• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who's guilty of being on vacation and still checking this forum?

It's worse than that, some of them even come into the OFFICE while on vacation (admittedly, for the facts that the office has excellent tables for boardgames and/or a nice network for gaming)

Waffles or toast?

Waffles, definitely.

Hi there... The weather in Stockholm is not that great, lots of clouds and rain. There's always something fun and interesting to read on the forums, I wouldn't want to come back after three weeks of vacation and discover that I have hundreds of new posts and threads to read :)

How often do you guys play mods for your games?

So what is your favorite beer?

And, when is HoI4 coming out?:happy:

So what is your favorite beer?

I am not a great fan of beer (blasphemy according to most at the office ^^) but the one beer that I would love to taste again is Old Rasputin. It is an barrel aged imperial stout and the one I tried at Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival in 2009 had been aged for about ten or eleven years. It was fantastic, tasted more of melted chocolate and caramel than of ordinary beer.

Would you guys ever consider combining the different global-historical games (EU: Rome, <some missing link comparable to Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion/dark ages time period>, CK, EU, Vic and HOI) into a single one or making them all in the same engine so they can be added onto each other like 1 game if you have 2 or more sequential time periods.
If so, what would you need to actually start making it? If not,... well... why?!

If needed, I'll post a large list of why to do it and all the benefits :p
And yes, also the short list of downsides. :(

Building on the above: in the past, there were various conversion engines to allow a game started on EU2 to be continued through Vicky. Are there any plans to create something similar for the Clausewitz Engine? It would be quite cool to see something like that.

Also, what was the theme song to the original Europa Universalis? My old disc is lost to the annals of time (or just plain old disorganization).

Also, what was the theme song to the original Europa Universalis? My old disc is lost to the annals of time (or just plain old disorganization).

You can download both EU1 and 2 from GamersGate for free if you want. I think you will find the theme songs in there.

... Its always been a bit back and forth on what category our games should fall in ...

To be honest, PDS games should be categorised as 'epic', that really should be the Genre you come under, have a word with Steam, they'd probably do it!

Q: With several fantasy/fiction mods for your titles, have you ever considered creating a completely new world and developing a fantasy grand strategy?

Oh, and on a side note, since discovering PDS I haven't played a game by anyone else in well over a year now, you are more addictive than Jelly Tots!