• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad to see the posts rolling back to the AAR

Awesome AAr. I always enjoyed the pre war build up and waging early stages of war the best but your insight and planning in other aspects have really opened up possiblilties. I took some things you did and applied them to my soviet game and the results were impressive.

Thank you.

I'm really glad to see you back in action Amoral . I feared the worst when you took some time off...I'm glad to be proven wrong. I loved the epic bi-plane action near Alexandria. As old-fashioned and out of date as they were, they're pretty cool looking (to me anyway). I'm looking forward to more!

I am glad to see this up and running again as well. I liked the action interlude too. I'm sure it is a nice way to break up the monotony of playing a min-max game and all of us AAR readers get a little story to go along with our thoughtful study.

(p.s. Heads up you need to do a little touch up of the tail insignia for your Stat shot of the HE-51)

amazing AAR! Did you do anything special to break through the Maginot line? also, loved the hit on poland, yugoslavia and France all at once.

Love this AAR, even though i prefer to play the underdog of the Axis (Italy). Germany can be alot of fun, i also generally go for the Gulf of Finland, as the modifiers are fairly crazy!

Found AAR useful. Building practicals up has helped my game and economizing my IC is giving me great results. Building divisions of same type then build brigades and attach will save IC. Example Arm takes 180 days - Mot takes 140 days, so build a 2x arm division and the a mot brigade and attach when both complete and your saving 40 days IC of mot IC cost. Starting a BC early then stage every 4-6 month a bc or bb and the praticals reduce finish times so your saving IC. 1936-39 build ups are fun. I usually have 315 IC at start of war as Germany.

Example Arm takes 180 days - Mot takes 140 days, so build a 2x arm division and the a mot brigade and attach when both complete and your saving 40 days IC of mot IC cost.
Not really. Each unit has a IC cost, and a building time. When you make a division with brigades taking different times, the time will be taken for the brigade that takes the longest, but IC required for the brigades that build faster will be reduced. What will remain constant, is IC required*days needed or IC-days. If ARM take 190 at 9 IC, its cost will be 1710 IC-days, for MOT, with 4.67 IC and 120 days, it will be 560.4 IC-days. If you are building a division of ARM/MOT, it will take 190 days, but will cost not 13.67 IC (9+4.67), but 11.95 IC. 1710 IC-days for ARM, 560.4 IC-days for MOT, gives us 2270.4 IC-days, and over 190 days for slowest building brigade results in 2270.4/190=~11.95. So no real IC would be saved, but there is a catch. Practicals! By building MOT separately, it will finish 70 days earlier, and give you a practical boost earlier.

Obviously Mr Amoral must do this build and war for HOI3 TFH.