+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trading hastens faction invite and tag switching query

trading hastens faction invite and tag switching query

Hi guys,

Started a '36 campaign with Bulgaria and immediately aligned towards axis. By Jan '37 I was in Axis. I don't remember ever being able to join so quickly.. I had a few trade deals with Germany running so I was wondering if improved relations (trading) brought my invite forward?? Or is there just an average wait time for specific countries?

As soon as I got it I raced troops into position and initiated a desperate, 6 month, no tech, no manpower fight to the death with Greece. Was awesome.

Now that Greece is subdued I'm thinking about other minor contributions I can make to the greater war effort. I'd like to 'try' an take Malta. But obviously I'll need a combined operation with Italian air and naval units.

I haven't done 'tag-switching' thingy yet and am struggling to find instructions. Could someone point me in the right direction??

Thx in advance

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

There are 2 factors that I definitely know of that decide invites. Your position in the triangle(drift) and your neutrality vs highest threat calculation. Trading with a faction member will generate a small amount of drift towards them. No matter the amount of units traded you get the same base drift so doing tons of tiny trades can get you to drift fast but sadly, your limiting factor almost always is your neutrality/threat.

cool, thx.

I did prioritise getting 10 spies into Greece to increase their threat.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Your relation to the faction leader (and maybe other members) modifies the rate at which you drift to a particular faction. If you trade extensively with one faction, it drives up your relations with them, causing more drift.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

+ Reply to Thread