+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: The Sword of Islam - Dev Diary 3

Quote Originally Posted by Korsan82 View Post
    I couldn't follow this closely so I have to ask if there is already a set release date
    All signs point to this coming Tuesday.

Wow! Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

When SoI will be released?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by el Santiago View Post
    When SoI will be released?
    next tuesday.
    Adding breadth and depth to the medieval aspects of economy, technology & the military - Magnate Lords A mod for CK2

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    next tuesday.
    The 26th.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

While I'm not totally again decadance, I'd rather have seen it worked into some sort of Mamluk system than the ruler's family. Nothing I have read about the medieval Near East suggests that a ruler was socially expected to have 4 wives but the slave soldiers, whether the Sudanese of the Fatimids and Zirids or the Turkish/Circassian Mamluk fighters were pretty vital to Middle Eastern politics at this point. I'm not quite sure how I'd work it and I probably won't bother since it has no chance of going in at this point, but I'd rather like some nod to their role, even if it is just some 'mercenary' companies you can call up.

Still sounds like fun though.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Anti-decadance mujahid.

Any word about...

- mercenaries for Abyssinia/Ethiopia/Monophysites?
    - new cultural buildings for Ethiopians?

wouldn't be to surprised if Ethiopians got Camel Riders, although i'm not sure if they actually used Camels ... its that or going oddball and giving them the the longbow range that Saxony have (with a rename) due to the Makuria (in Nubia ... close enough, since they ingame is Ethiopians as well) being famous for their archers, which was one of the primary reasons Islam didn't spead south OTL and the Caliphs accepted the Baqt argeement (which aren't working ingame)

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    wouldn't be to surprised if Ethiopians got Camel Riders, although i'm not sure if they actually used Camels ... its that or going oddball and giving them the the longbow range that Saxony have (with a rename) due to the Makuria (in Nubia ... close enough, since they ingame is Ethiopians as well) being famous for their archers, which was one of the primary reasons Islam didn't spead south OTL and the Caliphs accepted the Baqt argeement (which aren't working ingame)
    okay, so no official word. guess we'll just have to wait and see. and if nothing changed in that region bring this up again and hope some dev considers a change. :S

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Has a more comprehensive overview concerning the patch content been released?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bronq View Post
    Has a more comprehensive overview concerning the patch content been released?
    no, hopefully we will get a look at it tomorrow.
    Adding breadth and depth to the medieval aspects of economy, technology & the military - Magnate Lords A mod for CK2

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    no, hopefully we will get a look at it tomorrow.
    Yeah, I think Doomdark may take pity on us and release the full change log tomorrow.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIMagickaSengoku

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Yeah, I think Doomdark may take pity on us and release the full change log tomorrow.
    You do? I doubt he will, but one can always hope I guess.

Captain
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I feel like there needs to be substantial modifiers put on the empires, because previous posters are right. If someone declares independence, the rest of the realm just squashes them; the HRE, ERE, and (in my opinion) France are just too stable. Throughout the medieval and early modern period, France was a fractured state which had a tough time acting as one body to the English and in its own affairs; just look at the beginning of the EU3 map. At least, that's how I always learned it. And bringing the full force of the HRE on its own upstarts practically never happened. Crown authority helps actualize these things, but in the end, a kagillion soldiers still appear from the far corners of the empire to crush upstarts... which isn't very realistic. As for the ERE, I honestly don't know how free revocation will affect gameplay. However, I do know that it was a very powerful state in the Middle Ages and as I've played ... I've seen the state decline in the face of Muslims quite fairly. Never played it myself though....

Quote Originally Posted by Afinati View Post
    I feel like there needs to be substantial modifiers put on the empires, because previous posters are right. If someone declares independence, the rest of the realm just squashes them; the HRE, ERE, and (in my opinion) France are just too stable. Throughout the medieval and early modern period, France was a fractured state which had a tough time acting as one body to the English and in its own affairs; just look at the beginning of the EU3 map. At least, that's how I always learned it. And bringing the full force of the HRE on its own upstarts practically never happened. Crown authority helps actualize these things, but in the end, a kagillion soldiers still appear from the far corners of the empire to crush upstarts... which isn't very realistic. As for the ERE, I honestly don't know how free revocation will affect gameplay. However, I do know that it was a very powerful state in the Middle Ages and as I've played ... I've seen the state decline in the face of Muslims quite fairly. Never played it myself though....
    I would disagree with the France comment, I've seen it fracture frequently. Between William stealing Normandy, the van Vlaanderens revolting frequently, Robert the Old and his sons launching wars for the throne, and often Aquitaine and Toulouse getting uppity, I rarely see it unified. When England manages to stay strong and start quarreling with them, they're pretty much doomed.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    You do? I doubt he will, but one can always hope I guess.
    You owe me a cookie.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The waiting is killing me, supposedly only a few hours left

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21