• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tell you, this thread is interesting to me. I'm playing as Kingdom of Wales. The Duke of Leon became on ally since I married off one of my princesses or a sister to him. He kept calling me into his holy wars with Cordoba or Beja to get back his lands. I would send troops down there - really just for fun as I was bored. I would go around wiping out infidel troops while Leon and other allies did the sieges. Literally, after completely wiping out Beja's armies - I'm now in the middle of Beja - *Poof* I see 10,000 troops rise up out of the surrounding counties. They form up, take me out, and then take out my sieging allies. We go from a very positive warscore to highly negative in a matter of a minutes.

The ability of the Muslim Spanish countries to amass troops quickly is mind-boggling and OP IMO. I"m not messing with the area again - at least until I have more experience with war.

I tell you, this thread is interesting to me. I'm playing as Kingdom of Wales. The Duke of Leon became on ally since I married off one of my princesses or a sister to him. He kept calling me into his holy wars with Cordoba or Beja to get back his lands. I would send troops down there - really just for fun as I was bored. I would go around wiping out infidel troops while Leon and other allies did the sieges. Literally, after completely wiping out Beja's armies - I'm now in the middle of Beja - *Poof* I see 10,000 troops rise up out of the surrounding counties. They form up, take me out, and then take out my sieging allies. We go from a very positive warscore to highly negative in a matter of a minutes.

The ability of the Muslim Spanish countries to amass troops quickly is mind-boggling and OP IMO. I"m not messing with the area again - at least until I have more experience with war.

You should see the speed at which I've been able to recover my armies mid game...
One way around this if you have the troops available is to put out several stacks just large enough to break the levies per county, and one big siege stack. It's risky, but generally works if you have sufficient troops since the other side never manages to raise a doomstack.
Also - are they raising a muslim Holy Order?