+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help on how to stop the HRE from gobbling me up

Need help on how to stop the HRE from gobbling me up

Hey guys, I am playing as the King of Navarra and I think that I have done alright expanding into the Spain.

However before I can gain more territories the HRE comes in and eats up a huge portion of Muslim Spain.

And now Iberia has no muslim states at all. I need help before HRE gets mroe of my territories (I have ceded two counties to them already)

Take a look guys

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-17_00001.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	655.2 KB
ID:	56503

I'd consider swearing fealty to HRE and capture the rest of Iberia from within

For some reason there is no "Swear Fealty" option in the Emperor's character menu

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-17_00002.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	56506

I neeeeeeeeed help, I am so attached to my kingdom I dont want it to fall

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by lastworkivy View Post
    I neeeeeeeeed help, I am so attached to my kingdom I dont want it to fall
    Marry a daughter or Sister of the emperor
    Because relatives of him are married to you he shouldn't be able to attack you.
    Thats my help in a case of danger, the emperor hates me -100
    But I married his daughter...

As a king, you can't swear fealty to the Kaiser unless he's your dejure Liege.

You're totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvius View Post
    Marry a daughter or Sister of the emperor
    Because relatives of him are married to you he shouldn't be able to attack you.
    Thats my help in a case of danger, the emperor hates me -100
    But I married his daughter...
    Thanks doux (dude) ! Will try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by justin6477 View Post
    As a king, you can't swear fealty to the Kaiser unless he's your dejure Liege.

You're totally screwed.
    If I am totally screwed I guess it will be the start of the fall of the Kingdom of Navarra

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by lastworkivy View Post
    If I am totally screwed I guess it will be the start of the fall of the Kingdom of Navarra
    Try to conquer a country of the Irish Men

In Case thath the HRE conquers your Navarra you are still King
    And the Game isn't over, just a second start

Wouldn't it be better to conquer a country in Flanders instead so you can swear fealty that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to conquer a country in Flanders instead so you can swear fealty that way?
    He still wouldn't be able to swear fealty.

His King title makes him too high up. If he were a count in flanders and nothing more, or the Duke, that would be different. Again, only de jure Kingdoms of the HRE or ERE can swear fealty to the Empire.

I imagine it was to avoid people swearing fealty as France to the HRE and dominating it from the inside.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

He;d need to create the kingdom of Frisia to do that.

Thanks dude, I'll try this as well

Crusader Kings II

To Conquer an Irish country would be an better choice because the Irish Island is splittet, he could take Ulster or Connacht.
    That shouldn't be so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by justin6477 View Post
    He still wouldn't be able to swear fealty.

His King title makes him too high up. If he were a count in flanders and nothing more, or the Duke, that would be different. Again, only de jure Kingdoms of the HRE or ERE can swear fealty to the Empire.

I imagine it was to avoid people swearing fealty as France to the HRE and dominating it from the inside.
    That's where the "destroy title" option that will arrive with 1.06 comes in handy?

To Conquer an Irish country would be an better choice because the Irish Island is splittet, he could take Ulster or Connacht.
    That shouldn't be so hard.
    Yeah I guess I should have a county on the Irish area just in case. Besides they seem pretty split up in my game

Second Lieutenant Zmieczemiogniem's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Wow that's a monster HRE. I bet it began expanding so much after inheiriting Hungary, with so much levies to call on the emperor probably didn't worry about his neighbors while he waged war over sea.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Get the HRE excommunicated, that usually does the trick. And if you cant, assianate until they get a real bad ruler.

The HRE will only be able to take one county at a time every 10 years if it decides it wants to devour your kingdom. Which i doubt it will do.

Start trying to assassinate/plot to kill or excommunicate the emperors. Giving different dynasties claims on the HRE may cause some nice rebellions. Join in on one of the stronger rebel wars and help him win independence.

IF you are playing in 1.05 , the Empire is about to face a series of near permanent "distant" realm independence wars. They will win because he can't march his armies there and stop all of them , then a few years later he will Reclaim them with his claims. You will be fairly safe for a long time to come , and you can even take advantage of some of the rebels.

IF you are playing before 1.05 , where the Empire is a brick , you are screwed xD. But the game was ultra easy to holy war before 1.05 , so you can always go take Persia or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast