• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Paglia

a.k.a. Asafetida & Otto Steiner (WoT)
34 Badges
Dec 29, 2010
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
NORTH AMERICA SERIES GAME #4

This is the AAR for our latest confrontation for world dominance.

PROJECTED LINEUP

- Roster is currently full
- Official moderator: Confinement
- Version: FTM 3.05

PROJECTED LINEUP FOR GAME #4

AXIS
  • Germany: Ugly Guy / griswolds686 (coop after China)
  • Italy: Paglia
  • Japan: Confinement
  • Romania: Icedbecker
  • Hungary: ---

ALLIES
  • UK: ThePastfinder
  • USA: Mycalle
  • Canada: TDT25
  • Australia: KevinG
  • France: Tderth (USSR coop after fall)
  • Nationalist China: griswolds686 (to coop GER after fall or sooner - TBD)

KOMINTERN
  • USSR: Master1a / Tderth (coop)

PROBABLE AAR WRITERS IN THIS THREAD

Paglia (confirmed writer)
Icedbecker
Confinement
griswolds686 (confirmed writer)
Ugly Guy (confirmed writer)

You can discuss/comment with us on the game rules/victory conditions/etc. at: North America Series Game #4

Don’t miss AAR of our previous games at:

Last edited:
FUORI DELLA STORIA L’UOMO È NULLA
TABLE OF CONTENT [Updated September 27th]

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?614143-North-America-Series-Game-4

Hello, our group of players is going to do its 4th MP game together. This time, I will play Italy. This is my 2nd time as Italy. My AAR will mainly cover European War from an Axis perspective. Here is the TABLE OF CONTENT, which will be updated on a regular basis. The title of this AAR would translate as “Hors de l’Histoire, l’Homme n’est rien” or “Outside History, Man is nothing”.

NDLR: Keep in mind that our official translators’ office, the Bureau of Communication with Foreigners, is very busy and, as such, you may find out, while reading our AAR, that our English might not be as good as you hoped it to be. For any complaints, you can get in touch with our customers service, 24/24 hours, at 1-418-234-2779 (1-418-BeH-appy).

AAR#1: January 1st 1936 – May 2nd 1938

IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO – POST 14

1. Il Spazio vitale, Summer 1936
2. La dottrina del fascismo, Winter 1937
3. La classe Littorio : ultima e più perfezionata tra le navi da battaglia, Fall 1937
4. Il Patto d'Acciaio, April 1938

IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY – POST 14

1. Major Events, 1936 - 1938

AAR#2: May 3rd 1938 – July 31st 1939

IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO – POST 27

1. Annessione dell'Albania, January 1939
2. La Marcia verso la Guerra, April 1939

IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY – POST 27

1. Bulgarian mischiefs, Spring 1939
2. The Empire will strike back!, Summer 1939
3. 2nd Sino-Japanese War, 1938-1939

AAR#3: August 1st 1939 – November 6th 1939

IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO – POST 41

1. Campagna di Francia, September 1939
2. Supremazia Mediterranea, September 1939
3. Campagna di Africa Orientale Italiana, October 1939
4. Campagna di Sicilia, November 1939
5. Caduta della Francia e della Grecia, October 1939

IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY – POST 41

1. USSR liberated countries from Democratic Oppression (Pravda; October 1939)
2. Yugoslavian Beef & Cattles Association (Bucharest’s Rag; October 1939)
3. A call to arms! (BBC News Report; September 1939)
4. 2nd Sino-Japanese War (Hong-Kong Daily; Fall 1939)

AAR#4: October 1941

IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO – POST 75

1. Armistizio, Fall 1941
2. Victory conditions

NEXT CHRONICLES

Our MP game is played on every Wednesday. As such, you can expect an update over the following week-end.

__________________________________________________ ______________

DON’T MISS OUR PREVIOUS AAR

ITALY 1936-1941
USA 1936-1942
CHINA 1936-1939 – GERMANY 1939

Last edited:
(Sorry no pictures yet..but Paglia will have some and I will have a recent screen shot later..Im new to AAR)

Recordings from a Chinese Military Attache:

July 3rd, 1937:

The Japanese have shown their colors and pursued the path of imperial expansion. Intelligence reports that six Corps of Japanese Regulars and 2 Corps of 2nd Line troops have smashed through Shanxi. Ninking command ordered a vast mobilization and deployment along the Yellow River. China was horrible deficient in officers and material. The only advantage was its oppressed masses that would die for a hot meal.

China managed to field 500k men divided into the:

A.) 1st Elite Rifle Army (Regulars) These men are trained by General Falkenhausen and are equipped by deficit spending to the emerging 3rd reich. Appx 23 divisions took the brunt of the coming offensive.
B.) 1st People’s Army: These are the rapidly equipped militias which were put under the command apparatus at Ninkaing.
C.) The “Vagabond” army. These are men who are beholden to local power figures such as mayors or local Duke’s. Unfortunately, Chinese high command does not have enough officers to build a command staff for these men so they are subject to their own authority. They are garrisoning the quieter sectors of the front.

August 1st, 1937

The Japanese army has dashed our hopes of holding on the Yellow River. Using, float planes, level bombers, and massed Battleship support, The Japs have busted the 1st Peoples army along the coast and sent our men into a route. As the last 2 weeks past we saw Jinan, our industrial powerhouse of the north, become encircled. The 1st Regular army was forced to order a retreat. Now the whole front is falling back in chaos.

Oct 1st, 1937

In the face of military disasters one must find the silver lining. We have been thrown off the Yellow River and lost the Qingdao Peninsula, but we have retreated in good order and not lost any brigades. We are falling back closer to the capitol.

March 1st, 1938

The last few months has seen 2 major triumphs and one colossal defeat (and another near one) Our close ally, Communist China, has been defeated and their forces surrendered. Our front has been lengthened and our forces weakened. However, in the west, we managed to cut off an over extended corps and destroy them. China High Command has taken 30k men prisoner and captured 200 guns and 600 trucks. This also opened the door for an offensive which brought the ChiCom capitol (Yunan) back into our hands. Furthermore, the relentless Jap assault to our capitol has been checked 3 times in as many months. The Elite Japanese Mtn forces actually breached the city defenses, but afer fearing encirclement, withdrew under heavy counter attack from the flanks.

So while we are under heavy air assault and engaging in brutal combat we are surviving and forever getting stronger. Our army now numbers 1 million men and the Chinese air force has purchased licenses for German messerschimdts. We are down, but not beaten.

Communique: German Diplomatic Korps

While we contnue to maintain close relationships with our friends in China, the government of Germany strenuously objects to the Chinese characterization of the actions of the Imperial Japanese government of having any imperialistic tendencies. We do not feel such unfactual portrayals of the actions of a sovereign government have any benefit but to attempt to prejudice world opinion against another close friend of Germany.

The benevolent peace loving people of Germany wish to invite both parties to a peace conference in Munich in which all sides can discuss ways of peacefully resolving this most unfortunate conflict.

It looks like China can actually do sth in a game that starts in 1936.

Honestly, having played Japan a lot and now China in mp, I think its very easy for a China to stalemate Japan...if not run him off the Continent. The main thing that can always kill China early on is Japans naval mobility. If Japan can draw China to one end and invade the other they can make huge gains. However, once China gets the reduced front for militia tech..they will become a nightmare for the Japanese player. A stalemate is almost inevitable at that point.

As long as China doesn't win in most games, I think it's ok. It shouldn't be easy to conquer China and it sure as hell shouldn't take just a year. When China is AI-controlled and Japan is human-controlled, it's far too easy to conquer the whole of Asia as Japan.

Two games at once? Madness! Subbed.

Honestly, having played Japan a lot and now China in mp, I think its very easy for a China to stalemate Japan...if not run him off the Continent. The main thing that can always kill China early on is Japans naval mobility. If Japan can draw China to one end and invade the other they can make huge gains. However, once China gets the reduced front for militia tech..they will become a nightmare for the Japanese player. A stalemate is almost inevitable at that point.
You mean as happened in real life, basically? Having not played as Japan (taking a break and firing up CKII atm) I don't know how much IC they start with so I don't know whether it would be a feasible to create 2-3 full invasion fleets + necessary troops by the start of the war (or a couple months afterwards). It would seem that Japan's biggest asset is, as mentioned, naval mobility, so I'm wondering why a divide and conquer strategy hasn't been tried yet (at least in this and previous AAR). Or maybe it has and I'm just blanking.

FUORI DELLA STORIA L’UOMO È NULLA
January 1st 1936 – May 2nd 1938

NEW POST JUNE 21st

Players (11/11): AXIS (Germany, Italy, Japan & Romania), ALLIES (UK, USA, France, China, Canada & Australia), KOMINTERN (USSR)

IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO

Il Spazio vitale
Agenzia Stefani *
Summer 1936

Today, our Beloved Leader, Benito Mussolini, Il Duce, in an address to the Nation, made an important statement. We are reporting here the main part of His address.

“Italians, proud members of Il Partito Nazionale Fascista, today is a day to remember.

We promised, 15 years ago, to bring to Italy its past glory. In 1923, our actions allowed Italy to occupy the Greek island of Corfu. In 1924, Fiume was brought back to Italy by the strength of our will. Then, after years of hard work, we delivered the colonies of Tripolitania, Cyrenaica, and Fezzan, unified in 1934 in our colony of Italian Libya.

Now, with the fall of Addis Ababa, the Second Italo–Abyssinian War brought us a complete victory in East Africa. What was once Ethiopia is now a part of what will be known, from now on, as Africa Orientale Italiana . Yes, my dear Italians, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somaliland no longer exist as distinct entities.

I appointed Amedeo, 3rd Duke of Aosta, as Viceroy and Governor General of Africa Orientale Italiana and instructed him to ensure a peaceful and harmonious development of this latest addition to the New roman Empire.

Il Spazio vitale is now a reality.”​

* Agenzia Stefani was the leading press agency in Italy from the mid-19th century until the end of World War II. It was founded by Guglielmo Stefani on January 26, 1853 in Turin, and was closed in 29 April 1945 in Milan. After the rise of fascism, Benito Mussolini grasped the potential usefulness of such a tool and on April 8, 1924, he placed Agenzia Stefani under the control of the sansepolcriste (Italian Fascist supporter) Manlio Morgagni who, in a short time, transformed the voice of the government within Italy as well as abroad. Source: Wiki.

La dottrina del fascismo
Agenzia Stefani
Winter 1937

His vision is not that of an ordinary man. Our Beloved Leader, Benito Mussolini, Il Duce, was wise when he dared challenge the tradition of instruction. Throughout Italy, now, we can see how he changed the way Italians think. He transformed them into something greater then themselves. He gave to their life, a meaning.

Here are some extracts of what every Italians is now well aware of: “The Fascist accepts life and loves it, knowing nothing of and despising suicide; he rather conceives of life as duty and struggle and conquest, life, which should be high and full, lived for oneself, but not, above all, for others — those who are at hand, and those who are far distant, contemporaries, and those who will come after.”

This new way of defining themselves will allow Italians, in time, to prevail over the roughness of life. A new era is coming, an era in which Italy will be called upon to play a major role.

La classe Littorio: ultima e più perfezionata tra le navi da battaglia
Agenzia Stefani
Fall 1937

As per by-law 1937-00345, Il Duce, leader of Fascist Italy, ordered that the keels for Vittorio Veneto, Littorio, Roma and Impero be laid down on October 5th 1937, at the Cantieri Riuniti dell'Adriatico shipyard in Trieste and the Ansaldo shipyard in Genoa, each getting 2 battleships.

According to Chief Admiral Cavagnari, “Pride of Regia Marina, those vessels will turn a mere dream into reality: Mare Nostrum will no longer be words. The Sword of the Just can now be wielded. The Littorio class is THE new bloodline of battleships.” While Italian High Command is assessing how these magnificent vessels will help Italy rules over the Med, engineers are already working on the next evolution in naval technology, the “Il Duce” class.

The main characteristics of the Littorio class are as follow:

Displacement:
- Standard: 40,724 t (40,081 long tons; 44,891 short tons)
- Full load: 45,236 t (44,522 long tons; 49,864 short tons)

Length: 237.76 m (780.1 ft)
Beam: 32.82 m (107.7 ft)
Draft: 9.6 m (31 ft)

Propulsion & Speed:
- 4 Geared turbines
- 8 Yarrow boilers
- 160 000 shp

Range: 2.074 nautical miles (3,840 km) at 19 knots (35 km/h; 22 mph)

Crew: 80 officers & 1 750 enlisted

Armament:
- 9 × 381 mm (15.0 in) L/60 guns
- 12 × 152 mm (6.0 in) L/55 guns
- 12 × 90 mm (3.5 in)/53 (AA)
- 20 × 37 mm (1.5 in)/54
- 16 × 2 20 mm (0.79 in)/65

Armor:
- Belt: 450 mm (18 in)
- Deck: 150 millimetres (5.9 in)
- Turrets: 350 millimetres (14 in)

Aircraft carried & Aviation facilities: 3 seaplanes & 1 catapult

Il Vittorio Veneto

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21226#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21230

(1) Click to enlarge the picture.

Il Patto d'Acciaio
Agenzia Stefani
April 1938

On April 18th 1938, Our Beloved Leader, Benito Mussolini, met with his counterparts from Germany (Adolf Hitler), Romania (Gheorghe Tatarascu) and Japan (Emperor Hirohito) for the Conference of Bucarest. There was only one topic on the agenda: the adhesion of Italy to the Axis. The result of these 4 days of discussion is a unique pact between the powers who shall reign over Europe: the Pact of Friendship and Alliance between Germany and Italy, also named The Pact of Steel (Il Patto d'Acciaio).

Count Galeazzo Ciano, who worked over the details of the Pact, revealed that the Pact consists of two parts: the first section is an open declaration of continuing trust and cooperation between Germany and Italy, while the second, a "Secret Supplementary Protocol" encourages a union of policies concerning the military and economy.

During this conference of Trust, Italy announced that it would help Romania pacifying the regions of Craiova and Calafat, on the Bulgarian borders, where groups under bolshevist influence are devastating the country for the last year. As such, Italy sent the Bombardiare Inferno Squadra to help reduce the ongoing rebellion. Count Galeazzo Ciano also added: “As was done during the Spanish Civil War, Italy stands with those who share its vision of a new and unique Europe.”

The Architects of a new and unique Europe

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21226#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21227

Fighting Bolshevism throughout Europe: The Inferno Squadra in Romania

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21226#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21228

IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY

NDLR: Given recent comments in the AAR, we feel we should try, this time, to cover more ground than just our country's actions. Accordingly, we will developp a new section in which we will try to give a global perspective of the current game and close gaps or provide missing links to help our readers get a better sense of what is happening in the game.

Major events
Agenzia Stefani
1936-1938

Anschluss: February 17th, 1938

Australia joining the Allies: Fall 1937

Romania joining the Axis: Fall 1937

2nd Sino-Japanese War: July 1st, 1937

Some pictures provided by war correspondents

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21226#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A%21229

Last edited:
I have a question, there is no info about Spanish Civil War(only that bomber squadron's from Italy take part there). Who won? or in what stage is this civil war? who is winning?

And another:
Accordingly, we will developp a new section[...]
This "section" is "IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY" in your post or it will be separate posts, one about Italy and one about world's political situation?

I have a question, there is no info about Spanish Civil War(only that bomber squadron's from Italy take part there). Who won? or in what stage is this civil war? who is winning?

And another: This "section" is "IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY" in your post or it will be separate posts, one about Italy and one about world's political situation?

Nationlists won the civil war.

The game does not allow for an active participation in the Spanish Civil War. Your neutrality level is too high when the civil war starts. So, for the AAR sake, I reported as if this unit did participate in it. This said, I really gave an expeditionary force of 2 TAC to Romania.

And another: This "section" is "IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY" in your post or it will be separate posts, one about Italy and one about world's political situation?

The 1st part, "IL FASCI ITALIANI DI COMBATTIMENTO", will be my main AAR, where I will report as Italian Player.

The 2nd part, "IT HAPPENED ON THAT DAY" will be used to report on all other things. There will be no separate post. I'm not sure, yet, on how I will report events under that section of my AAR. Style is still to be determined. Maybe I will adopt a style where I'll be reporting through the eye of war correspondents.

Romanian Communique to the League of Nations

The Romanian people have repeatedly plead for the League of Nations to step in and stop the repeated Bulgarian incursions into Romanian territory. Again last month they came in and stole another herd of our Romanian Spotted Cows. Coming in under the cover of darkness the Elite Bulgarian Special Bovine agents stepped in and herded our cows across the border to Bulgaria, they will be missed. Romania hopes that reports that American Cowboys were assisting Bulgaria in the cattle drive are untrue.

With the League of Nations unwilling to take any action we have accepted aid from our friendly Italians in the form of one Bomber squadron. Any Bulgarian agents will be dealt with extreme prejudice.

cowsp.jpg

-Secret Intelligence of Romanian Spotted Cattle being driven away from their beloved Romania and towards Bulgaria where an uncertain fate awates. The cows could not be reached for comment.

American Cowboys were assisting Bulgaria

I would say the reports you speak of are correct. There is absolutely no way that the Elite Bulgarian Special Bovine agency could have pulled off an operation of this magnitude without the aid of "BEEF" or the Bovine Evacuation and Extradition Force from the USA. I would definitely be on the lookout for anymore suspicious cattle movements in the next few months.

Retarded-Cowboy-4dcd4a40d8340.jpg

"Billy Bob" A suspected BEEF agent.

Last edited:
Romanian Communique 2 to the League of Nations

As ever, Romanian Bovine Agents [RBA] are diligently guarding our cows. Romania is stunned by reports of American assistance and asks that further research be conducted to verify this information.