Closed Thread
Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2457

Thread: Magna Mundi cancelled

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    He didn't say that, but the way he said it, which could easily be perceived as the passive-aggressive stance that people have been complaining about, seemed to imply it. He's rejected that he meant it that way though, and I wouldn't think he was lying about that unless I was given reason to.
    No, he has explicitly made reference to it like saying "it wouldn't surprise me if EU4 had features from MMtG"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeroustom View Post
    No, he has explicitly made reference to it like saying "it wouldn't surprise me if EU4 had features from MMtG"
    ...and? Magna Mundi is an almost complete game (if not playable enough), millions and millions of code lines now unused in PI hands. I wouldn't be surprised, either - but because PI PAID for that lines.

No, he said

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.
    Which doesn't say the same features. He could be telling the truth when he says that he meant 'inspired by' MM features (though frankly, he invites misinterpretation and does imply that Paradox killed MMtG to steal the code and eliminate competition, so he's either guilty of lack of clarity or dishonesty).
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Also it happened with the mod as well.
    You must unlearn what you have learned

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by WeissRaben View Post
    ...and? Magna Mundi is an almost complete game (if not playable enough), millions and millions of code lines now unused in PI hands. I wouldn't be surprised, either - but because PI PAID for that lines.
    Its still saying that PI cancelled the game to steal the code from UV.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Nope. It's saying that the game was cancelled, and now there are millions of lines left to rot. I'm not pro-UV at all, but speculation asks for moderation. Est modus in rebus.

Yes, but that doesn't explicitly state anything about Paradox' intentions. He isn't saying they did it to "steal" MM's features, at least not explicitly, and he later denied it. It could be damage control, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt and believe it was merely bad wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Descri View Post
    Also it happened with the mod as well.
    With what? The Holy Roman Empire and Japanese system, but even those seem pretty obvious additions.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Submitted to demonstrate why many are so baffled by UV's behavior over this. Here's one CEO responding to disaster:

"Who is responsible?"...I am. Half my job at Kerberos is to be the one that makes the hard call. What gets prioritized. What gets pulled. What gets released. What get accepted. And in many ways, what gets said. When push comes to shove, I am the one who makes the deal with the devil. When something is supposed to be watched, its me who has to know the answer. When the switch got thrown on the wrong build, costing many of you an extra big download and letting loose an extra buggy code base, I was in traffic instead of giving the yay or nay myself. That should not have been...hell I should have insisted nothing moved until the right code had been there and confirmed multiple times. Instead I blew it and bad things happened.

So lets set this straight here. When you are dealing with SotS2 this weekend and wondering quite rightly "Who is to blame for this?!!" The answer is me. NOT Paradox...NOT Steam and certainly NOT my team. All of those forces have been exemplary in helping deal with a bad situation. When it comes to who should be at the end of anyone's fingerpoint, it's just plain ol' me....
    Here's another:

Greetings Magna Mundi fans,

I am just writing this post to let you know that Universo Virtual and myself will answer in the proper legal forum to the weird "cancellation" of the game. I'd also like to make it known the "cancellation" issue is just a detail on everything that's going to be settled there.

I am not going to allow that my name and my credibility are to be placed in jeopardy as they have been for some time now. I intend to come out of this with a big smile in my face and my name clean....

Eh, while I don't think ubik's response would have been much more humble, I'm not sure you can directly compare the two situations, given that in the first case the customers did get a very buggy product, and in the second were spared it.

To be fair, I think that particular response was actually to their having released a beta version of the game accidentally on release day.

It was not a direct response to the fact that the REAL v 1.0 wasn't much of an improvement.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    Wow. That actually makes me want to buy SOTS2...that's a real classy statement.
    In fairness, I don't know whether they actually followed through, as I don't have SotS2. However, they at least got step one right.

Eh, while I don't think ubik's response would have been much more humble, I'm not sure you can directly compare the two situations, given that in the first case the customers did get a very buggy product, and in the second were spared it.
    You and Tomm_Peng are both correct, but I just wanted to focus on the issue of accepting responsibility for your project or finger-pointing.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomn_Peng View Post
    The problem is, how many others would be willing to pay that? I dunno about you, but 300 bucks isn't exactly small change for me. If I pay 300 bucks for a video game I'd damn well expect to spend a day or two in an orgasmic coma just by starting the game up, and however good Magna Mundi might be (in a hypothetical situation where Magna Mundi is not a giant mass of bugs) I doubt it's THAT good.
    As a post-graduate of history, I have very little money, I tend not to buy games on release, and usually wait until they're on a big sale on Steam. And this is for games I actually want, I've never hugely enjoyed MM, so I don't think I'd pay more than £9.99 for it. It's personal opinion of course, but some people should get perspective. Paying $300 for a game that continually crashes is not a great idea, no matter how much you enjoyed the mod.
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Why are we even talking about that? That sort of pricing is not merely ridiculous, it's hardly within the realm of possibility for a game like what MM would have been, talking about prices higher than 30, 40 bucks/Euros tops is completely pointless.

Victoria 2

Why are we even talking about that? That sort of pricing is not merely ridiculous, it's hardly within the realm of possibility for a game like what MM would have been, talking about prices higher than 30, 40 bucks/Euros tops is completely pointless.
    The reason we are talking about it is because people want MMtG to release and they know that it won't sell enough copies to recoup the money at £40 so thats why the price was set at £300.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

No.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    No.
    Yes.

The reason we are talking about it is because people want MMtG to release and they know that it won't sell enough copies to recoup the money at £40 so thats why the price was set at £300.
    Yes but that price is so beyond outlandish that there's really no point talking about it. It's not a thing that is going to happen. Nothing above 40 bones is going to happen. Hell even 40 might be too much.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yes but that price is so beyond outlandish that there's really no point talking about it. It's not a thing that is going to happen. Nothing above 40 bones is going to happen. Hell even 40 might be too much.
    Which is kind of the point. MMtG being released in the future is now a thing that is so outlandish it's just not going to happen.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Closed Thread
Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 ... LastLast