• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Premu

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
64 Badges
Feb 25, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Prison Architect
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Is it possible to completely destroy a faction in Warband? In my current game the Swadians and Vaegirs have lost all their holdings since ages. Their last armies are still around, and even if they are destroyed they reappear a little bit later. They are especially annoying as they are both currently at war with my king and keep on raiding villages if you don't hunt them down over and over again.

You are sure that they don't have a remote castle somewhere you've overlooked somehow? You should be able to be absolutely sure if you've checked the faction notes and they have nothing under holdings. If this is the case only thing I can think of is that their lords can use neutrals castles and cities to hide out and rebuild their forces. But their lords should not respawn if their faction has no castles. If they have no holdings and you've encountered and completely destroyed the forces of one of their lords more than once I'd say it sounds like a bug.

They have definitely no castles left - and they keep reappearing somewhere. Sometimes even without any man, just the lord himself. (Which of course makes them freaking fast and very hard to catch...)

Recruit them for yourself or wait untill they join another faction.
After they have been in all factions the lords disappear.

Well, the problem is that in my current game the lords are switching their lieges so fast that Swadia and Vaegirs always get new vasalls. Although around 30 lords are already outside of Caladria.

I did not know of the new patch.

By experience, if this patch reintroduces the lords going to exile very fast because they toured all the factions imbalance, it is better to abort the game.

Ultimately, it makes the game tedious.

What patch are folks playing on in this thread? 1.151+ has been attempting to fix faction defeat problems introduced with lord respawn changes that were made in 1.143. So, in order to be sure folks are talking about the same possible problems/hangups, the version is very important.