• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amoral

Colonel
6 Badges
Dec 21, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
In this AAR I'm going to show a few tricks that can be used to get Germany off to a flying start. Once Germany has a seeming straglehold on Europe, I will switch to the American side, and see if I can defeat my own creation. Lots of these tricks are borderline abusive, and not appropriate for all games. I'm not saying this is how you should play. But if you struggle to build the army you want you can use some of these strategies to push you over the edge.

Erg. Picture sizes are terrible. You can use ctrl+mousehweel to zoom in and out to read them. I'll try and do better for next update.

Subscribed. Nothing extremely gamey so far, your tricks are rather innocent ATM, but we will see what you will come up with in future updates. Personally, I think that nothing is more gamey than paratrooper armies of death and since you don't plan to build them, I don't think that I will be shocked.

Interesting, looking forward to the moment when you try to defeat your own creation with the USA :D
Can you elaborate on what version of the game and what mods you use? And are there any house rules at all?

You show 503 IC in production. Can you elaborate what is in the queue besides 5 airbases and 99 factories and 1 CA which total about 495 IC? Just curious what the last 8 or 9 IC are queued for. Also, please remember that the original run had 80 factories being built. It seems this is a change.

Last edited:
JJU: As far as I remember, I only have 5 airbases, 99 IC and the CA in production. Maybe the destroyer and starting sub have not been cancelled yet. I don't plan on finishing them in any case. I'll check this evening.

Update: The extra IC was the destroyer and sub that start in the queue. They are now cancelled.

Zealot: I'm going to cause a coup in the Netherlands to bring them into the axis. I want them because they have four strategic resources. All four are located in the DEI, and they are the jewels in Japan's historical South East Asia co-prosperity sphere. If Japan takes them, they won't share them with Germany (capitals on different continents). If Japan doesn't take them, they are doomed to run out of oil. I have decided that since I plan for the dutch to retain possesion of the DEI that nationalist China will be a much better ally against the Soviets, and a better far eastern bulwark against the inevitable Americans. Japan is out, China is in.

The spies are there to stengthen the KMT party, which will get rid of their fractured government penalty, which will help with their NU. It's only a drop in the bucket. But enough drops will still fill a bucket.

Last edited:
I was intrigued by your Netherland/Nat China strategy so tried that part out. It took 14 tries (140 spies) before I got a coup that worked. Is this common or just bad luck?

And Nat China seems to get beat by Japan in my games. How do you actually help them? The spies rasing their ruling party support only goes so far.

I won't attempt a coup until after party support is over 51%, and the Netherlands is completely alligned to the Axis. I expect that won't happen until after war breaks out. I've only done this once before, and it took 2 tries (20 spies) to get a success. I think that party support, alignment and relations all factor into the success chance.

If it doesn't work it won't affect my buildup plan. The Netherlands will just be invaded in that case. Austria is quite the opposite. Because they provide IC, the sooner they join the stronger my buildup will be.

Last edited:
Very good presentation.

To the question of coups: the chance for success is in the defines.lua. IIRC it says 10%/level. Per level I assume to mean level of your party support. This is without checking so I could be off on the number, but anybody can go see to be sure.

Very good presentation.

To the question of coups: the chance for success is in the defines.lua. IIRC it says 10%/level. Per level I assume to mean level of your party support. This is without checking so I could be off on the number, but anybody can go see to be sure.

If that is right, then 50% party support would mean only a 5% chance of success? That's depressing.

If it's that low that would explain why it took me 14 tries. I think I had about a 48% party support.