• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 15, 2007
I just found out, that finland mission gives you -4 infamy, for nothing - it needs you to own any province that is part of finland, and not be at war with sweden. So each time you fight with sweden, you lose 4 infamy after war is ended, so you can just conquer provinces eslewhere and use this to lower your infamy. Combined with the fact russia starts in good position to conquer all the hordes, and wage holy wars in asia, this makes me think, that russia is one of the best nation to make a world conquest in 5.1. Propably this will be fixed somehow in 5.2 (like, needing you to own WHOLE finland), but for now it is great thing for those wanting to make a WC.

Whaddayyathink?

In the current 5.2 beta you can't get the mission if you own a province of Finland and the reward is cores instead of infamy reduction.

I just found out, that finland mission gives you -4 infamy, for nothing - it needs you to own any province that is part of finland, and not be at war with sweden. So each time you fight with sweden, you lose 4 infamy after war is ended, so you can just conquer provinces eslewhere and use this to lower your infamy. Combined with the fact russia starts in good position to conquer all the hordes, and wage holy wars in asia, this makes me think, that russia is one of the best nation to make a world conquest in 5.1. Propably this will be fixed somehow in 5.2 (like, needing you to own WHOLE finland), but for now it is great thing for those wanting to make a WC.

Whaddayyathink?
You can do similar things with vassalization missions. Just keep vassalizing and unvassalizing.

You can do similar things with vassalization missions. Just keep vassalizing and unvassalizing.

Well good point, but it is more random, and this mission is quite frequent if you fight sweden.

In the current 5.2 beta you can't get the mission if you own a province of Finland and the reward is cores instead of infamy reduction.

Well great XD. This is nice because cores are good anyway.