Thread: Thinking of buying

Thinking of buying

So I just read a review on this game and am considering purchasing it. The review was about a year old, but it pointed out some really ridiculous'y long processing times between each turn. So Im just wondering if that is still true today, or if they have patched it up to make it run quicker?

Also, are there quality mods available for the game? Lame rules about having to register the game before viewing the mod forum, so I can't check them out beforehand myself.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

It still takes a few minutes to process turns.

Some people are working on mods.
    Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves

Yeah, still significant delays between turns. Registration rules are inconvenient, no doubt about it, but they're there to discourage piracy so you can understand the need for them.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    So even with say i5-2500 it would take a pair of minutes between turns? Does turbing a processor helps? Or is it pretty much the same regardless of processing power?

I have an old machine and it is much slower. Some people reported under 2 minutes (!), mine gets near enough to 9-10 that I find something else to do in parallel. There are just a LOT of calculations, particularly for the military AI, which is the bulk of the time. That suggests that faster proceessing is a part of it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garnet View Post
    I have an old machine and it is much slower. Some people reported under 2 minutes (!), mine gets near enough to 9-10 that I find something else to do in parallel. There are just a LOT of calculations, particularly for the military AI, which is the bulk of the time. That suggests that faster proceessing is a part of it.
    Indeed, there are a lot of calculations being done on every AI-nation on the game... specially, if all the world is at war later in the game. One of the most time consuming activities of the AI is "path-finding".
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008