+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) States Mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Perhaps you'd want to consider appropriating Japan's daimyo/shogunate system. Make a small OPM Washington D.C. as the "Emperor," and make each state a daimyo. Then each state could vie for dominance of North America and form the U.S.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Crater122 View Post
    Perhaps you'd want to consider appropriating Japan's daimyo/shogunate system. Make a small OPM Washington D.C. as the "Emperor," and make each state a daimyo. Then each state could vie for dominance of North America and form the U.S.
    This is a nice idea actuall

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Alternatively, maybe just have washington as an opm with all the countries as vassals. You could even make the election event randomly choose between Republicans or Democrats based on sliders - ie if you're high Serfdom and Narrowmindedness then it would go for Republicans, if you're Free Subjects and Innovative it would go for Democrats.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by BrawijayaV View Post
    Yep. The more to the west it gets, the more vague it is. Very good progress though!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by gav1230 View Post
    This looks awesome. Are the States tribal governments or are they westernized at the start?
    As of right now, they are basically small versions of 1776 United States, so westernized.
    Quote Originally Posted by discoarsonist View Post
    As far as not liking Death and Taxes, I'm pretty sure the map Death and Taxes uses is Devlet-i Ali Osman, so you could probably just use that, since I'm pretty sure they have a map only download. Or maybe D&T diverged away from Devlet-i Ali Osman in the map of America but they are associated with them so it's worth a shot.
    I looked at em both. Honestly, the main problem is not the shape of the states, but rather the wastelands.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    D&T uses DaO for Europe and the middle east, but it has a lot of alterations and is completely different outside of Europe/Middle-East.
    Yeah, you can see the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater122 View Post
    That, is actually a very stellar idea! Not very sure about how I could implement that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Yes, indeed it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Alternatively, maybe just have washington as an opm with all the countries as vassals. You could even make the election event randomly choose between Republicans or Democrats based on sliders - ie if you're high Serfdom and Narrowmindedness then it would go for Republicans, if you're Free Subjects and Innovative it would go for Democrats.
    Well, maybe, except for the fact that all of the states would be vassals and couldn't really do anything...
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Alright, here is the completed map without any added or modified provinces:

As of right now, I have several major problems to tackle, along with several smaller items. Here is what is on my agenda.

Accomplished! 1. Add a description to bookmark. Can anyone tell how this is done? As seem in this image, I added the title, but I can't figure out how to add the description. Any help you guys could give would be awesome.

Accomplished! 2. Figure out a way to make Europe and and States not visible to each other. This will probably involve modifying/adding a new tech group or culture(not sure which one shows discoveries every 50 years. I think that it's the tech groups though). I'll probably have to create a new tech group for the states, eventually. Or at least I think I will.

**EDIT** Just so you guys know, at the start of the game, as one of the states, you can see all of Europe clearly, though I believe Europe cannot see the states.

Accomplished! (Thanks to discoarsonist) 3. Add new provinces in ares of wasteland. Pretty straightforward, but i have absolutely zero experience in this, so it will probably take a lengthy amount of time.

Accomplished! 3a. Add in new religions, such as Mormonism, Southern Baptist, Lutheran, etc.

3b. Add in formable nations, including the U.S. as a final step.

Accomplished! 4. Modify provinces to fit the actual state borders.

4a. Potentially make a shogunate system. Will require a detailed look at how to do something like that.

Accomplished! 4b. Remove Huron from the start date.

5. Add leaders, admirals, rulers, advisers(maybe) to the states. Not a priority.

6. Make province wealthiness, and production more realistic (AKA make sure that each province is producing the right goods, and maybe change tax and manpower around a bit). Low priority.

More things may be added to this agenda, but as for now, that is all I have. I'll be here all of this week, but the next week I'll be gone for the entirety of it, so no progress will be made then.

Any help/input is appreciated!
    Last edited by homy_dog34; 16-07-2012 at 04:49.

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'd be willing to make you a new map of North America if you want. (Relatively) Accurate modern borders, extra provinces if you want them (not just in the wasteland), renamed provinces to fit modern NA (again, if you want). If there's one part of the map I've gotten good at modding, that's the one.
    Last edited by Guillaume HJ; 26-06-2012 at 05:01.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

This is looking pretty good! Good Job! I might just download it when it's finished. I just have two suggestions.

Maybe have some union countries like the Confederacy and New England and the Pacific States of America.

Then create a new government type where the leader's title is Governor.
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Second Lieutenant discoarsonist's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    I looked at em both. Honestly, the main problem is not the shape of the states, but rather the wastelands.
    I absolutely hate wastelands and for the last two days I've actually been going through the map and drawing new provinces in all the wastelands and such. I just did the United States today. Once I edit all the map files to recognize the new provinces and all that jazz, maybe it'd save you some time to just use my work.

Guillaume HJ and discoarsonist: Thank you both for your offers! I really appreciate that.
    Seeing as discoarsonist is already almost done redoing the U.S. he would probably be the best choice to send the map to me. (If he wants to that is.)
    But, still, thank you both very much for offering to do that!

EU3NOOB: Yes, that actually does sound like a good idea. the PSA, CSA, New England, the Midwest, and then the U.S. as a whole.
    Also, the government type is good idea as well. I can see that being implemented very well.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

A user named Sincleric is working on a mod of his own, named A Tale of Two Unions. A nuclear war between the Soviet Union and America has happened, and people are just starting to reresearch medieval technology. The HRE is now in Wmerica and was renamed the Blue Union. Unifying it creates the nation of the USA. The shogunate is now in Russia and is the Red Union. Unifying it creates the USSR. Every region will be associated with one or more nations. I comes fom the Steppe Wolf map, which comes from the Vicky 2 map. I'm asking him if he'd like to release it as a public mod (I assume he is.) He already has someone helping him, and maybe you'd also like to help out. I thought you'd be interested, as it too involves the independent 50 States.
    EDIT: I've got a confirmation that it indeed is going public.
    Last edited by PdoxNewbie; 29-06-2012 at 06:32.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Are you planning on setting up an HRE type government for USA?
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    Guillaume HJ and discoarsonist: Thank you both for your offers! I really appreciate that.
    Seeing as discoarsonist is already almost done redoing the U.S. he would probably be the best choice to send the map to me. (If he wants to that is.)
    But, still, thank you both very much for offering to do that!

EU3NOOB: Yes, that actually does sound like a good idea. the PSA, CSA, New England, the Midwest, and then the U.S. as a whole.
    Also, the government type is good idea as well. I can see that being implemented very well.
    Someone has acknowledged that I had a good idea! Yay me! That'll get me through the rest of this yard work...

But seriously thanks allot! EU3NOOB IS PLEASED!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

There could be some other cool potential unification tags too. Like Deseret for example, or Cascadia. You could also do some new religions in the Christian group, like Southern Baptist, Lutheran, Mormonism, maybe Methodist?, so you're not just tossing the entire country into "protestantism" when that's hardly accurate anyway. You'd naturally have Baptist through the south, Lutheran in the midwest, Mormons out west, then probably Catholics spread a bit haphazardously through the New England and California and such. Catholicism is probably the biggest religious affiliation in those places.

Yeah, that is probably way better for the religions. You're re right, a lot of states have a large Catholic population, but the protestants as a whole outnumber them.
    Added religion to the agenda.

I can see Deseret being used well, as a sort of Rocky Mountain unification.
    Cascadia, however, would be better implemented later, if I am able to add in the Canadian provinces as well.

Just an update on the map. I've redrawn it all and added all the provinces to everything, I just have to make their history files and then it's done, and that won't take long at all.

What I did was I gave all the provinces "native" names, to echo the style of the rest of the American provinces, and because if ever I were to make a mod using the map I would use the "Colony Name Change" mod within it, the one where names can automatically change in colonies based on who colonised it, which I think is fantastic. So it makes sense to start them all as neutral native names. If you'd like more modern names for all these new provinces, I can change them to that for this, and also if you want more modern names for all the existing provinces I can do that too, if you want.

Also, I built the map on top of the Devlet-i Ali Osman map, because I think all the redrawn provinces in Europe and such are just beautiful in that mod, and CanOmer's given me permission to use it as well. Additionally, I did away with all the rest of the wastelands, such as in Australia and Africa and everywhere, and filled in with new provinces or made old ones bigger (or in Africa's case borrowed from CanOmer's DOA Alternate map). If you want the new American provinces just on top of vanilla map, and if you just want all the other wastelands still in, I can do some copy/pastings and do that, and just give you a redone America. In the same vein, I indeed made new provinces for the Canadian wastelands. So if you want all the other wastelands but want North America redone, not just USA, just say so. You got options.

So just tell me what you'd like.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want me to do some edits to borders and the like in eastern US to make them prettier I can try that out as well.
    Last edited by discoarsonist; 01-07-2012 at 08:55.

Just an update on the map. I've redrawn it all and added all the provinces to everything, I just have to make their history files and then it's done, and that won't take long at all.

What I did was I gave all the provinces "native" names, to echo the style of the rest of the American provinces, and because if ever I were to make a mod using the map I would use the "Colony Name Change" mod within it, the one where names can automatically change in colonies based on who colonised it, which I think is fantastic. So it makes sense to start them all as neutral native names. If you'd like more modern names for all these new provinces, I can change them to that for this, and also if you want more modern names for all the existing provinces I can do that too, if you want.

Also, I built the map on top of the Devlet-i Ali Osman map, because I think all the redrawn provinces in Europe and such are just beautiful in that mod, and CanOmer's given me permission to use it as well. Additionally, I did away with all the rest of the wastelands, such as in Australia and Africa and everywhere, and filled in with new provinces or made old ones bigger (or in Africa's case borrowed from CanOmer's DOA Alternate map). If you want the new American provinces just on top of vanilla map, and if you just want all the other wastelands still in, I can do some copy/pastings and do that, and just give you a redone America. In the same vein, I indeed made new provinces for the Canadian wastelands. So if you want all the other wastelands but want North America redone, not just USA, just say so. You got options.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want me to do some edits to borders and the like in eastern US to make them prettier I can try that out as well.

Yes... I want it all! It all sounds so good!

The question was directed at horny_dog since it's for his mod, but I'm glad you're excited. :P

The question was directed at horny_dog since it's for his mod, but I'm glad you're excited. :P
    Of course I'm excited! This is the best thing since the invention of bacon!

Wow, that is excellent, thank you for your work!

Don't worry about changing the names. I can do that.
    Removing all of the wastelands sounds delicious (Forgive my misuse of that adjective).
    What you have done with the map right now sounds excellent.

If you want to redraw some of the borders, then go right ahead.

Thank you, again!

Well, everyone, I bring news.

First, I have added in 4 new religions:
    Baptist
    Lutheran
    Methodist
    Mormom

Though, I am not finished with all the details. One major problem is that the cross things that you see when you click on a province that tell you the religion do not appear for those, causing all of the others to be mismatched around.

Secondly, my partner in crime, discoarsonist, has removed all of dem naughty wastelands for me. (Thanks again, discoarsonist!)
    I will be adding in the new states soon.

As for right now, have a map of religion, with no new states, though expect a change for that in a day or 2.

Thanks, and please give any input you have!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast