• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wolfrider66

Private
60 Badges
Feb 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • War of the Roses
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Gettysburg
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Starvoid
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hello Sots2 fans,

Can someone please give me a link to or make a comprehensive hotkey/shortcut list. Also I need to know if reinforcements is a real action that I can do or if it's just an ugly rumor because I am having one heck of a time finding info about it. If it is a part of the SotS2 game would someone please explain how? I am new to SotS1 & 2 (well I've owned Sots 1 & 2 about 6 months each but have not played much), although I prefer SotS2 in spite of it's rocky start & I want to know as much as possible to be a successful Commander :)

There is no reinforcement mechanic in SotS2, you fight with your entire fleet so what you bring is what you get.

In SotS1 though it's a bit different, your command ship act as a beacon to your ships so you can invade a planet with stacks of doom and when a ship is destroyed a new one will automatically warp in on your command ship.

Warder

Ah thank you Blackwarder....I feel a terrible weight lifting from my shoulders. The burden of my reinforcements quest (in SotS2) was sucking the soul out of me with each unsuccessful google search. Nowhere does it say there is no such thing lol.

In SotS2 your entire fleet attack at once, including, your supply ships and what not.

You can however, send several fleets to attack the same system and it will trigger several combat rounds in the same between turns time, so for example, if you send two fleets you will be able to attack with one and than with the other.

The other day, I attacked one of my brothers heavily industrialized system (4 colonized planets, 2 asteroid belts and 3 gass giants!!!) I used two fleets, a cruiser fleet with the fastest ships I could build and a DN fleet with four BR carriers and a command ship, I used the cruisers to grab as much sectors as I could on the firs round while keeping my DN away from his fleets and planets, next combat round I deployed one carrier next to each cluster of mining stations and systematically destroyed all of them while my cruiser fleet remained hidden.

I lost a DN and several cruisers for that but in exchange he lost the ability to build his 2 DNs in each turn.

Warder