• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why cant you use the Steam browser for that, like the "ingame store" does it?

Because they don't just release games on Steam.

Why cant you use the Steam browser for that, like the "ingame store" does it?

Good point.. For future games I expect this more likely to happen.

True, but if 95% of the customers are on Steam then well..

Do you consider the possibility of creating an editor for HOI3 that enables the players(not just modders) to create WWII battles?

It something that may not be entirely cost beneficial.

I was actually thinking about this but was heading for work so I was in a hurry when writing. It could be fixed with a setting in a text file. Set it to use Steam browser for Steam users and default browser for GG users. They should also make it so we can change it. I know allot of people don't like the steam browser for some reason.

They could also automate it so people that launch the game trough Steam use Steam browser and those who launch it directly trough the EXE file will get their default browser. This could make it easier for PDS since they will have less difference between the setting files.

Last edited:
As long as they don't try to integrate Twitch.tv, which doesn't work AGAIN this afternoon...

Actually, I was thinking a bit, what if you made an ingame encyclopedia, and somewhat "wikified" it. Allow players to edit and write articles. When the ingame wiki reaches a suitably high standard, the article could be locked against future changes for posterity. By having the wiki displayed and accessed ingame, it would make things much easier to access and reference, and save people from the effort of always alt-tabbing. You could also have the forums accessible from an ingame browser.

That's a good idea! There are already wikis like this for all PDS games after all. On locking articles, they'd have to be unlocked whenever a new patch comes out of course.

To make a game really accessible, it should have a combination of good UI, good use of tooltips, a good tutorial (I recently got Endless Space, it had a good combination of those first three) and good availability of extra in-depth information like an in-game encyclopedia and/or a wiki. I think the addition of all those would really help PDS expand it's customer-base.

Will the EU4 release interview be available on Twitch.tv sometimes?

I didn't get the start of it and I want to watch it all.

What is generally considered the favorite expansion of EU 3 by the studio?

I don't think there is a general opinion on that actually. We always play with everything installed (afaik), but I guess people can still have an opinion on which expansion improved the game the most.
I tend to just think of all of them as progress and be happy that the game got more interesting with each.

If you needed a jar of pickles opened fast, who in the studio you'd give it to?

Will the EU4 release interview be available on Twitch.tv sometimes?

I didn't get the start of it and I want to watch it all.

I'm not sure, but we'll make sure to post about it if it gets posted somewhere.

How to become a mod on this forum? Of all the forums I frequent, this one I'd like to be one on.

We only recruit new mods when someone else steps down, or we need someone new for a new game. If any of those things happen though, the first step would be to recruit a demi-mod. Those have slightly less moderator powers than full mods. When we select demi-mods, we pick someone who we have noticed in a relevant sub forum to be a generally helpful and constructive person with lots of presence. Similar, if we need a new full mod, we pick one of the demi-mods of course. There are no short-cuts really.

Oh, and when I say "we" in the above sentence, what I really mean is that the current moderators and demi-mods suggest someone, and then Castellon decides.

If I could not open it myself, I guess the closest person would be my first try. I don't really think you have to be a body builder to open a jar. If you are fishing for who would be the strongest in the team, I'm not sure at all, sorry. :)

strength is irrelevant if you always have a leatherman with you making this stuff easy

Myself.

Failing that.. I won't fail.

Even if I have to bring in the entire toolbox, but I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY A JAR OF PICKLES!

If you just want to open the jar fast, you could just break it?

And a question from me: are there any runners at PI/PDS? I'll be running Midnattsloppet on saturday and I realized I'll run just past your offices.

I've always wondered where did you guys find all them thousands of historical ministers, leaders and unit names for HoI. Including people who don't even have Wikipedia articles and pictures which you can find nowhere else on the Internet.