• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Swiss Confederation requests that the Qing delegation visit Switzerland, though the limited wealth of our nation, as well as our lack of ports, prevents extensive trading.

Last edited:
The Austrian Empire would gladly welcome the Qing delegates into our nation for diplomatic and economic discussions. However, we regret to inform the Qing delegates that trade will not be possible for this year, as we have more important matters to turn ourselves to. However, a strong trade relationship can most certainly be started between our two nations in the near future.

~ Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor

The Ottoman Empire is as of the current moment occupied with other issues, and though we gladly welcome the Qing delegates, negotiations might be slow.

OOC: Basically, no orders available.

The United Kingdom is glad to see China making efforts to open herself to the world, we will eargerly accept your delegation on our shores, trading relations however may not be possible in the near future, thanks to the current events in Europe.

DEADLINE TUESDAY

I'd prefer if you could all have your orders in by then. France and whoever is going to war with/against her, your orders are particularly needed so I can write a mini-update about that.

Also, a bit more IC would be nice.

DEADLINE TUESDAY

I'd prefer if you could all have your orders in by then. France and whoever is going to war with/against her, your orders are particularly needed so I can write a mini-update about that.

Also, a bit more IC would be nice.

OOC: Waiting on Duke, then the real IC can begin...

OOC: Boris, just so you know, you're allied with France and you are effectively a client state of them.

The Spanish Kingdom apologizes for the mishap. The transcriber of that message has been tried for treason and summarily executed by the order of the king. We again apologize for the miscommunication and we withold that it is the British and her allies who are our enemies, not the French.

OOC: Boris, just so you know, you're allied with France and you are effectively a client state of them.
OOC: Well, there's nothing too wrong with him shifting sides, since like Prussia or Austria, there isn't a direct lever that France can apply yet in Madrid; they historically drifted towards neutrality between Trafalgar and Jena, at which point they realigned themselves with France and pretended that they'd never even entertained the thought of abandoning the Continental System (being bribed with bits of Portugal also helped). There's nothing completely outré about them repudiating the Alliance of San Ildefonso and rejoining the next Grand Coalition, as Prussia and Austria historically did repeatedly. On the other hand, it might not be too wise to do so since there's one really, really big French lever right on the other side of the Pyrenees that's already kicked the stuffing out of the Spanish forces once, which couldn't even invade Portugal on their own.

OOC: Thanks, when I looked at the general Napoleonic Wars Article it said Spain was with the UK and such, but I guess that changed later.
OOC: Basic summary.
War of the First Coalition (1793): British ally
Second Coalition (1798), Third Coalition (1803), Fourth Coalition (1806): French ally
Peninsular War onward (1808): British ally

And the Peninsular War only happened because Napoleon, convinced of Spanish wavering and unreliability, decided to conquer it through perfidy and place his brother on the throne. That didn't go so hot.

Last edited:
da-lgflag.gif

The Treaty of Alingsås 1804

[X] King Christian VII

We are pleased to see greater cooperation with our Scandinavian brothers. May our two nations be prosperous together.

Without further ado, I, Francis II, publicly announce the Treaty of Tarnow.

Treaty of Tarnow

In light of the radical republicanism of the French State, headed by the Emperor of the French Napoleon I, we, as a collective of nations, have come to a state of epiphany in the grievances of the French Empire. These grievances include, but are not limited to,

• The disruption of peace on the continent of Europe,
  • The violent and bloody creation of a state, at the head of which is Napoleon Bonaparte,
  • The needless execution, without either trial or reason, of many a people, including but not limited to French citizens,
  • The execution, without just cause, of the Bourbon Monarch and his Wife,
  • The subjugation of many states in Western Europe, which include but are not limited to Northern Italy, the Kingdom of Spain, and the Netherlands,
  • The instigation of war among the Powers of Europe,
  • The suppression of the Catholic Church in France,
  • The disturbance of the balance of power on the continent of Europe,
  • The deaths of soldiers, civilians, and others in wars of conquest,
  • And the creation of a vast Sphere of French Influence on the continent of Europe.
Thus, we, as nations, resolve to fight against this evil regime of Napoleon I, with steel, and lead, and any tools that lie at our disposal; we will pursue the objective of toppling Napoleon's illegitimate regime, of restoring the peace and balance of power of the continent of Europe; we will fight together, as brothers-in-arms, against the tyrant that seeks to conquer the whole of Europe and bringing about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, soldiers, and otherwise; we here resolve to fight to contain the French regime, to limit its sphere of influence, and to return Europe to its state of balance and peace. This Treaty of Tarnow binds all signatories in a military alliance of the highest order, in conjunction with the brave nations of the United Kingdom of the Dutch Republic, which are already in conflict with Napoleon's armies. This Treaty shall never become defunct until, with the completion of our objective, Napoleon's regime is toppled and peace is restored. We, as an alliance, as a Coalition, DECLARE WAR upon the French Empire and any of her allies.

Any nation which feels obligated to join this Coalition against Napoleon's France may join at any time. Napoleon's power and authority must be challenged and he must be deposed before Europe falls under a curtain of conquest and total destruction.

Signatories

[X] Emperor Francis II of Austria, Roman Emperor Elect
[X] Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger of the United Kingdom
[X] Tsar Alexander I of Russia
[X] Prince William V of the Netherlands
[X] King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia
[X] King Christian VII of Denmark-Norway
[X] King Gustav IV of Sweden
[X] President Thomas Jefferson of the United States of America

Last edited:
His Majesty's government shall never back down against the corsican tyrant!
We are happy to form the basis of this new Coallition, may God gift us with victory.

[X] Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger of the United Kingdom

We must break this threat to Europe and the worlds safety. Balance and the right order must be maintained. This revolutionary tyrant must be stopped.

[X] Tsar Alexander I

So they come at us again. So be it.

Treaty of Novgorod

Recognizing the value in extra trade between neighboring nations and building relations up, Sweden and the Russian Empire are taking steps to enhance the flow of goods.

Both nations will relax their tariffs on each others goods to a lower level and will endeavor to speed up the travel of goods between their lands.

[X] Tsar Alexander I
[]King Gustav IV Adolf

[X] King Frederich Wilhelm III of Prussia.