• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, I understand effective IC.

What I meant to ask is, "If a province is not a core, but contains IC, can I utilize it to spawn supply?" And the answer is, "Yes, prorated by the same modifiers for effective IC, meaning that occupation policy has a subsidiary impact on this whole business.

Also remember that annexed uses that nationalism equation and revoltrisk/suppression can assist occupied territories numbers.

Yes but there has been no blood shed or sarcasm thrown in this thread yet - it's unique!!! :)

HA! Yeah, I think we’ve all banded together against a common enemy.

The Supply Gremlins.

Nasty little buggers.

But there are a few people on here who really know how it works.

In particular, my saviour, CplKatie.

Thanks to him/her (?) I hardly have to bother with supply convoys to Australia or half of mainland Asia anymore. I’ve freed-up about 40 freighters!

Three of which are shipping fuel TO the USA! How's that for Japan :cool:

My supply is still fluctuating wildly though. From +450 to -450 or -500. On an almost daily basis. Not good & I can’t figure out why. I’m guessing that it’s because I’ve got a large (5 corps?) fast moving army in Saudi Arabia & Iraq (quite a long way from Japan) that some days capture supplies & some days don’t. My slider says I need about 70 IC but I’ve got it set at about 50. My available supplies are more or less stable at about 10,000. But when I look at the breakdown there’s hundreds shipped out, hundreds put in to the network & hundreds returned to stockpile. The one number that remains stable is Used at a rather inconspicuous 2.89. What?:blink:

But I love this game. And the forum and the people in it are brilliant. :D

HA! Yeah, I think we’ve all banded together against a common enemy.

The Supply Gremlins.

Nasty little buggers.

But there are a few people on here who really know how it works.

In particular, my saviour, CplKatie.

Thanks to him/her (?) I hardly have to bother with supply convoys to Australia or half of mainland Asia anymore. I’ve freed-up about 40 freighters!

Three of which are shipping fuel TO the USA! How's that for Japan :cool:

My supply is still fluctuating wildly though. From +450 to -450 or -500. On an almost daily basis. Not good & I can’t figure out why. I’m guessing that it’s because I’ve got a large (5 corps?) fast moving army in Saudi Arabia & Iraq (quite a long way from Japan) that some days capture supplies & some days don’t. My slider says I need about 70 IC but I’ve got it set at about 50. My available supplies are more or less stable at about 10,000. But when I look at the breakdown there’s hundreds shipped out, hundreds put in to the network & hundreds returned to stockpile. The one number that remains stable is Used at a rather inconspicuous 2.89. What?:blink:

But I love this game. And the forum and the people in it are brilliant. :D

Used is the demand that reaches the capital via land. Picturing your game as my own...its likely just the demand of your troops sitting in tokyo, most of nagasaki's demands are met via the IC provinces between it and the capital and rarely needs supply from the stockpile. More often than not, In most japan games where all of china is ours, the majority of your supply deploys off the mainland thanks to korea and annexed china. I actually find it hard at times to keep the capital stockpile full when I'm playing checkers in the pacific.

I actually find it hard at times to keep the capital stockpile full when I'm playing checkers in the pacific.

Ah, well. I’ve got a strategy for that too.

I put a fleet in an island port until the supplies are full, then move the fleet on to the next island and the next, filling them all up with supplies as I go but not garrisoning them at all. So the supplies just sit there, until I need them.

Transport planes, CAGs, TACs, all are good for this too. Anything that’s easy to move & creates a demand really. :cool:

Ah, well. I’ve got a strategy for that too.

I put a fleet in an island port until the supplies are full, then move the fleet on to the next island and the next, filling them all up with supplies as I go but not garrisoning them at all. So the supplies just sit there, until I need them.

Transport planes, CAGs, TACs, all are good for this too. Anything that’s easy to move & creates a demand really. :cool:

Oh lordy, they game really needs to give the player a lot more control on how and where supplies should be moved. If people are resorting to these types of shenanigans.

Oh lordy, they game really needs to give the player a lot more control on how and where supplies should be moved. If people are resorting to these types of shenanigans.

:D

Well, even if they’d let me fill up some of my transports with supplies so that I could have them sit off shore until I needed them (LIRL) I wouldn’t have to game the system to get it to do what was actually done.

Or is this another un-fair advantage a CBLF has over the AI?

Yup.

Each tiny island is its own little Land Mass :D

Not quite placeable supply dumps, you’d need to move the islands for that, but with “inflatable” ports for those that don’t already have one, it certainly helps. :cool:

Its called a 'workaround'! :p

Hey CplKatie why don't you do a detailed explanation-session on how supply works in Hoi3;). Sounds like you really understand it and have the ability to explain it. I have not yet been able to find any documentation that explains this subject adequately and in a manner that the can be readily grasped.

Hey CplKatie why don't you do a detailed explanation-session on how supply works in Hoi3;). Sounds like you really understand it and have the ability to explain it. I have not yet been able to find any documentation that explains this subject adequately and in a manner that the can be readily grasped.

Because the post would turn into a debate. I've had 2 very bad experiences with starting posts about game mechanics. People love to counter with stupid scenarios, and crunch numbers that have no value on my points. It becomes a challenge to 'speak' louder than the distracters and its just not worth the effort. I'd much rather cherry pick the people who post legitimate supply problems, because my advice for them can and does make sense to THEM, and regardless of what is posted, the OP can always leave the thread knowing that I was right and that people just dont get it but love to talk about it anyway.