Closed Thread
Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Mundi cancelled

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

What a waste.

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The worst thing about the current state of affairs is the huge distance appearing to be between the parts involved. If it was just for the buggy state of the game, then there would be chances that the MM team could work on other projects for Paradox, whether is a mod, a game, etc. But with the current situation, it seems everybody has ended up exhausted and with few will to do anything else.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Catalan
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Protectionism / 5 Hour Max Work Day
    Current Work: Cement Factory
    Cash Reserves: Enough
    Revolt Risk: 1.8%
    Militancy: 4.3
    Consciousness: 7.8

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    Sad and unfortunate. I little bit confusing when he says the part

"It will not see the light of day under the current set up: Universo Virtual (UV) will not be part of this project any more."

I bit more clarification? the Title says game cancelled but the description leads a little more to be desired.
    It is longhand for:
    1. The project has been cancelled. It is dead as a doornail.
    2. Paradox is examining its possibilities with regards to what to do with the existing codebase, which UV developed under contract to Paradox.
    3. IF a new project is started up based on the codebase, UV will not be part of that project.

If you want to, you can start guessing about internal development or hiring somebody else to finish off the game, but it is entirely possible that it means exactly what it says - that Paradox, having decided to cancel the project in its current form, is keeping its options open. (To which those two options belong, but there are several others).
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

On the up side - we will have a free summer.

My biggest hope is that Paradox do not stop cooperating with other people.
    My impression is that there are at least a couple of Paradox game "improvements" whose teams have worked out well (FtG?).
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

so,should i pick up EU3 now or what???

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binTravkin View Post
    On the up side - we will have a free summer.

My biggest hope is that Paradox do not stop cooperating with other people.
    My impression is that there are at least a couple of Paradox game "improvements" whose teams have worked out well (FtG?).
    FtG was a sales failure.

And it also had bad publisher-developer drama.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Ahh well, hopefully Paradox hasn't lost out too much on it.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by panosmel View Post
    so,should i pick up EU3 now or what???
    Yes. EU3 Chronicles.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3C/eu...iii-chronicles

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would like to point out to anyone who has or is going to complain about pardox.

paradox is cancelling this AT A LOSS. They will not be making any of hte capital they have put into this project. So if they cancel the game after that amount of capital has been poured into then you know there were serious problems, not only with the game but with the Dev team.

Paradox has stuck by this for ages longer then it should have. You should be thanking paradox for giving them a "second chance" to fix the problems.
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Lucky View Post
    Ahh well, hopefully Paradox hasn't lost out too much on it.
    I am assuming Paradox lost a great deal: 2 years of contract management, QA, travel, publishing duties/advertisement, programming/design collaboration, legal fees, etc.

Plenty of real expenses and lost man-hours, not to mention opportunity costs and emotional scarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayavarman View Post
    After playing ck2 for 3 weeks (demo) and vic2 AHD now for some months wouldnt it be a downgrade??? COME ON,ILL BUY THE GAME AND RELEASE IT MYSHELF!!!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

After playing ck2 for 3 weeks (demo) and vic2 AHD now for some months wouldnt it be a downgrade??? COME ON,ILL BUY THE GAME AND RELEASE IT MYSHELF!!!
    what are you rich???
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

FtG was a sales failure.

And it also had bad publisher-developer drama.
    Oh, I didn't know it.
    Does it mean all of those side-projects were unsuccessful?
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Really, what a waste!

The codebase must still be salvageable/useable in some form, no?!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    EU3 at its current state is quite good actually. No need for Greek Dramaz here...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions

Crusader Kings II it is then...
    Reached a verge of total defeat in Fine Feats with Finland Succession Game (And returned. Nothing really special)
    Proposed a heretic Italian State in Serpents in Lombardian Paradise Succession Game (Forget the pope - Cathedral of Pure Faith rocks!)
    The Lion's Tale - Bulgaria in World War I
    Полоцкая летопись - Tale of the descendants of Rogvolod, prince of Polotsk (finished in mid XIII century due to LoR coming out)
    Children of the Foreign Blood - Lux Invcta Arabo-Slavic campaign (ended in XIII century due to savegame crash after Steam update)
    Recieved The First Cookie for Services to Syndicalism! on March 11th, 2010, yay!

I just want to say to the development team, no matter that your first game was cancelled, no matter that in all likeliness you well apart as a group, what you have done is a great accomplishment. You have gained valuable lessons on game development and have a huge advantage over up and coming game developers who start with nothing but an idea. You started with an idea, turned it into a popular mod and then put two years into making it into a game.

It's sad that it had to end this way, but congratulations for making it this far and good luck for the future.
    The Dragon Age Mod ~ In development ~

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    what are you rich???
    I was gonna buy EU3 but then i heard about magna mundi,so i bought vic2 AHD and said 'hey ill play it till magna mundi is released and the price drops' now i guess im stuck with vic2.... WHICH IS AWESOME!!!

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.
    I'm sorry for you, but no need to be vindictive... At the end some of the more critical posters here were expecting this.
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast