• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(458791)

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
I've probably got 500+ hours dedicated to this great game and all of the expansions, but I still have Questions!

While I wait for my councilor to fabricate multiple claims against say Hungry or Rus while I'm playing as Poland (and then pressing all of them at once at a later date), am I missing something for growth other than finding someone with claims on a nearby county, making him a count for my empire, and then pressing his claim?

I realize the idea of the game is not control the world, but why is it my fault that I want to have attractive and strong geniuses taking over the world that are of my dynasty?

Other question - is there a good mod that adds genetics continuing available? I like all the changes of CK2plus, but the game itself feels too stagnant and slow - amazing mod, but not for my recent games.

TIA!

If you're Poland, you should have no trouble with expanding. Simply select religious view of the map and you can claim Holy War against every county that's not Christian. You're SURROUNDED by heathens to your North and East. However, if you're asking about expanding against Christian nations, click on a county, on the window that shows up on the bottom left, click on the duchy's name below the county. A window should pop up and check the box labelled "de jure". Then I would suggest fabricating claims on a county whose duchy is two or three counties "de jure". Once you select half the de jure counties of a duchie, you can pay to create or ussurp the duchie and it will give you a Cassus Belli to select war against the remainder of the de jure counties of that duchy.

This will make it so you don't have to fabricate claims on every county you want to control. You could also click on counties or duchies you want to control, click on the icon for the countie and then select claimants to that holding. You can then invite claimants to your court and declare war in their name for holdings you would like to control. HOWEVER, you will only make that person your vassal at best. And they will only be your vassal if you're a higher rank than them (King vs. Duke, Duke vs. Count) and if they're either a member of your dyassty or a de jure member of a holding (inside of a Kingdom or Duchy you control).

It can all get pretty complicated, feel free to ask a question if you're confused or google "How the hell do you play Crusader Kings II" and read the Somthing Awful forums walk through.

Biggest turn off I've ever seen for Something Awful was asking for money to view content... on forums.

If I'm King of Poland, and he's duke of something in Hungary, he's worthless to me. That's my largest argument with expansion. I run out of new territories quickly. Those Pagan states I'm surrounded by as Poland unite and greet my force of 2k with a reinforced barbarian troup of 4-6k depending on year.

Those Pagan states I'm surrounded by as Poland unite and greet my force of 2k with a reinforced barbarian troup of 4-6k depending on year.

If you aren't strong enough to take them on then there are two ways around it.

The first is to attack one of them while their natural allies are at war. Generally AI countries are hesitant about joining a new war if they are in a war already.

The second is to use your royal marrages to form alliances with people nearby who can help you. At the start of the game as poland you can marry into the Salian's and then the Germans will help you out!

I repeat: go heretic. Wait until the HRE is embroiled in some war in North Africa, so all their doomstacks are off there, and the rest of the major Catholic kingdoms close to you are busy. Declare war on Hungary. Take a duchy. Break truce. Take another duchy. Rinse, repeat.

The best way is to marry yourself into claims. Marry either a daugter of some duke (always make sure the titles are agnatic-cognatic, agnatic doens't work for you unless you have female heir (matri-)married to a son of a duke), and press her claim to at least a white peace so your sons may later press the claim. Or then you could marry daughters of dukes to any members of your dynasty, then remember to press claims to white peace and then kill her once there are enough children and then press claim.

I repeat: go heretic. Wait until the HRE is embroiled in some war in North Africa, so all their doomstacks are off there, and the rest of the major Catholic kingdoms close to you are busy. Declare war on Hungary. Take a duchy. Break truce. Take another duchy. Rinse, repeat.

Meh thats the easy not fun way of expanding, imo half the fun is planning your dynasties marriages to get claims for duchies or kingdoms you want.

Meh thats the easy not fun way of expanding, imo half the fun is planning your dynasties marriages to get claims for duchies or kingdoms you want.

Easy after a point. At the start, it's breathtakingly risky. You have to be prepared to be wiped out! :) But with high risks, come high rewards!

Great ideas Emre and Zarky, I'll try it out heretic in a new game I think, and I will try to make some babies and press their claims I guess...

Any "Easy" way to scope out where you have claims on territories short of running around seeing whom/why you can declare on people?

I see a genetics thread on the first page, I guess I'll go there for further answers.

Any recommendations for mods? Like I said initially, I loved CK2s ambitions, just the balance seems

Key: If you go to your Ledger (one of the bottom right buttons) on about page 14 shows all your active claims (dynasty or otherwise)

Alternately if you go to diplomatic view you can hover your cursor over any territory and see any active cause belli