• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alweth

Sergeant
71 Badges
Jan 2, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Magicka
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Dungeonland
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
I am playing as the king of Norway and Denmark. I have just, for the second time, uncovered a plot by my wife to kill our youngest son. He's 7 years old and the only thing about him of note is that he's the heir to one little county that has no other claimants. All of my wife's other children are from the same marriage, so I don't see an angle there.

Please tell me that this is a bug or why this would make any sense.

Does she have any traits like lunatic or possessed?

Also, I believe sometimes the mothers and wives will try and do things to help their sons/husbands. She's probably trying to knock off a pretender. I can't tell you how many times the wife/spymaster of a count in a nearby duchy is trying to murder me or my heir as a way for their husbands to take more power.

She's not lunatic or possessed, nor does she have any other kind of crazy.

Yes, I am in Gavelkind, but like I said, he's only heir to one county. He's the 4th son, for goodness' sake. That's not a reason for a woman to kill her child, especially given that her husband and king keeps telling her to stop.

She's not lunatic or possessed, nor does she have any other kind of crazy.

Yes, I am in Gavelkind, but like I said, he's only heir to one county. He's the 4th son, for goodness' sake. That's not a reason for a woman to kill her child, especially given that her husband and king keeps telling her to stop.

Yeah, no. She's definitely playing favorites and trying to secure a cleaner succession.

That countess I mentioned earlier? Her husband didn't even have a claim on my duchy or any of my territories. He stood to inherit nothing but a mild power vacuum (he was a one province count btw while I was a 5 province duke) as my heir started rebuilding. Yet, that was enough for her to repeatedly try to kill me.

Have a little of imagination: maybe this woman doubts this child's parenthood, or maybe she has never actually cared about him because she looked at her funny.

There's a thousand reasons why you (you) would not like someone, even though he's your son (a son that has been given milk by another woman, that has almost never been there with you and with whom you've never played with). Pick yours!

This game is less fun if you don't add a bit of drama, the AI can be very boring at times.

Have a little of imagination: maybe this woman doubts this child's parenthood, or maybe she has never actually cared about him because she looked at her funny.

There's a thousand reasons why you (you) would not like someone, even though he's your son (a son that has been given milk by another woman, that has almost never been there with you and with whom you've never played with). Pick yours!

This game is less fun if you don't add a bit of drama, the AI can be very boring at times.

+1

I dont THINK the AI assassinates to prevent division of titles due to Gavelkind.

But I sure do. :cool:

(Making second sons bishops is usually better tho.. marry them first too so they keep expanding the Dynasty)

Once my oldest son assassinated all his other brothers (5 or so), kinslayer trait and all. I had gavelkind. Coincidence? I think not.

I have seen some really dumb things from the ai. But i don't think ive seen the ai try kill a son of mine that was also her BLOOD (not a bastard). And i pretty much never play with Gavelkind. So i think its probably related. Infact if you ever plot to have someone killed , the mother will NEVER back the plot because (close family member) -----. So this seems strange to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, shouldn't she know the parentage of the child with a fair amount of certainty?

I dont THINK the AI assassinates to prevent division of titles due to Gavelkind.

But I sure do. :cool:

(Making second sons bishops is usually better tho.. marry them first too so they keep expanding the Dynasty)

They do. My vassal Duke of Cairo when on a killing spree to ensure that his heir would get the entirety of his dynasty's holdings. Then his heir died...

That countess I mentioned earlier? Her husband didn't even have a claim on my duchy or any of my territories. He stood to inherit nothing but a mild power vacuum (he was a one province count btw while I was a 5 province duke) as my heir started rebuilding. Yet, that was enough for her to repeatedly try to kill me.

This isn't even remotely the same thing as a woman trying to assassinate her own 7 year-old son.

By the way, she did it again. That's 3 times, that I know of.