+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Development Studio - Overview

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    What is today PI grew out of this team as we needed to sell our games on our own, as our former publisher refused to pay us for HoI1 and Victoria1.
    Bet they are regretting that dumb move.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phystarstk View Post
    How many of those 4 games are already released? It seems that NC2 is now shifting to PDS, and CK2 is still getting support. That leaves two slots, perhaps one going to V2?
    There is also a HOI3 expansion.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    Bet they are regretting that dumb move.
    Perhaps, but the question is whether Paradox developed games would have grown so successful, while taking such risks at times, without Paradox taking publishing in its own hands.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What is today PI grew out of this team as we needed to sell our games on our own, as our former publisher refused to pay us for HoI1 and Victoria1.
    Yay, Strategy First! Are they still around? PI has filled something of the same niche, sweet sweet revenge?
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

They are.

And I'm glad Strategy First is not longer working with Paradox. I prefer Paradox Interactive/Development Studio's DRM to Strategy First's.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Amazing Still remember when I first stumbled across EU2 and Crusader kings I.. Kept me entertained in an otherwise sad period of my life..

Still occasionally play both of them when I feel bad :P
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Lol, i didnt know this piece of history. But i remember old EU1 times with Doomdark making mods, hehehe. That were good old times. Congrats on growing to a sizable company Johan.
    -"Valhar Morghulis", Arya Stark.

Silenciosa como una sombra,
    Ligera como una pluma,
    Rápida como una serpiente.

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Is Artfox gone ?

Ireland, Tis For Thee Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    Is Artfox gone ?
    Seems to have gone to publishing

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Seems to have gone to publishing
    He still has QA manager as his sub heading
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    He still has QA manager as his sub heading
    Yes, for Paradox Interatctive

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    Is Artfox gone ?
    yes.. he no longer works for PDS, but is now the QA manager for Paradox Interactive..

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

this is confusing

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    this is confusing
    It's not. they are two different companies but share an office. PDS makes games, PI publishes them. PI also publishes games for other studios.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    I think this means artfox was promoted, as being with the publisher he no longer is a minion of whoever is in charge of the particular project. Basically, he's this:

And you should be happy about that, not confused, QA is a top issue for players all over (with most games being broken beyond repair at release), and one of trademarks of Paradox these days is not releasing broken games like everyone else does.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You think it's confusing now...

When Paradox first created Paradox, there was some overlap on duties. I was never sure for awhile what Johan's job really was or who was tied to what project. I think it was over a year before I finally figured out that the two were separate entities and not just two different names for the same thing.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post
    [...] I was never sure for awhile what Johan's job really was or who was tied to what project. [...]
    (We are still not sure. He is EVERYWHERE!)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

So...when will Paradox sell PDS to EA?

Serious question though, are the owners of Paradox Interactive and PDS the same?
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Could sell it to SEGA, they seem to be handling Football Manager's SI Games very well... And there's no other game of a different genre so similar in its spirit to Paradox titles as FM is.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    So...when will Paradox sell PDS to EA?

Serious question though, are the owners of Paradox Interactive and PDS the same?
    PDS is owned by Paradox Interactive 100%, and PI is owned by Fred, me, Susana & a few more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    (We are still not sure. He is EVERYWHERE!)
    I DO THE FUN STUFF ONLY!! and lots of boring admin shit.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Could sell it to SEGA, they seem to be handling Football Manager's SI Games very well... And there's no other game of a different genre so similar in its spirit to Paradox titles as FM is.
    I love FM.. Have played it since the early 90's back on the Amiga.. Now playing the iPad version while going commuting to work, Colchester just got promoted to the Championship, and my young team should be able to compete in the top within a year or two.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast