• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is today PI grew out of this team as we needed to sell our games on our own, as our former publisher refused to pay us for HoI1 and Victoria1.

Bet they are regretting that dumb move.

How many of those 4 games are already released? It seems that NC2 is now shifting to PDS, and CK2 is still getting support. That leaves two slots, perhaps one going to V2?

There is also a HOI3 expansion.

Amazing :) Still remember when I first stumbled across EU2 and Crusader kings I.. Kept me entertained in an otherwise sad period of my life..

Still occasionally play both of them when I feel bad :p

What is today PI grew out of this team as we needed to sell our games on our own, as our former publisher refused to pay us for HoI1 and Victoria1.

Lol, i didnt know this piece of history. But i remember old EU1 times with Doomdark making mods, hehehe. That were good old times. Congrats on growing to a sizable company Johan.

I think this means artfox was promoted, as being with the publisher he no longer is a minion of whoever is in charge of the particular project. Basically, he's this:

Doctore-whip-thumbnail.JPG

And you should be happy about that, not confused, QA is a top issue for players all over (with most games being broken beyond repair at release), and one of trademarks of Paradox these days is not releasing broken games like everyone else does.

You think it's confusing now... :)

When Paradox first created Paradox, there was some overlap on duties. I was never sure for awhile what Johan's job really was or who was tied to what project. I think it was over a year before I finally figured out that the two were separate entities and not just two different names for the same thing.

Could sell it to SEGA, they seem to be handling Football Manager's SI Games very well... And there's no other game of a different genre so similar in its spirit to Paradox titles as FM is.

So...when will Paradox sell PDS to EA:D?

Serious question though, are the owners of Paradox Interactive and PDS the same?

PDS is owned by Paradox Interactive 100%, and PI is owned by Fred, me, Susana & a few more people.

(We are still not sure. He is EVERYWHERE!)

I DO THE FUN STUFF ONLY!! and lots of boring admin shit.

Could sell it to SEGA, they seem to be handling Football Manager's SI Games very well... And there's no other game of a different genre so similar in its spirit to Paradox titles as FM is.

I love FM.. Have played it since the early 90's back on the Amiga.. Now playing the iPad version while going commuting to work, Colchester just got promoted to the Championship, and my young team should be able to compete in the top within a year or two.