• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have noticed a severe lack of monocle and top hat pictures of you, you capitalist exploiter of the programing-proletariat:D

There is a whole wall of them at the office, and some have been posted on line. ;)
Although I think they could be more classified as mugshots, but they fit your bill.

I have noticed a severe lack of monocle and top hat pictures of you, you capitalist exploiter of the programing-proletariat:D

Well.. its more that we are the workers that seized control!

As Castellon said, we have a wall at the office with pictures like these:

mugshot.jpg

When there was described the confusion between PI and PDS, could anyone explain me the confusion of Gamersgate and "Paradox webshop"?

As I know, some times before Paradox founded Gamersgate, but than unleashed it. But why than make another webshop?

When there was described the confusion between PI and PDS, could anyone explain me the confusion of Gamersgate and "Paradox webshop"?

As I know, some times before Paradox founded Gamersgate, but than unleashed it. But why than make another webshop?

the webshop was just to sell cd's directly, but I'm not sure PI still does it, as there was not much interest in it .

Last edited by a moderator:
I love FM.. Have played it since the early 90's back on the Amiga.. Now playing the iPad version while going commuting to work, Colchester just got promoted to the Championship, and my young team should be able to compete in the top within a year or two.

One of these days let's look at the Backroom Advice system from the new FMs and think how we could have a similar idea implemented to ease the learning curve in Paradox games. Those darned puppet ministers in HoI3 for example, if my assistant manager in FM can tell me "this guy shouldn't be taking free kicks" or "let's scout this kid, he seems promising and we need a winger", why can't one of ministers in Hoi3 pop an event telling me to replace a commander of one divisions with someone else whom he likes more, or start researching something his traits and experience make him think is useful.

Similarly, imagine cabinet meetings in the falling Third Reich with ministers trying to rip the remainder of the resources from each other's hands, rivalries between the air force and the navy for the new orders of equipment... Seasoned players could always ignore the tips, but for a newbie stuff like "let's build a carrier because Japan has just ordered one" would certainly be of great help and would add to the experience. We'd enliven the ministers quite a bit.

Kallocain what game are you currently Producing?

I'm a producer on all our internal titles. Announced or not. ;)

I should have known you wouldn't spill the beans on any new releases. :D

Well.. its more that we are the workers that seized control!

I approve of this reply!

Paradox Development Studio have grown, morphed and changed quite alot through its history, but the core still remains. There will be a history here eventually.

We are now a development studio fully owned by Paradox Interactive, with 23 people on staff, working on 4 games in parallell.
[...]
God, we've grown a bit since we were 7 people doing EU3...

How much do you think you'll grow in the next, say five years (five-year plans are always nice)? Or to put it differently, are you about the size you want to be or is further growth an important goal? Considering that Grand Strategy might be a small-ish (though I think expanding) niche in the gaming market.

Two questions.

1) Can anyone from PI/PDS confirm or deny the allegations that they have a plot to take over the world and install good games, good furniture and good food in every home in every country on every planet, and in the process become Swedish God-King-Presidents and turn Denmark into a summer-vacation spot?
I want to know because I want to be able to plan accordingly ...

2) When did Johan stop being wizard? (I also asked that question here, but I couldn't see that it had gotten an answer).

Edit: Eh, yeah okay, this should've been posted in the "Ask PDS (nearly) everything thread instead. Apparently, I'm an idiot.

Just thank you for sharing all the infos in one place. :)
Nice and interesting company history!

Cheers,
Chromos