- U00
- U36
- U37
- U38
- U61
- U62
- U63
- U64
- U65
- U68
- U69
:)

Just U00-U99; no letters allowed.

At this point. I have prodded AC about looking into opening this up.

How do I edit Tech Teams?

As in a step by step approach with an example would be nice. I've tried before and time and again nothing happens. I've saved the file and gone back in to make sure the change is there but alas I can't get it to work.

Would help if you have a specific thing to do - are you trying to add a TT, change a picture on a TT or otherwise modify existing ones etcetcetc?

To simple edit.

1. open the tech teams file of a country. = teams_hun.csv (I opened it with a text editor)
2. go to the tech team you want to tweak. = 105001;Budapest Chemical Works;T1600;5;1900;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;medicine;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3. add between the first ";;" the speciality you want to. = 105001;Budapest Chemical Works;T1600;5;1900;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;medicine;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
4. done.

To add a brand new TT.
1. open the tech teams file of a country. = teams_hun.csv (I opened it with a text editor)
2. find out the last used TT id. = 105017;Tungsram(...)
3. add a new TT under the last line. (actually, I just copied the last line and changed the ID and name) = 105018;New TT Here;T1603;5;1896;1970;electronics;management;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
4. tweak it at will. = 105018;New TT Here;techpicture;9;1896;1970;seamanship;aeronautics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
5. done.

ps.: I know that it may be not so easy to add a TT after all... I had to try it several times untill make a new TT work when I first added one customized TT by myself. IIRC it was a problem of too many (or too less) ";"

To simple edit.

2. go to the tech team you want to tweak. = 105001;Budapest Chemical Works;T1600;5;1900;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;medicine;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3. add between the first ";;" the speciality you want to. = 105001;Budapest Chemical Works;T1600;5;1900;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;medicine;small_unit_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
4. done.

To add a brand new TT.
2. find out the last used TT id. = 105017;Tungsram(...)
3. add a new TT under the last line. (actually, I just copied the last line and changed the ID and name) = 105018;New TT Here;T1603;5;1896;1970;electronics;management;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
4. tweak it at will. = 105018;New TT Here;techpicture;9;1896;1970;seamanship;aeronautics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
5. done.

ps.: I know that it may be not so easy to add a TT after all... I had to try it several times untill make a new TT work when I first added one customized TT by myself. IIRC it was a problem of too many (or too less) ";"

ProTips
  1. always copy the TT above. if there's not one above, go get one from another file.
  2. wiki is your friend. Between THIS, the above and the modding documentation you should be laughing
  3. Yellow sucks, don't use it.
  4. Code tags are your friends!

Yay, It's me again! :p

Say, how does one alter the ideological categories (eg. Left-Wing Radical)?

I can't seem to find the file...
You mean in the scenario files?

The ideological stat is a combination of various policy sliders, inside the ".inc" files.

Code:
     democratic        = 4 
     political_left    = 9
will do it.

As useful as that is Arcanjo how do I change the skill of a tech team? I've tried changing the number from 3 to 7 but no change.

And that is a very good guide for what I need so thank you.

The skill of a team is the number right after the picture name.
==> 105001;Budapest Chemical Works;T1600;5;
"5" is the skill.

And yes, (good pointed Razorbird!!) unless you edit the TT in the savegame file, you've to start a new one to the changes make effect.

ps.: And I like using yellow to point out what people shall pay attention, 'cause it's a color that makes a good contrast from the background :p

You mean in the scenario files?

The ideological stat is a combination of various policy sliders, inside the ".inc" files.

Code:
     democratic        = 4 
     political_left    = 9
will do it.

No, I want to edit the actual names of a couple of ideologies.

Kaiserreich managed to do it, so there must be some way...