Closed Thread
Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Mundi cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.
    would I be a bad person if I told you 'I hope so?'

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkface View Post
    I just want to say to the development team, no matter that your first game was cancelled, no matter that in all likeliness you well apart as a group, what you have done is a great accomplishment. You have gained valuable lessons on game development and have a huge advantage over up and coming game developers who start with nothing but an idea. You started with an idea, turned it into a popular mod and then put two years into making it into a game.

It's sad that it had to end this way, but congratulations for making it this far and good luck for the future.
    Agreed. Fail up, not down!

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by panosmel View Post
    We should all hope that grand strategy games continue to be developed covering this time period. There is not a lot of choice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dash_sadface_by_xzenocrimzie-d4vo8iz.png
Views:	201
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	56581
    Once upon a time mighty ruler of the Punjab Empire, Protector of Asia and benefactor of India in Day of Glory MP

Release "Magna Mundi: A Sad State of Affairs" at a discounted price. I will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by the_carbonater View Post
    sad ponies incoming!!!

R.I.P. MMtG

Quote Originally Posted by Jayavarman View Post
    FtG was a sales failure.

And it also had bad publisher-developer drama.
    I'd say the best example of it working (commercially) are the various Hearts of Iron II derivatives.
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.
    Yes of course! That must have been their plan all along!

My sympathies to Paradox for being tugged along.
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3

Well, that's just too bad.
    I hope somebody will now take the opportunity to port MM to Divine Wind - and I couldn't ask for more.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

It depends... I spent a lot of time working on this game, so I really would be happy if the community could enjoy it. However, after what happened around in the last times, I couldn't be happy if the game would be released like a Paradox game with no involvement of UV (at least looking from outside).

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I still remember that pic where Johan and another Paradox fellow were eating dinner with the MM team. So long ago...

It depends... I spent a lot of time working on this game, so I really would be happy if the community could enjoy it. However, after what happened around in the last times, I couldn't be happy if the game would be released like a Paradox game with no involvement of UV (at least looking from outside).
    Well you could always release the game yourshelf,or a demo,for free.yeah,that will make me hap... i mean that will teach them

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I know you'll vehemently disagree, but I always saw MMtG as EU3.5 anyway. Anyhow, if EU4 does come along with 'surprisingly similar features', you should feel proud that your ideas have been taken up.

I see this as a kind of "The King is dead - long live the King!"
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by steveh11 View Post
    I know you'll vehemently disagree, but I always saw MMtG as EU3.5 anyway. Anyhow, if EU4 does come along with 'surprisingly similar features', you should feel proud that your ideas have been taken up.

I see this as a kind of "The King is dead - long live the King!"
    Well if i were them i would be pissed,at least put my freaking name on it.And seriously how long has this game been in development?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I still remember that pic where Johan and another Paradox fellow were eating dinner with the MM team. So long ago...
    I still remember pics from when Snowball was contracted to develop Crusader Kings 1.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Well if i were them i would be pissed,at least put my freaking name on it.And seriously how long has this game been in development?
    Too long... :ja:
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Well you could always release the game yourshelf,or a demo,for free.yeah,that will make me hap... i mean that will teach them
    We can't officially, because the engine still belongs to Paradox. And UV doesn't have the money to buy it.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

I would because it would be a regressive step in terms of "fun". Believe it or not, most people like to play games for fun not to have their balls twisted.

They won't release EU4 without first having made a new engine. Maybe an expansion though...?
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

Guys, don't turn this thread into a "MMtG will be resurrected as EU4" thread.
    That's wishful thinking at the very least.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast