Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cores

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Cores

Hello! my name is Ottoman Empire!

And im happy to announce that i get free cores on the entire southern hemisphere! Why you ask? well because its historical ! That's why! It's historical that people with an other religion than me embrace me and love me.

ok i really hate this part of the game, OE getting free cores all over the place starting war of reconquest on Ragusa Hungary and the like. Hope its not going to be in Magna mundi.

Quote Originally Posted by ijzervuist View Post
    Hello! my name is Ottoman Empire!

And im happy to announce that i get free cores on the entire southern hemisphere! Why you ask? well because its historical ! That's why! It's historical that people with an other religion than me embrace me and love me.

ok i really hate this part of the game, OE getting free cores all over the place starting war of reconquest on Ragusa Hungary and the like. Hope its not going to be in Magna mundi.
    Hope so to,imma be playing as morea and this would kill me!!!!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would just like to say that it probably isnt the case HOWEVER

can I remind everyone there are 3 kind of cores in this game. so that might change things up if they do have cores.

Cores are as follows:
    No Core -> Peripheral -> Central -> Integral
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

ok that's reassuring. It really ruins the game for me sometimes.

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game

Yep well I doubt the MM team would do this. not sure though. Playing the MM mod should give you some hints
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

My dear sir. You are obviously deeply misinformed. Let me clarifie the Ottoman cores for you.

In MMtM in 1453 the Ottoman empire starts with cores on Bulgaria, Anatolia, Albania and Greece (most of it owned by them). These cores are quite reasonable and should belong to the OE.

The other cores in balkans and Hungary are special case. Long before Httt the team stood againts challenge: how to ensue plausible expansion of the big evil turk? The reason was to add TEMPORAL cores on neighbor nations. Why so? Bcs of the ai! Player do not recieves these cores. Ai however gets not only the cb but also the intention to go for it cores. When it obtaines them these cores are REMOVED.

Europa Universalis IV

never knew that thanks for the info

thanks for the info Arizael. I was actual making assumptions so I was not sure of what it really was. Just didn't seem right for them to get so much cores on non religion non culture places.

Perphiral cores are alright as they will be way hard to make integral if they are not the same culture and/or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizael View Post
    My dear sir. You are obviously deeply misinformed. Let me clarifie the Ottoman cores for you.

In MMtM in 1453 the Ottoman empire starts with cores on Bulgaria, Anatolia, Albania and Greece (most of it owned by them). These cores are quite reasonable and should belong to the OE.

The other cores in balkans and Hungary are special case. Long before Httt the team stood againts challenge: how to ensue plausible expansion of the big evil turk? The reason was to add TEMPORAL cores on neighbor nations. Why so? Bcs of the ai! Player do not recieves these cores. Ai however gets not only the cb but also the intention to go for it cores. When it obtaines them these cores are REMOVED.
    It really doesnt make sense for them to have cores in greece and the balkans,i would even mention constantinopel but it is the capital so... the point is that they are recently conquered lands.oh well

Europa Universalis IV

i believe the Infidel sultan claimed himself to be the Roman emperor so it would give him claims to these lands, however i can't believe the peoples of those lands actually like this. Neither do i see nationalist, only Ottoman revolutionaries. Like yeah right..

There was a huge thread on this - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?600210

One of the answers was:

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    Now to address the possibilities of the OE both under the player and the AI.

My playtesting (starting with the 1453 campaign date) has shown the following:

For the player, the Ottoman Empire is a challenge to accomplish what was done historically. All of the historical gains, with the exception of the Crimea/Black Sea tutelage and perhaps the Persian excursions should be attainable although it is highly doubtful it can be done within the same timeframe as done historically. The main reason this is the case is that the mechanics and systems are not yet developed and deployed. Once everything in my vision has been developed and deployed, I see a super-nova expansion and burn-out as possible and plausible. The Crimea experience will also be influenced by the current Tribal mechanics as deployed by Jun; this presents additional difficulty for the player in achieving the pinnacle of success as shown in your cited maps.

For the AI, the Ottoman Empire has a core emphasis on expanding and holding the core that stayed under Ottoman rule for the majority of the game's time-frame. For those familiar with the mod, there should be better penetration of the Balkans then before, with a more stable presence established in the Southern "Hungarian" lands (as they begin the 1453 campaign). Egypt has always been a focus and will remain so. North Africa results have been mixed so far - I have not delved much here yet to provide insight or analysis yet. Persia is both a tantalizing fruit, low to the ground for easy picking, and a potential quagmire, ready to drain the armies of the Sultan of their blood in the sands of the Iranian deserts. The AI for the most part, plays conservative on the eastern borders and so the behavior has been quite plausible.

I hope this helps and answers questions you and others have.
    "Was ich besitze, seh ich wie im Weiten; Und was verschwand, wird mir zu Wirklichkeiten" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So, hi to the really few guys who check this forum sometimes,
    first, i know that i´ll sound like some complete fanboy, which i´m not. I´m very satisfied with the announcment of EU IV, but the historical accuracy of MM, would´ve been just awesome
    second, i´m sure that "some" admin will delete that fast, but who cars.
    i still have to ask around if anybody has heard why the UVforums are down. i lost nearly all my hope for an release, but as long the UVforums were up, atleast one spark of hope remained.

P.S: I´m using this thread because it is one of the very less threads, which is still open.
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Before you posted I didn't see any threads open, but I saw the UV forums were down too. Maybe PM Ubik?
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Before you posted I didn't see any threads open, but I saw the UV forums were down too. Maybe PM Ubik?
    he´s not on since 2 months, and i don´t think that he will return soon.
    And, i just checked the normal website, it´s down too.
    it looks now, that he capitulated quietly.

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k club

He has certainly not been gone from the net for two months, I saw him writing stuff in the UV forums only some days ago. Although it's strange that the UV forums are down, and no reason whatsoever (as far as I am aware) has been given.
    My attempt on an AAR! (Just begun!)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-A-Swedish-AAR

I meant he is gone here, and becuase the UV forums are down, i can´t contact him.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k club

I see. I thought, since you said he had "captitulated quietly", that you meant he had not said anything anywhere for two months. My mistake.

No, i meant, that he just closed the UV forums now, without an big discussion about it.

500k club

That is indeed strange

Yes, it is, i hoped that he would atleast make some announcment in the UVForum before shutting it down and giving up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast