• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

arya126

Major
6 Badges
Sep 14, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • 500k Club
Is there any way to stop V2 rockets once they are in the air? I don't believe there is, but there may yet be some feature I don't know about.

It just so happens that the germany ai managed to discover the location of my nuclear facilities in Nashville, and has been paying friendly visits to it with ballistic missiles every couple of days. In essence that means my one hope of victory, nukes, has gone out the window unless you wonderful paradox community members can help me :p .

Is there any way to stop V2 rockets once they are in the air? I don't believe there is, but there may yet be some feature I don't know about.

It just so happens that the germany ai managed to discover the location of my nuclear facilities in Nashville, and has been paying friendly visits to it with ballistic missiles every couple of days. In essence that means my one hope of victory, nukes, has gone out the window unless you wonderful paradox community members can help me :p .
Wow, I don't think that ever happened to me to be honest. Don't INTs on Air Superiority missions at least try to stop the V2s?

Wow, I don't think that ever happened to me to be honest. Don't INTs on Air Superiority missions at least try to stop the V2s?

I haven't tried INTs although I will now. I was of the belief that INTs only intercepted V1s (known as flying bombs), but anything bigger like V2s or ballistic missiles would go right through them. I will go try this now. Thanks for the feedback!

Ïîäñêàæèòå î÷åíü íàäî êàê âîîáùå ÈêñÐóìåð 5 êóïèòü ëèöåíçèîííûé?

Óâàæàåìûå ôîðóì÷àíå, íå çëèòåñü åñëè íå â òîò îòäåë íàïèñàëà.

I can't understand that...I do believe this is the English forum. Allow me to be corrected, albeit in English please so I can understand it :) .

the last time that crap happened the person was banned and those posts were deleted...i would never follow those links ..it could be very dangerous to your computer

Were V2's in any way accurate enough to pinpoint anything short of a 'City' IRL? I don't think so.
I am pretty sure they had a fairly wide margin of error; therefore, they should not be able to single out Nuclear Facilities.
Well, not for another 30 years anyway..

I know that this may be a limitation of how provinces handle damage but surely only Strategic/Tactical bombing should be able to pinpoint (and damage) either Rocket or Nuclear Facilities?

You could of course prioritize that province for repair..

Were V2's in any way accurate enough to pinpoint anything short of a 'City' IRL? I don't think so.
I am pretty sure they had a fairly wide margin of error; therefore, they should not be able to single out Nuclear Facilities.
Well, not for another 30 years anyway..

I know that this may be a limitation of how provinces handle damage but surely only Strategic/Tactical bombing should be able to pinpoint (and damage) either Rocket or Nuclear Facilities?

You could of course prioritize that province for repair..

While I have no source readily available to prove my statement I still remember (vaguely) that V2s (unlike V1s) were pretty much accurate due to the use of some kind of gyroscoping compass.

V2 1943 = 4.5Km CEP
V2 1944 = 3Km CEP
(all approximate)

Not that accurate, really..
That was, at maximum, bombing the UK.
The OP mentioned bombing mainland USA using Ballistic missiles? I would say the accuracy should decrease even further - though I suppose it might depend on the year and level of development. The OP does not mention this!

But nuclear facilities just like any other types of buildings get destroyed during "regular" strategic bombing...the real issue is the power of V2s in the game, enormous while IRL it was almost nil.

But nuclear facilities just like any other types of buildings get destroyed during "regular" strategic bombing...the real issue is the power of V2s in the game, enormous while IRL it was almost nil.

That depends on how you define a "launching site". AFAIK ingame you can only install one site per province. IRL GER wanted to install a lot of sites in a "province", but was unable to do so due to lack of resources, Allied air superiority and retreating frontline. If this would have been realized, this might have had some serious effect.

:huh: There are no launching sites in the game, V2s are simply air units deployed to airfields. IRL, well, a ballistic rocket is not the most cost/efficient way to deliver explosives to a target.

:huh: There are no launching sites in the game, V2s are simply air units deployed to airfields. IRL, well, a ballistic rocket is not the most cost/efficient way to deliver explosives to a target.

I never used them, so I didn´t know that, sorry. Still, they are an abstraction, whether they represent 1 rocket or several rockets, therefore the damage inflicted might just be "realistic".

I do agree, they weren´t cost-efficient, but during that time they were more or less unstoppable once they had reached their max speed. So if you don´t have air superiority this is at least a way to deliver some damage to the enemy.

the last time that crap happened the person was banned and those posts were deleted...
Just to point out, Daniel, those posts are automatic - the users are so called "spambots", not real persons.

(sorry for the OT)

I think they represent hundreds of rockets but even then, the damage they do is so enormous that it hardly makes any sense. Even if we drop the issue of targeting they should cost as much as strategic bombers and do half the damage to match reality. Noone will ever use them in this case, of course.