• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love this AAR, just read it whole at work :). Good learning material also, I am new to CK2. Keep it up!

HI ITS ME LEONARD. I MISS MY DAD. HE WAS A PIRATE. A REAL PIRATE!

HE HAD A WOOD LEG. I WANT A WOOD LEG WHEN I GROW UP.

shC5Z.jpg

SOME GUYS CAME TO MY HOUSE TODAY. THEY WERE PRETTY MAD AT ME. BUT I DIDN’T DO NOTHING, HONEST!

ANYWAYS THEY’LL BE NICE IF THEY GET MONEY. SO I GAVE THEM SOME TREASURE MAP DAD MADE. THEY WERE HAPPY AFTER THAT.

(Believe it or not, this is the first time this game I’ve had to bribe any of my vassals to get positive relations. Trust me, a heavy emphasis on Diplomacy skill for your ruler really helps out in getting people to like you!)

THAT RED PLACE IS SOME WAR DAD STARTED THATS STILL GOING ON. A POOPY GUY HAS SOME OF OUR LAND OR SOMETHING.

STOOPID IDIOT. HE SHOULD GIVE IT TO ME!!! I’M THE KING!!!!1!!

cekhk.jpg

0uacZ.jpg

HAHA, TAKE THAT POOPY GUY!

I GOT SOME MAIL FROM MR. BUMHEAD.

eFHjU.jpg

HE’S SUCH A STOOPID IDIOT TOO! STOOPID BUMHEAD SHOULD JUST BUTT OUT.

GET IT? HAHAHA EVERYONE ON THE COUNCIL LIKED THAT ONE TOO.

b0pIp.jpg

HEY, I KNOW THAT OTHER LITTLE GUY … ITS POOPY GUY!

GOSH WHAT A STOOPID IDIOT. DIDN’T HE KNOW I JUST BEAT HIM??

I WENT AND GAVE THE ARMY A PEP TALK.

qK2sb.jpg

THERE WERE A LOT OF THEM, BUT I WANT MORE! SO I GAVE MORE OF DAD’S TREASURE TO SOME MORE GUYS SO THEY WOULD FIGHT TOO.

OUR GUYS WON THE FIRST FIGHT WITH THE BAD GUYS. THOSE BAD GUYS REALLY GOT HURT, HAHAHA!

YvQ67.jpg

(I don’t normally post the battle results screen, but this one was pretty lopsided. Destroyed almost 90% of the enemy for a loss of <10% of our own troops; go Loon!)

HAHAHAHA MR. BUMHEAD DOESN’T HAVE AN ARMY ANYMORE!

WE ARE GOING TO TOTALLY BURN DOWN HIS CASTLES NOW!!

N40AM.jpg

WELL, THATS WHAT I SAID BUT THE STOOPID ROYAL STEWARD SAYS THERES NOT MONEY TO PAY THOSE EXTRA GUYS FOR VERY LONG.

AND I GUESS WE ALREADY PROVED THAT MR. BUMHEAD IS A BIG POOPY BUM GUY ANYWAYS.

Wsode.jpg

NOW IM KINDA TIRED. YAWN!

MY REGENT WANTED ME TO STUDY, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? WHAT A DUMMY.

I DONT NEED TO KNOW NOTHING ELSE. DIDNT HE JUST SEE ME WIN?

CfX2o.jpg

UHOH. THERE WAS SOME BAD NEWS FROM OUR GUYS DOWN IN SPAIN. THE MOORS ARE FIGHTING US.

rll1d.jpg

WHOA. THATS A LOT OF BAD GUYS!!!1!!

I KNOW WHAT TO DO THOUGH. MY GUYS ARE TOTALLY GONNA – OH WAIT A SEC…OUCH!

SOMETHINGS HAPPENING TO ME!! WHATS GOING ON??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH-

NXo4f.jpg

-hhhhh! Whoa, sorry bout that. What the heck was that? Oh wait a sec. I think I just turned 16!

Hmm, this is kind of nice! Hey, I didn’t turn out too bad after all!

Ok, where were we. Something important, hmmmm…what was it, what was it….

You know, I’m kind of drawing a blank here! Just one thing is coming to mind!

Girls.

I totally am needing a wife, pronto.

CbGZN.jpg

Ooh la la, c’mon over here, my little mon ami!

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER

Ahh. I needed that.

I remembered what was so important, too. Those nasty Moors were attacking us for the Duchies of Badajoz and Leon! Hey guys, we stole those from you in the Crusade, fair and square!

Unfortunately, the Moorish hordes are victorious. I’m still king of Leon, but the only county still under my control is Badajoz. Yowch!

All is not lost, though. There are still van Loons in charge of most of the counties we used to have. That’s good; I’m sure they’ll come back to the fold in no time.

PY2Jf.jpg

In an attempt to conform to the customs of their new overlords, these Dutch van Loons are now styling themselves as Moorish Sheikhs…

iFzKk.jpg

We van Loons are nothing if not adaptable.

Well, that war went pretty badly I guess, but who cares? Easy come, easy go, right? What really matters is your health. Right? And having a hot French wife, too, of course.

De7gI.jpg

Oh yeah, come on over here honey… mmmmmm.

See ya later everybody, we’ll be busy for a while…..

Life is just swell, ain’t it?

Last edited:
I loved this latest post.

Really. Whatever could go wrong?

When are your Loony monarchs going to take a wrong turn on the way to León and end up in Léon or Lyon?

Leonard has been so … well, mellow lately that he hasn’t quite bothered nominating an heir yet. The prize has defaulted to wee Ubert, but 2 years old.

However, now Leonard’s little brother, Peter, is 16 and quite capable, thank you very much. He will do nicely.

vjGDw.jpg

Sarrazine isn’t very happy with the whole deal, though.

3YIon.jpg

Gosh, if only they had sitcoms in the Middle Ages, this could have been quite a riot, I’m sure.

As it is, we can’t condone familial murders.

gwGhC.jpg

Hmmm. Don’t count on it, chicky baby.

Disgruntled and suspicious, Leonard spends less and less time in the royal bedchamber and focuses his energies elsewhere for a time. Maybe there is more to life than wine, women and song after all.

For one thing, there are our provinces down in Spain to win back from the nasty Moors!

Soon, a plan presents itself. A devious plan. Even (dare we say it?) ... a Loony plan.

UYluw.jpg

The (annoyingly powerful) Kaiser is fighting for Portugal. While the Moors are distracted, how about we sneak in, grab the Duchy of Badajoz, and then two-step outta there before anyone’s the wiser?

WpGsv.jpg

Mwahaha. Operation Spanish Rice is go, go, go!

We can’t lose, right? The Kaiser has, like 25000 guys in there to keep the Emir’s attention.

Hungry for victory, the Loonish Expeditionary Force sails for Lisboa.

gxQFj.jpg

Some of the Emir’s buddies have joined in the fray. And my “some” I of course mean a FREAKING TON!

A titanic struggle is imminent in Evora. The LEF marches onward, towards destiny...

Q86aU.jpg

Victory! …but unfortunately one of the pyrrhic variety.

R7EON.jpg

Not too long afterwards, there is nary a German in sight, and Moors everywhere…argh.

(That’s the Kaiser’s war for Portugal at 53% … and mine for Badajoz at -35% :( )

Needless to say, we suffer another devastating loss.

Adios, Espana. I think we’re done with you.

Towards the end of the Badajoz Fiasco, Leonard gets a message from Rome. Perhaps the Pope is proclaiming words of comfort to aid us in our struggle against the heathen, or maybe even supplying some sort of financial aid?

hftHz.jpg

Excommunicated?! What a load of ….. Who does this Markward guy think he is? And what kind of name is Markward??

H8x1N.jpg

Hmmph. This little squirt ain’t worth the time.

yeZMJ.jpg

We bribe the Pope and get an immediate peace.

Well, this has been a wholly unproductive and disappointing decade.

But then, Leonard turns it right around.

UPQkK.jpg

Fighting on orders of mein Kaiser, Leonard gets maimed…just like dear old Dad!

Awwww….it’s even the same leg!

Last edited:
It seems I have some reading to catch up on Rotergeist :) Been gone for a bit and need to go back and read all of this...seems to be as good as when it started though, so keep up the good work!!! :)

I guess he will drop dead soon too...

Well, too bad in losing against the Moors. This AAR is entertaining nonetheless, so good luck.