• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Paradox Development Studio have grown, morphed and changed quite alot through its history, but the core still remains. There will be a history here eventually.

We are now a development studio fully owned by Paradox Interactive, with +30 people on staff, working on 4 games in parallel.

- We have a team of 3 artists led by Aerie, who makes all the art for our titles.
- Besuchov leads one project team of 4 people.
- Doomdark leads one project team of 3 people.
- Birken leads one project team of 3 people.
- Podcat leads one project team of 3 people.
- QA is two people, with Forzaa as QA manager.

- Main staff of me as Studio Manager, Tegus as Engine Programmer, Kallocain as producer, and Regina as PR.

God, we've grown a bit since we were 7 people doing EU3...

Here we at Paradox Development Studio are at Metacritic:
http://www.metacritic.com/company/p...ons=games&num_items=30&sort_options=metascore

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox Development Studio have grown, morphed and changed quite alot through its history, but the core still remains. There will be a history here eventually.

We are now a development studio fully owned by Paradox Interactive, with 23 people on staff, working on 4 games in parallell.

- We have a team of 3 artists led by Aerie, who makes all the art for our titles.
- Besuchov leads one project team of 4 people.
- Doomdark leads one project team of 3 people.
- Birken leads one project team of 3 people.
- Podcat leads one project team of 3 people.
- QA is two people, with Forzaa as QA manager.

- Main staff of me as Studio Manager, King as Game Designer, Tegus as Engine Programmer, Kallocain as producer, and Regina as PR.

Cheers - you've all done very well:)

(how many on board in the EUII days?)

If I wasn't impressed before, this seals it. I would never have guessed that seven people would be responsible for what is now one of my favorite games, or that I would discover it through 4chan's /int/ board.

Keep up the great work.

This may be an oversight on Johan's part, but you failed to mention the most critical staff role - who is responsible for maintaining coffee supplies?

Ah, new subforum, only for PDS games? This will be much more comfortable:) Congratulations on this progress (from humble buyer of your games)! And I hope that soon you will be saying “remember when we had only 23 on our staff? God, we have grown since then!” :)

Wow, I had no idea you did EU3 (initially) with only seven people. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by that fact or by how much you've grown.

We had...

Me as Producer & Project Leader.
Besuchov, aberg & gulgi as programmers.
Marcus & Dick as 2d and 3d artists.
chiwiss doing the scripting/databases.

and during the project, King was hired to do QA.

I really like the new forum layout with the "other games" separated from what I consider "true Paradox games". Not to mention that once Rome was moved to classic games there was a month-long earthshake in the forum, we'll see what happens now when the title again is among the other great games :D

One question thou as I don't know very much of your history, was the Paradox Interactive originally this development team which grew or was there Paradox Interactive as is and you we're a part of it and later the development studio became it's own thing inside it? Did that actually make any sense..?

Not to mention that once Rome was moved to classic games there was a month-long earthshake in the forum, we'll see what happens now when the title again is among the other great games :D

I only hope that Rome won't be moved to "previous games from PDS" subforum any time soon :rolleyes:

One question thou as I don't know very much of your history, was the Paradox Interactive originally this development team which grew or was there Paradox Interactive as is and you we're a part of it and later the development studio became it's own thing inside it? Did that actually make any sense..?

What is today PI grew out of this team as we needed to sell our games on our own, as our former publisher refused to pay us for HoI1 and Victoria1.