+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add Core command for entire Region?

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

Add Core command for entire Region?

I see there is a command to add a core for a single province but is there one out there to add an entire region as a nations core?
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just put the add core effect inside a region scope.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

93 games registered

DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Just put the add core effect inside a region scope.
    You got an example please?

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

state_scope = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = CSA
    }
    }
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thanks! This will be a great help.

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    state_scope = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = CSA
    }
    }
    If I read this right it would only work in regions I already own. Is there anyway for me to write it so I can get a core on a region I don't own other then listing every province?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    If I read this right it would only work in regions I already own. Is there anyway for me to write it so I can get a core on a region I don't own other then listing every province?
    Only be using the region code. If you open the regions.txt file in the map folder, you can see them-- each has the region code followed by the province id#'s that are in that region. You can scope to the region directly... so using "USA_1 = { add_core = CSA }" would add CSA cores to the entire Alaska region regardless of whether you own the provinces or not.

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Only be using the region code. If you open the regions.txt file in the map folder, you can see them-- each has the region code followed by the province id#'s that are in that region. You can scope to the region directly... so using "USA_1 = { add_core = CSA }" would add CSA cores to the entire Alaska region regardless of whether you own the provinces or not.
    Oh you just made my day! I wish I could hug you!!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    state_scope = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = CSA
    }
    }
    I'm playing as germany, and I used this (ofc i used GER instead of CSA) and everything went fine. the event came up. When i hoovered over the option it showed me a list of gain core on XXXXX ect. but when I clicked on it nothing happened. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Suaske666 View Post
    I'm playing as germany, and I used this (ofc i used GER instead of CSA) and everything went fine. the event came up. When i hoovered over the option it showed me a list of gain core on XXXXX ect. but when I clicked on it nothing happened. Help?
    I'd need to see the actual event to troubleshoot it.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

well I just incorporated it into an existing event.
    country_event = {
    id = 18540
    title = "EVTNAME18540"
    desc = "EVTDESC18540"
    picture = "Expansion"

trigger = {
    nationalvalue = nv_liberty
    badboy = 0.7
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
    months = 200
    }

option = {
    state_scope = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = GER
    }
    }
    }

option = {
    name = "EVTOPTA18540"
    badboy = -30
    any_pop = {dominant_issue = {factor = 0.2 value = jingoism } }

As you can see it has two options one for the above mentioned effect, the other I use more regularely

Ah, if you're using a country event then you'll need to set additional scoping. Try:

Code:
    any_owned_province = { 
    option = {
    state_scope = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = GER
    }
    }
    }
    }

would you mind writing the wole thing for me please, my combinations still don't seem to work

What is it you're seeking to achieve? Just adding German cores to every province you own?

well yeah. One option does that, the other removes 30 badboy. xD

No need for the state scope at all, then.

Code:
    country_event = {
    id = 18540
    title = "EVTNAME18540"
    desc = "EVTDESC18540"
    picture = "Expansion"

trigger = {
    nationalvalue = nv_liberty
    badboy = 0.7
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
    months = 200
    }

option = {
    any_owned = {
    add_core = GER
    }
    }

option = {
    name = "EVTOPTA18540"
    badboy = -30
    any_pop = {
    dominant_issue = {
    factor = 0.2 
    value = jingoism 
    }
    }
    }
    }
    That ought to do it.

Thanks mate, worked perfectly

I find it quite funny that you would probably get cores on the USA and possibly other countries should they go over .7 badboy. ^^

You might wanna consider adding a tag = GER to the trigger section.

Quote Originally Posted by YXAndyYX View Post
    You might wanna consider adding a tag = GER to the trigger section.
    LOL good idea HAHAHAHA

+ Reply to Thread