• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(264944)

Private
6 Badges
Feb 8, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
Is there any way to do this? As an Irish duke, I've managed to capture over half of the island and proclaimed myself the King of Ireland. I now have de jure claims on the rest of the island, but the damn Welsh got to the north first. I can take them just fine, but they have 3 territories. I of course have de jure claims on all of them, but I'd have to fight three consecutive wars just to take them. Is there any system like in Victoria II where you can add extra war goals as the war continues?

Sadly no.

But if they had a Duke of Ulster (I assume by North you mean Ulster), you should be able to claim the entire Duchy as a CB. I know I did it with Normandy as France.

Sadly no.

But if they had a Duke of Ulster (I assume by North you mean Ulster), you should be able to claim the entire Duchy as a CB. I know I did it with Normandy as France.
This is how the diplomatic situation looks
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578959145566247189/DF186CEA1E9F1BEB783A94CF421FF18AC6EFF010/

They seem to be in a war with the ruler of Tyrconnell, so I can't claim that without getting in their way. If I usurp their duchy title, I won't gain anything, as I already have de jure claims on those lands. I don't see what else you mean by claiming an "entire duchy". These are the only CBs I have.

Well, when Normandy seceded from me as France, I got a CB called "claim Normandy". The entire Duchy.

So, either I got this because Normandy was a formed duchy and not in my realm, or because they left my realm. Or both, I'm not entirely sure.

Check if they've formed the Duke of Ulster, if they have then I don't know what to say besides you'll have to do it piece by piece. Alternatively, you can marry someone with a claim on Gwynedd and press their claim. The territories will either be freed or become part of the new duchess' realm. Which you'll inherit of course. If they go free, then that's 4 wars against 4 counts and you can do them all at the same time.

If you have a little patience, and your Chancellor is good enough, send him to Fabricate Claims on each of the counties the Welsh hold. While you have de jure claims, those are specifically made to be one-at-a-time conquests, while having actual fabricated claims allow you to "Press All Claims" in a declaration of war. It may take a few years to get all the claims in place, but it's a hell of a lot faster than waiting out each truce or eating the prestige hit for breaking truces.

If you have a little patience, and your Chancellor is good enough, send him to Fabricate Claims on each of the counties the Welsh hold. While you have de jure claims, those are specifically made to be one-at-a-time conquests, while having actual fabricated claims allow you to "Press All Claims" in a declaration of war. It may take a few years to get all the claims in place, but it's a hell of a lot faster than waiting out each truce or eating the prestige hit for breaking truces.

This. With a 25+ chancellor, it's actually relatively easy and quick.

Well, when Normandy seceded from me as France, I got a CB called "claim Normandy". The entire Duchy.

So, either I got this because Normandy was a formed duchy and not in my realm, or because they left my realm. Or both, I'm not entirely sure.

Check if they've formed the Duke of Ulster, if they have then I don't know what to say besides you'll have to do it piece by piece. Alternatively, you can marry someone with a claim on Gwynedd and press their claim. The territories will either be freed or become part of the new duchess' realm. Which you'll inherit of course. If they go free, then that's 4 wars against 4 counts and you can do them all at the same time.

I'm pretty sure you got this because they left the realm. You get a personal claim when something leaves the realm. De jure claims are always at the county level, not the ducal level.

To the OP, go to the screen for the duchy of Ulster and click the "claimants" button. See if there are any claimants who you can invite to your court. Since you're the de jure liege if you press their claims you get the duchy.