+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Wife Keeps Trying to Kill Our Youngest Child... WHAT?!?

Exclamation My Wife Keeps Trying to Kill Our Youngest Child... WHAT?!?

I am playing as the king of Norway and Denmark. I have just, for the second time, uncovered a plot by my wife to kill our youngest son. He's 7 years old and the only thing about him of note is that he's the heir to one little county that has no other claimants. All of my wife's other children are from the same marriage, so I don't see an angle there.

Please tell me that this is a bug or why this would make any sense.

Does she have any traits like lunatic or possessed?

Also, I believe sometimes the mothers and wives will try and do things to help their sons/husbands. She's probably trying to knock off a pretender. I can't tell you how many times the wife/spymaster of a count in a nearby duchy is trying to murder me or my heir as a way for their husbands to take more power.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Gavelkind?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

She's not lunatic or possessed, nor does she have any other kind of crazy.

Yes, I am in Gavelkind, but like I said, he's only heir to one county. He's the 4th son, for goodness' sake. That's not a reason for a woman to kill her child, especially given that her husband and king keeps telling her to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by spinoza013 View Post
    Gavelkind?
    I dont THINK the AI assassinates to prevent division of titles due to Gavelkind.

But I sure do.

(Making second sons bishops is usually better tho.. marry them first too so they keep expanding the Dynasty)

Quote Originally Posted by Alweth View Post
    She's not lunatic or possessed, nor does she have any other kind of crazy.

Yes, I am in Gavelkind, but like I said, he's only heir to one county. He's the 4th son, for goodness' sake. That's not a reason for a woman to kill her child, especially given that her husband and king keeps telling her to stop.
    Yeah, no. She's definitely playing favorites and trying to secure a cleaner succession.

That countess I mentioned earlier? Her husband didn't even have a claim on my duchy or any of my territories. He stood to inherit nothing but a mild power vacuum (he was a one province count btw while I was a 5 province duke) as my heir started rebuilding. Yet, that was enough for her to repeatedly try to kill me.

Forgetful troubadour Cèsar de Quart's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

El Pont de Mar Blava (Barcelona - Montpellier)
    Have a little of imagination: maybe this woman doubts this child's parenthood, or maybe she has never actually cared about him because she looked at her funny.

There's a thousand reasons why you (you) would not like someone, even though he's your son (a son that has been given milk by another woman, that has almost never been there with you and with whom you've never played with). Pick yours!

This game is less fun if you don't add a bit of drama, the AI can be very boring at times.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar de Quart View Post
    Have a little of imagination: maybe this woman doubts this child's parenthood, or maybe she has never actually cared about him because she looked at her funny.

There's a thousand reasons why you (you) would not like someone, even though he's your son (a son that has been given milk by another woman, that has almost never been there with you and with whom you've never played with). Pick yours!

This game is less fun if you don't add a bit of drama, the AI can be very boring at times.
    +1
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is he ginger? There's a casus belli right there.

Beautiful and Unique Snowflake Raczynski's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    I dont THINK the AI assassinates to prevent division of titles due to Gavelkind.

But I sure do.

(Making second sons bishops is usually better tho.. marry them first too so they keep expanding the Dynasty)
    Once my oldest son assassinated all his other brothers (5 or so), kinslayer trait and all. I had gavelkind. Coincidence? I think not.
    A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire.

I have seen some really dumb things from the ai. But i don't think ive seen the ai try kill a son of mine that was also her BLOOD (not a bastard). And i pretty much never play with Gavelkind. So i think its probably related. Infact if you ever plot to have someone killed , the mother will NEVER back the plot because (close family member) -----. So this seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar de Quart View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but, shouldn't she know the parentage of the child with a fair amount of certainty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalwhat View Post
    Is he ginger? There's a casus belli right there.
    +1

It is the logic I used to invade France as England. Nothing to do with the fact that they were set to inherit Scotland. (which is probably where he got his red hair from)

Dalwhat and chassepatrick, were the centuries of the genocide against the Irish not enough for you? Do you yearn to finish the job? That's what is sounds like to me.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindImpireMajesty II CollectionRome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post

But I sure do.

They do. My vassal Duke of Cairo when on a killing spree to ensure that his heir would get the entirety of his dynasty's holdings. Then his heir died...

Quote Originally Posted by justin6477 View Post
    That countess I mentioned earlier? Her husband didn't even have a claim on my duchy or any of my territories. He stood to inherit nothing but a mild power vacuum (he was a one province count btw while I was a 5 province duke) as my heir started rebuilding. Yet, that was enough for her to repeatedly try to kill me.
    This isn't even remotely the same thing as a woman trying to assassinate her own 7 year-old son.

By the way, she did it again. That's 3 times, that I know of.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindImpireMajesty II CollectionRome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Alweth View Post
    This isn't even remotely the same thing as a woman trying to assassinate her own 7 year-old son.

By the way, she did it again. That's 3 times, that I know of.
    She's just looking out for her favorite. It's normal. Most of the time wives don't do this, but yours does.

There's also a modifier for moral qualms in the game, isn't there? Maybe she's particularly amoral.

Quote Originally Posted by DominusNovus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but, shouldn't she know the parentage of the child with a fair amount of certainty?
    Not necessarily, especially if she's been sleeping around. Think about it.

my wife once tried to kill me.. she had no bad traits.. just hated me i guess

i ended up killing her instead MO HA HA

+ Reply to Thread