• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fernando Torres

Darkest Hour Game Designer
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2006
rayan-nezzar.fr
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
HOI2 CORE mod now converted to DH

Be aware that this is a very rough conversion that merely makes the mod playable (unzip in Mods folder).

See Hagar description:

The CORE team is pleased to present you:

CORE 0.4.1 for Armageddon

This release is our final release for Armageddon, as we will shift our full focus towards Arsenal of Democracy. Though basically a patch project, it does contain plenty of new material, including new events and a thoroughly revamped German leader & minister line-up. Including many, many painstakingly recolored leaders and ministers...

CORE 0.4.1 is designed to work with ARM patch 1.03b2

Version 0.4.1 has separate installers for the basic CORE game as well as installers for the CORE graphics add-ons. The CORE in Color graphics pack is exclusively designed to be used together with GIP (the latter installed in the Vanilla directory setup).

The checksum should be: FLIF

Notice to Steam users:
In order to be able to play CORE, please install the game using the installer, and then select:
Steam - Library, right click the game, properties, set launch options, type mod-CORE2.

Windows installer version - just select your HoI2 Armageddon directory:
CORE2 0.4.1 basic installer (27.45 MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE 0.4.1 Black & White graphics pack (138.53 MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.1 (176.77 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

And as a sneak preview of the COREd graphics:
Promo-041graphicspack.jpg

Link to old HOI2 subforum

For those who haven't played CORE, I can thoroughly recommend it. I doubt that this raw conversion will take full advantage of all the features that DH has to offer, but you'll still get to see what attention to detail and commitment to historical accuracy can do for a game.

For those who haven't played CORE, I can thoroughly recommend it. I doubt that this raw conversion will take full advantage of all the features that DH has to offer, but you'll still get to see what attention to detail and commitment to historical accuracy can do for a game.
Yep, the conversion does not take full advantage of DH features. I hope some modders looking for a project to start will take it over and develop these converted mods on DH engine.

Fernando Torres i find bugs: --- unknown technology component! (x #LD/INF),--- unknown technology component! (x #IND),--- unknown technology component! (21006),--- unknown technology component! (x #IND),--- unknown technology component! (x # IND),--- unknown technology component! (x # INF/LF),--- unknown technology component! (x # AD),--- unknown technology component! (5504), and theses
39fcf3ac0ec1.bmp
9822a11d971c.bmp

Last edited:
Yes but I am not going to fix these. As said, I only made the mods playable (and it was a heck of a work: there were tons of crashes on load I had to fix). Now that this first necessary/boring step is done, it's up to modders to take them over and keep developing these old HOI2 mods.
As for myself, I am 100% focused on delivering DH 1.03, I have no time to divert. Working on 1914 scenario enhancement atm. :)

Is it possible to instead port a more recent AOD version of core?
No, it's too complicated to convert from AOD version. They changed so many text strings and other stuffs that it's virtually days of work. I can't afford it.
DH is more mod-friendly and pays attention to mod compatibility, that's why it was easier and quicker.

Thank you for this! CORE was my favorite mod until Darkest Hour came out. Will this retain compatible when DH1.03 lands?