• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(487359)

Recruit
2 Badges
May 6, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Playing as Holland and have found these rebels won’t stop rebelling on mass until they have turned the country from:
Absolute monarchy > HM Monarchy > Democracy.

At Democracy they calm down but no longer can I change Gov type to improve my industry. Any way to calm these devils down?

What are thoughts on fighting them each time they rebel, considering the significant pop loss in my main provinces (which will also hurt industry)?

Notice I don't give a dam about their human rights, devil take them!

That's because at first you have the liberal agitation modifers. They're supposed to get pissed at you. If you keep slaughtering them, you'll eventually get the 'End of the Revolution' event. That's not to say that you can keep up the absolute monarchy indefinitely as a european nation... your people will be getting increasingly liberal as time passes and they'll also want voting rights.

'Landed voting' is a central topic for Jacobins. If you give your people landed voting and other reforms Jacobins will slow down and eventually vanish. Having a democracy is not enough. You have to do further reforms, too!

I find they can be stopped if you have Infantry, Artillery, Tanks, Planes, Machine Guns, and Poison Gas.

Your king has divine right to rule, therefore, kill everyone who revolt against you.

Jacobins aren't that dangerous IF the Liberal Revolution is over. And if the revolution is current still affecting you, then take advantage of it and pass reforms while the conservatives are feeling pliant.

I've had plenty of luck passing all political reforms and remaining an HMs government, so I don't know what this "turning into a democracy doesn't work" is all about. Just keep passing the reforms they want (not just any reforms) and you should be fine. And even if you pass 100% of political reforms, you should still remain an HMs government. If you turn into a democracy, it sounds like Jacobins overthrew your government.

And remember that not all democracies are not created equal. You can have democracies that lack some political reforms (like the USA in 1836). POPs want specific reforms; if the government is a monarchy, democracy, or a 9th Century feudal state, it doesn't matter. They want a specific reform, and you have to pass it or face revolts.

It helps to make sure your POPs are getting their needs, though. If they are getting their needs, then their militancy stays low and substantially slows the formation of reform movements. If the reform movements are weak, then they are easier to gun down.