• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lastworkivy

Corporal
23 Badges
Sep 19, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hey guys, I am playing as the King of Navarra and I think that I have done alright expanding into the Spain.

However before I can gain more territories the HRE comes in and eats up a huge portion of Muslim Spain.

And now Iberia has no muslim states at all. I need help before HRE gets mroe of my territories (I have ceded two counties to them already)

Take a look guys

2012-06-17_00001.jpg

Wouldn't it be better to conquer a country in Flanders instead so you can swear fealty that way?

He still wouldn't be able to swear fealty.

His King title makes him too high up. If he were a count in flanders and nothing more, or the Duke, that would be different. Again, only de jure Kingdoms of the HRE or ERE can swear fealty to the Empire.

I imagine it was to avoid people swearing fealty as France to the HRE and dominating it from the inside.

He still wouldn't be able to swear fealty.

His King title makes him too high up. If he were a count in flanders and nothing more, or the Duke, that would be different. Again, only de jure Kingdoms of the HRE or ERE can swear fealty to the Empire.

I imagine it was to avoid people swearing fealty as France to the HRE and dominating it from the inside.

That's where the "destroy title" option that will arrive with 1.06 comes in handy?

Wow that's a monster HRE. I bet it began expanding so much after inheiriting Hungary, with so much levies to call on the emperor probably didn't worry about his neighbors while he waged war over sea.

The HRE will only be able to take one county at a time every 10 years if it decides it wants to devour your kingdom. Which i doubt it will do.

Start trying to assassinate/plot to kill or excommunicate the emperors. Giving different dynasties claims on the HRE may cause some nice rebellions. Join in on one of the stronger rebel wars and help him win independence.

IF you are playing in 1.05 , the Empire is about to face a series of near permanent "distant" realm independence wars. They will win because he can't march his armies there and stop all of them , then a few years later he will Reclaim them with his claims. You will be fairly safe for a long time to come , and you can even take advantage of some of the rebels.

IF you are playing before 1.05 , where the Empire is a brick , you are screwed xD. But the game was ultra easy to holy war before 1.05 , so you can always go take Persia or something.