• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(506846)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 13, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello all,

I bought the Crusader Kings II game, and it installed properly, and all, and I have a problem; it's not loading up. When I press PLAY GAME in Steam, it brings me a screen where one would put download contents and mods, and a buttons "play CKII. No matter how many times I try and click play game, that screen disappear, and nothing loads up....

Any suggestions...!?

Thank you.
Crowmp

@Link Strife: I have a Nvidia GTX 7800, and it's possible I might be a low end, but the game does not load at all.. I might have to upgrade computer, but ll other games I play are just fine... Will dig a little more, thank you. :)

@ Bhagan:
I tried, and no go too... ;(

GPU is not up to par.

"System Requirements
PC
Operating system: XP/Vista/Windows7
Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
Memory: 2 Gb RAM
Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 512mb graphics memory required."

There is a website called Can you run it? that you can use before you buy a game. Many times, it has told me that I COULDN'T run a game, when I actually could, because it was based on dev specs, rather than the actual science of the hardware. It's a poor idea to simply buy a game assuming you can run it, especially in this day an age. Your video card is rather low end at this point.