+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing as the Pope

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Playing as the Pope

I am currently playing as the Pope on Crusader Kings 2, and I've noticed that the Church's Authority is fairly low. Is there any way to get it higher? Also, is there any way to call crusades, like AI popes do? So far, being the Pope is fairly generic, just you get notifications every second. Does it bring about any unique positives?

EDIT: What happens if you become a heretic as the Pope?

EDIT 2: I just experimented transforming myself into a heretic using cheats... what happened next was pretty retarded: I found out that I was a heretic, told my Court Chaplain about this, he sent a letter to me telling me that I was a heretic, I chose to believe him and branded myself a heretic. Dude what.
    Last edited by MyFaceBurns; 17-06-2012 at 22:38.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM MEANT TO WRITE HERE

From the looks of it from the outside a Crusade is just a Holy War Casus Belli with extra jazz. Check if you can do a Holy War on the Muslims and see what happens. Though I question how you're playing as him.

Captain
    EU3 Complete

You can crusade, but not always. I think you need to wait 30 years into the game or so until you can call the first crusade, but I know that it is definitely possible.

Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    From the looks of it from the outside a Crusade is just a Holy War Casus Belli with extra jazz. Check if you can do a Holy War on the Muslims and see what happens. Though I question how you're playing as him.
    I chose to play as the Pope's only vassal in 1066, then I overthrew him and placed myself in as the Pope. I'll also try using a Holy War Casus Belli now.

Quote Originally Posted by leksu View Post
    You can crusade, but not always. I think you need to wait 30 years into the game or so until you can call the first crusade, but I know that it is definitely possible.
    Ah right. I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Okay, I've waited until exactly 1100CE, and no Crusades event has popped up. Should I carry on waiting or what? Also, since when has a Bishopric been the wrong holding type for a Pope? Seriously. The game's telling me that Rome is not suitable for the Pope to control directly! I'm also being continually harassed by the Republics of Genoa and Pisa, and no one gives a shit about whether the powerhouse of Catholic Europe is being raped or not. I tried Bloodly's idea too, but I just got raped by Muslims when I entered a war and no one helped me out. I honestly think if the Muslims took over Rome, no one would care. That gives me an idea...

Captain
    EU3 Complete

I don't know. I am never able to call crusades when I become pope in the beginning of the game, but if I attain the title after having played a while already, I normal can call crusades. I don't know how long you have to wait or what triggers the possibility of calling crusades, though.

+ Reply to Thread