• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WankoStankins

General
36 Badges
Jan 25, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
I'd like to play my first game as france. I already started and it's 1853 already and I'm doing pretty good. I have all the 3 major italian countries, switzerland, portugal and egypt in my sphere of influence, and temporarily morrocco so spain doesn't take them while I am researching for the good casus belli.

Can anyone give me some tips? I've been using the protectionist republicain party so I could subsidize and invest in factories and it's going well, in the beginning of the game I also encouraged b-crats to get 100 percent admin efficiency anywhere, was that a good idea?

For awhile I was encouraging craftsmen and clerks in areas with open positions in factories, but now I'm encourage capitalists in all the dense population regions after I realized I have so few, is that good?

How do I get morrocco out of my sphere once I research nationalism and imperialism so I can do the protectorate casus belli and annex them?

Ty in advance for answers!

ALSO! My BIGGEST question is, how do I get Napoleon III to take over France? I unfortunately was rather nice to my people, giving them what most of them wanted, included Universal voting rights. Oops. What should I have done, or can I still do, to make Napoleon take over and make this thing a democracy/empire, not sure yet. Also, how can I help Italy to form so that Sardinia will give me my Savoi provinces. TY!

There is no events that reflect Napoleon III in game, there are a few, rather meaningless, flavour events but thats about it.

To become a democracy you need to provoke a Jacobin(Liberal) revolt and let them hold Paris for a year, you'll break and become a Democracy. How to provoke them now thats a matter of annoying them to the point they do revolt. Lose a war against Prussia over Alsace-Lorraine should help with that.

Losing a war isn't going to happen, I made my army strong and Prussia is weak after being curb stomped by a coalition of scandinavia and austria, and then me. What else besides losing a war can I do to provoke a Jacobin revolt? Is there an advantage to being a democracy over HM's gov?

HMS and Democracy are essentially the same, both can be entirely democratic(full reforms) the only two differences in vanilla are:
Pops living in a Democracy are less likely to emigrate, you're more likely to attract some immigration.
Democracy doesn't let you pick your own political party.

As for triggering a rebellion.. I've never tried but;
don't pass reforms, that will lead to movements(AHD), which lead to revolts(Vanilla too)
Declaring on Prussia and LETTING them occupy part of eastern France will give you War Exhaustion which helps with provoking revolts.
Declaring without a CB and failing to enforce your demands will help with militancy.
The Springtime of Nations/Liberal Agitation help too.

Other than that... you're best off asking someone with more experience than me.

Last edited:
Losing a war isn't going to happen, I made my army strong and Prussia is weak after being curb stomped by a coalition of scandinavia and austria, and then me. What else besides losing a war can I do to provoke a Jacobin revolt? Is there an advantage to being a democracy over HM's gov?

You don't have to actually try to win...

You should lose some wars early (because when you don't complete a wargoal, the prestige you lose scales up, so it's a better idea to go for it while your prestige is low)to get militancy and pass reforms. But if you want to, you can get just trade unions and wait it out. Sooner or later, your upper house will be forced to pass social reforms.

I just tried the jacobin rebels thing, took me 7 years to incite a rebellion doing as many infuriating things as possible and taxing everyone. Tons of people emmigrated, and when the rebellion finally came all my army joined in. When they took over all my provinces, they disbanded. By army... so then I had to wait a year while my entire population had no jobs, and there was like 12k people leaving every month. When finally I got democracy, it broke all my influence and alliances. It was only 20 prestige tho I think. Not worth it!!!!!!!!!

I just tried the jacobin rebels thing, took me 7 years to incite a rebellion doing as many infuriating things as possible and taxing everyone. Tons of people emmigrated, and when the rebellion finally came all my army joined in. When they took over all my provinces, they disbanded. By army... so then I had to wait a year while my entire population had no jobs, and there was like 12k people leaving every month. When finally I got democracy, it broke all my influence and alliances. It was only 20 prestige tho I think. Not worth it!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to be a Democracy, use the following code in the console "Event 60050" it'll make you a democracy - cheaty yes but it'll let you make the transition you want.