+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The mightiest of the north... or well... You shut your face, Harald!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The mightiest of the north... or well... You shut your face, Harald!

Hi everyone and welcome to my kingdom! The greatest place to hang about north of Rome, if you ask me.

What?

Yes, I know it's raining.

When is it going to stop? Stop raining?

You say there's a great ball of fire up there in the sky somewhere, warming the earth? Ha! Begone with you, pagan scum. Such tales are for fisherwives and fools.

*Kicks the audience down from the stage*

Get the next group in!

So, where was I? Ah, yes. The greatest place north of Rome, and I'm the greatest king up here!

No, that's not me. Yes I know he's "the last viking", but screw that. I've got the charm and male vigor of a great king!

*Sigh* No, that's not me either.

Yes, I know Svend can field about as large an army from his own family as I can from my entire kingdom. So what? He's an old fart ruled by his women.

Here's me:

King Erik the Awesome, ruler of All Sweden!

History-buff Narrator: Ah, yes. The tale of Erik Stenkilsson is one faded nearly into entire obscurity...

Hang on there! Obscurity? Me? I'm Erik the Awesome!

History-buff Narrator: Aye, obscurity. Little is known of this man beyond his first name and his war upon Erik the Pagan, but alas, romantic winds have twisted their true origins and in truth we know neither if one was the son of Stenkil nor if the other was pagan...

Oh come on! Insulting my father before he's even cold, are ye? Isn't that a bit under the belt?

History-buff Narrator: Even to name him king of Sweden, a kingdom not yet in existance by his death, is but a lie told centuries after his demise...

And now stealing away my kingliness? Hey mate, it's about the only thing I've got going for me up here. Oh bugger this!

*Erik stomps out of the room*

History-buff Narrator: He left did he? Insolent young man... who was he anyway? No matter. No, it seems clear to us that king Erik was not quite the man the later kings of what became Sweden was, the utter lack of reliable sources more lends to viewing him as a dwarf walking with the giants of his age. Nor was he to be long in this world for he fell in the...

*The narrator suddenly gasps and spits blood*

Ah, good. That shut him up. Maybe I should have waited until he told of where and how I was to die, though?

No... he was clearly a lying pagan! And about pagans, have you met...

Knut the Guard: My king! Your uncle, Erik the Pagan has declared war and comes to take your head? My king? Erik? Hey, did you guys see where he went? Hello? Is this thing even on?

King Erik, King Erik, he's not very good
    King Erik, King Erik, he's not where he should
    He rules over rocks
    But to his uncle they flock

King Erik, King Erik, is he hiding underground?
    King Erik, King Erik, will he ever be found?
    His dad is just dead
    Maybe he wasn't fed
    But Erik he is gone

I sometimes attempt this whole AAR-writing thing:

From the Baltic Sea arises 'The Red Griffin' - a narrative/history-book AAR as Sweden [On hold awaiting the release of M&T]

Oh, yeah right. Feeling that I wanted something a bit more lighthearted to work on in between my CoB updates I thought I would give this whole comedy-AAR deal a try. So *drum-roll* here's... ah screw it, the title is at the top. Better presentation might follow if I get around to it.

From the Baltic Sea arises 'The Red Griffin' - a narrative/history-book AAR as Sweden [On hold awaiting the release of M&T]

A bear there was, a bear! Kapt Torbjorn's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Glorious! Love the poem haha
    Showcased AAR 4/17/2010, Lord Strange's Cookie of British Awesomeness , Favourite EU3 History Book AAR Q2 2010, Favourite EU3 Narrative AAR Q3 2010

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    You filthy, dirty Swedes. I hope Svend conquers you all.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

The One where Erik finds a Pork Pie

Knut the Guard: So, the king has gone and a thousand bloodthirsty pagans are gathering in the north. I guess it's all up to me? The king's brothers? Oh, drunken fools and sods, the lot of them, or at least Erik always told me so.

Knut the Guard: I kind of realised that gathering some men to face the heathens might be smart. As you se we even got some boats to carry a hundred men from Gotland. I accidentally sent boats enough to get a thousand but hey, a man might hope right?

Knut the Guard: So here's the leader of the Pagans. I think he took all of his hair and glued it to his face. A nice full beard is important up here you know.

*Erik gets pushed back on stage*

Where I've been? Ah, well... eh... I only went to Gotland to gather our forces there. Botstain here were kind enough to give me a ride home. And don't you make fun of his name! He can't help his shoes looks like they do. Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you judge him, me ol'man always said.

Wait, me putting on those boots?

No.

They're icky!

Well, anyway, I've decided that a king really ought to have a queen, so it's about bloody time for me to get married.

What is it Knut?

We have a war to fight and no time to arrange marriages? Ha! You have obviously never seen the Stenkil's capacity for multi-tasking.

King Svend's bastardly lustful daughter Gro will do the trick.

Apparently Gro didn't find it very "romantic" to get married in a muddy field, surrounded by a thousand armed men. Nor that I stole all her friends and families jewelry. I'll show her romance tonight when we mud-wrestle. She can make stuff on me grow anytime.

Rawr.

Gro didn't really like that I made her crown from paper-board, either. Apparently princesses expect something more, especially after you steal all their stuff and sell it to the nearest pawn-shop. This marriage isn't really off to a great start.

Well, to hell with marriage, I say, I have a war to fight. CHARGE!

Quite obviously a king doesn't partake in the battle himself though. I stayed behind guarding the kitchens. One of the Danes who came north with Gro has a real nice recipe for pork pie!

Gro the maiden ventured north
    to find her hero king
    but as he marched forth
    he left her without a thing

Erik eats and his belly grows
    but Gro she schemes
    and all around her knows
    That Erik loves his pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapt Torbjorn View Post
    Glorious! Love the poem haha
    Thanks! Nothing better than a little vogonish poetry a fine Wednesday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    Bah! If your'e not nice to Erik the Awesome I might just wright one of my glorious songs about Harald Audensen!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    We need more Svend-conquers-England AARs.
    "Man is free; but his freedom does not look like the glorious liberty of the Enlightenment; it is no longer the gift of God. Once again, man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.."
    -Jean-Paul Sartré

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Interesting. I'll be following this and seeing if you can put the last nail in the Norse (religion, not ethnicity) coffin.

Or get your but kicked by Harald. Either way.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

GREAT beggining Apelstav you have the blood of a true poet i see .Now let see if Erik thte Unimportant ( still hope not for a long ) create a truly noticeable name
    Last edited by mike the knight; 15-06-2012 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    Interesting. I'll be following this and seeing if you can put the last nail in the Norse (religion, not ethnicity) coffin.

Or get your but kicked by Harald. Either way.
    Luckily Harald seems to be busy kicking Saxon butt, so Erik's is safe for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mike the knight View Post
    GREAT beggining Apelstav you have the blood of a true poet i see .Now let see if Erik thte Unimportant ( still hope not for a long ) create a truly noticeable name
    Thanks mate!

---

Another update (maybe two) will be up tonight, if I get around to it, otherwise expect it tomorrow

Oh yeah, I've got this AAR too now, right... Well, an update will come in due time. Maybe in the weekend if I get around to it, but for now, I've got studying to do.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Erik will pay for dragging Gro into this disgraceful mudhole called "Svealand"! Denmark forever!

I love it, by the way. Don't mind my false AAR rivalries showing through.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

+ Reply to Thread